I like turtles

first night ride of the fall...getting ready for some 24 hour racin'

First night ride of the fall last night, so fun. 24 Hours of RVA (near Richmond, VA) coming up in a bit over a week...needed to shake down my system. New batteries from Action LED (Samsung) worked great. My Gemini's still work well even though they are the dreaded cool white tint. Should be able to get 3 laps on a charge but usually charge between each...we do a 4 man team and alternate so a few hours between laps. Anyway, just was excited to blaze the lights last night and reminded me how much I enjoy night riding!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro are #@$%

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    First night ride of the fall last night, so fun. 24 Hours of RVA (near Richmond, VA) coming up in a bit over a week...needed to shake down my system. New batteries from Action LED (Samsung) worked great. My Gemini's still work well even though they are the dreaded cool white tint. Should be able to get 3 laps on a charge but usually charge between each...we do a 4 man team and alternate so a few hours between laps. Anyway, just was excited to blaze the lights last night and reminded me how much I enjoy night riding!
    Even though I understand the reasons it always seem odd for me to hear people start their night riding season in the fall. Living in the desert the warmer months (March - October) are when it seem natural to me to be out in the dark on my bike to avoid the heat of the daylight. Environment makes my seasonal preferences different than yours but also affects how I view the effectiveness of emitter tint. Riding by myself I pretty much always prefer the more popular here neutral white because it reduces glare, helping my eyes work better. Riding with groups (like your racing or road rides) because few others use neutral white emitter tints I still like cool white's brighter appearance since my pupils are less dilated to counteract the glare from other riders cool white lights. Something to consider when choosing emitter tint though mostly you don't get a choice. Glad to hear your out enjoying night riding again. Good luck with your race.
    Mole

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Even though I understand the reasons it always seem odd for me to hear people start their night riding season in the fall. Living in the desert the warmer months (March - October) are when it seem natural to me to be out in the dark on my bike to avoid the heat of the daylight. Environment makes my seasonal preferences different than yours but also affects how I view the effectiveness of emitter tint. Riding by myself I pretty much always prefer the more popular here neutral white because it reduces glare, helping my eyes work better. Riding with groups (like your racing or road rides) because few others use neutral white emitter tints I still like cool white's brighter appearance since my pupils are less dilated to counteract the glare from other riders cool white lights. Something to consider when choosing emitter tint though mostly you don't get a choice. Glad to hear your out enjoying night riding again. Good luck with your race.
    Mole
    Here, one of the primary trails is closed for nightriding from Mem. Day to Labor Day so hard to do it in the summer here...plus it isn't dark until very late and that makes for a late night...at least that's my reasoning. In the '90s I used to ride in the summer at night b/c I wasn't married, didn't have 3 kids, and could stay out until midnight! I agree that I like the neutral white LEDs but the cool whites work just fine.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro are #@$%