mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Favorie Made in USA, Handlebar/Rechrgable

Quick question,

Was looking for everyone's opinion on the best Made in the USA light for my handlebar. I normally leave my light in the truck and just recharge it so I would like to keep that feature.

Anyone have any reccomendations?

mtbr member
    Dinotte XML3. see ad above.

Not sure if they have a car adapter or not, but... price, quality, USA made.... checks all those boxes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Shooting them a email to see if they offer a car adapter/charger. If not the light still looks like a winner and after some quick research it looks like you are spot on.

Price, USA made, and quality from several reviews all state it's superb.

I really appreceiate the reccomendation and Ill update when Dinotte responds however this light looks like it's going to make it on my bike regardless.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by texag0842 View Post
    ... I normally leave my light in the truck and just recharge it so I would like to keep that feature.

Anyone have any reccomendations?
    Whatever rechargeable lamp you buy I recommend that you not keep "the battery" in the truck. Li-ion batteries do not fair well when exposed to high heat. If your truck is left out in the summer sun with the battery inside the truck the heat will make short work of your nice new Li-ion battery.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Whatever rechargeable lamp you buy I recommend that you not keep "the battery" in the truck. Li-ion batteries do not fair well when exposed to high heat. If your truck is left out in the summer sun with the battery inside the truck the heat will make short work of your nice new Li-ion battery.
    Well good news is I haven't had my current set-up fried by the Texas heat. I must have been lucky, but I do appreceiate the advice so I don't make the same mistake.

Second they don't make a car charger anyway so Im SOL.

Anymore reccomndations before I pull the trigger?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    There's also jetlites. They may be a bit cheaper, but not as bright.

Light freak

How about an Amoeba?

US made - check

Handlebar mounted - check

Car charger available -check

These are some of the reasons some people purchase my lights -
    1. - Size
    2. - Weight
    3. - Customer service (if ever needed)
    4. - Made by someone who uses his lights on an almost daily basis and knows the importance of reliability and has the same passion for biking.

Been building LED bike lights for over 5 years now, got them being used by bikers all around the world. Do a search on MTBR for "Amoeba lights" and you will find gobs of threads. I use TaskLED drivers, so you get a choice of it programmed in Dual mode or Three mode. Shoot me an email to the address in my signature and I will forward you a bunch of information

Favorie Made in USA, Handlebar/Rechrgable-nice-hand.jpg

Favorie Made in USA, Handlebar/Rechrgable-amoeba-xm-l2-bar-mounted.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Purchased dual XML-3's one for the handlebar and one for the helmet.

Will update with quality, output, durability and my overall satisfaction for the price paid.

mtbr member
    You're gonna blow up the trail. I just use one on my helmet, and run it on medium most of the time.

I will give you a tip on the helmet mount... ditch it, if your helmet will allow. You can strap the lighthead directly to the helmet. Rotate the base of the rubber strap mount, via the screw on the bottom. Strap it to a vent bar on your helmet, and wedge a piece of paper, or something, under the front to aim the light, where desired. I never use that helmet mount. Probably keeps it 2" lower to my helmet, and easier to put on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Well first update on the CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Can't say enough already. I placed the order and asked them to make sure I could have the lights before this weekend. They don't have any in stock so what they offered is to ship me XML-1's to ride this weekend and then Monday they are going to swap them out for the XML-3's.

How can you beat that.

D365 - So Ill fab something up to keep the XML-3 low. I figured I was more or less going over kill the with the lights but rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.