mtbr member
    Nov 2012

First time light buyer

After riding with a buddy and his light, got the urge to pick up my own light. I've read a little on the forums and I'm leaning towards the gloworm xs or the x2. Will be primarily used on helmet, mostly single track, and possibly some road time on the road bicycle. Is there anything else that I should take a look at?

mtbr member
    The only thing that I would add is that you consider getting an additional lamp for the bars. Since you are already considering the Gloworm lights I'm going to assume you like what you see with your friends lamp. An X2 for the helmet would be a good choice. The only other thing I suggest is that if you are considering a Gloworm light for the bars that you wait till the end of January. There are some remote wire length issues that are suppose to be corrected by then. If you think this might be an issue that would effect your decision I would suggest contacting the vendor before you buy. If you're just using it for helmet mounting or are using typical flat Cross-country handlebars the current version shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, the XS would be the bomb if used on the bars to compliment an X2 on the helmet.

mtbr member
    XS and X2!