nocturnal oblivion

"Filtering" a MS 808 - Will it overheat?

I'm starting to commute and not doing a lot of night trail riding, so the MS has been mounted under the seat along the rails using the helmet mount plate. Would using a red filter over the lens cause overheating?
    I'm thinking of using the adhesive translucent tape used to fix vehicle taillights. Up front I have a 400L Dinotte on the helmet. The MS is a quick release mount via the rubber o-ring, hence the reason it was relegated to taillight status.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

GeoMan
    We have used a plastic diffuser lens over the MJ-808 and run it on high for a 12 hour night race, didn't seem to cause any heat issues

Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    I'm starting to commute and not doing a lot of night trail riding, so the MS has been mounted under the seat along the rails using the helmet mount plate. Would using a red filter over the lens cause overheating?
    I'm thinking of using the adhesive translucent tape used to fix vehicle taillights. Up front I have a 400L Dinotte on the helmet. The MS is a quick release mount via the rubber o-ring, hence the reason it was relegated to taillight status.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

nocturnal oblivion
    Sounds good! Thanks.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

GeoMan
    If it doesn't work out and you need to replace the glass lens, just email geoman@geomangear.com and we'll take care of that

Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    Sounds good! Thanks.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com