Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136

    Good job! Fake BikeRay lights

    Be aware of fake BikeRay lights~!
    Rescently, we found out there are many fake BikeRay lights being sold at fleamarkets and so on all over U.S.
    We did our research and found out that they are fakes from a company with "BikeRay" logo on top as ours. Since they couldn't match the quality, services of BikeRay & BikeRayUSA, This is what they came up with. As this moment, our manufacture is preparering a Law Suit againt (the company)on this issue. We, as BikeRay USA will be on top of this issue and will file a neccessary action too.
    If you find this fake BikeRay in your area, please let us know at soonest. We highly appreciate your support on this matter. If you haven't purchased BikeRay lights directly from us or our reps and dealers, they are not legitimate BikeRay lights and we can not support on parts, warranties nor services.

    To identify the fake BikeRay lights, inside of our package, you should find 2 documents. One is installation guide, and other is about our warranty with our mailing address. And on every, each BikeRay light we ship out, they are tagged with tested date, tester's name or initial. The new package also contains new metal ring that shows a serial number along BikeRay logo. (only on black BikeRay-I & II with new packaging) If you don't see above mentioned descriptions, they are fakes. Also fake BikeRay lights are using a mixed combination of light metal case. Main body looks like BikeRay-II but the rear looks more like BikeRay-I.We are talking to dealers and reps to help us to find Fake BikeRay distributors.


    Your support on this matter is highly appreciated~! Thank you~!!!!!
    Last edited by bikerayusa; 03-04-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  2. #2
    www.airbornemtb.org
    Reputation: nick d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    327
    i see you guys will be at the santos ftf, thats cool! are you one of the vendors then?
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

  3. #3
    Goats Rule!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    306
    Here we go again...

    Bikeray, Magicshine, Cyclops, Gemini...whatever. It's all the same. Yeah, I've read everyone's arguments that they are the "original" knockoff and then the knockoff of a knockoff.

    Thanks but no thanks.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
    Here we go again...

    Bikeray, Magicshine, Cyclops, Gemini...whatever. It's all the same. Yeah, I've read everyone's arguments that they are the "original" knockoff and then the knockoff of a knockoff.

    Thanks but no thanks.
    Yap, you are right in a way. Light is a light, LED is a LED, Aluminum is a aluminum. RIght~?
    I don't believe I ever said that I am original. I never heard that even from MS or Gemini.
    MS has their own line of product, BikeRa has own lline of products too. The way industry moves, not only on bicycle lights but in everything.... its "Share". MB copies few things from Toyota, GM copies few things from Ford, I mean, we are in the world of global community that communication, information is just few minutes, no, seconds away.
    No argument on that. But what we are trying to say here is, making a duplicate with your name is wrong. Its like stealing your identity., your social security number~!
    That is wrong~!
    Your ID is King of the Hill. Well someone comes from nowhere and says he is the King of Hill.... how would you like that~?
    I don't think you will like in anyway.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by nick d
    i see you guys will be at the santos ftf, thats cool! are you one of the vendors then?
    Hey Nick~!
    Yes, we will be there as vendor on vendors line, just as close to Greenway bicycle shop.
    Hope to see you there. We will there 18~19th.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  6. #6
    Goats Rule!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    306
    Point taken on the name issue. Yes, I agree someone should not use your name and you have to take action to defend your name and business. The lights though...who manufactures yours? Cyclops? Gemini? Must be someone in Shenzhen, and that someone is most likely making them for everyone.

    C'mon, look at the lights - they are the same light. Some claim D bin emitters, others better batteries, better warranty... My point is we've heard so many vendors whine about being wronged when they themselves are selling a knockoff of Lupine lights that it's getting old.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
    Point taken on the name issue. Yes, I agree someone should not use your name and you have to take action to defend your name and business. The lights though...who manufactures yours? Cyclops? Gemini? Must be someone in Shenzhen, and that someone is most likely making them for everyone.

    C'mon, look at the lights - they are the same light. Some claim D bin emitters, others better batteries, better warranty... My point is we've heard so many vendors whine about being wronged when they themselves are selling a knockoff of Lupine lights that it's getting old.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    I am in LED lighting business about 9 years now. I can tell you that first ones with 900 lms were Koreans. In few months later, the very first Chinese company on bicycle lighting qas MS. Yes, BikeRay came after MS. But with different design and better components. It is obvious that most of LED industry are concentrated in ShenZhen. But that is how China is doing. Type of industry is concentrated in one city. Like shenzhen is led, solar etc. Other city is motorcycles, other city is electronics.... entire city dedicates on one or similar product.
    Gemini came just 3 months ago, from a supplier who used to supply some items to BikeRay.
    I can not say who, but there are few others who gets their products made from same city boundery.
    Cyclops are made by BikeRay, thats why you see everything same as BikeRay but the name.

    Hope this explains a little.
    Sorry, I am not in position to share more than this.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  8. #8
    www.airbornemtb.org
    Reputation: nick d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    327
    Yes, about 15 from or club will be there-most of us pt volunteers.

    It is an awesome event!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerayusa
    Hey Nick~!
    Yes, we will be there as vendor on vendors line, just as close to Greenway bicycle shop.
    Hope to see you there. We will there 18~19th.
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,644
    To BikeRay USA: It is unfortunate to see a clone of your product. That being said, it seems to not be unusual judging from the recent entry of Chinese bike lights into the market place. However someone making a light that looks like yours and then using your logo/ name to boot...well that just goes beyond the pale. I am saddened to see this kind of thing happen. I appreciate that you have taken the time to notify your potential buyers. I know it is the last thing you really wanted to do but it shows class. I hope you find the scammers and put a stop to their fraud.

    On the other hand....we, the potential buyers of your product have no way to verify your story. This could be a deception on your part to corner more of the market. I'm not calling you a liar just pointing out that the story can be used to your advantage. In the long run this translates to : Buyer beware ( *P.S. I still like the BikeRays... )

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    To BikeRay USA: It is unfortunate to see a clone of your product. That being said, it seems to not be unusual judging from the recent entry of Chinese bike lights into the market place. However someone making a light that looks like yours and then using your logo/ name to boot...well that just goes beyond the pale. I am saddened to see this kind of thing happen. I appreciate that you have taken the time to notify your potential buyers. I know it is the last thing you really wanted to do but it shows class. I hope you find the scammers and put a stop to their fraud.

    On the other hand....we, the potential buyers of your product have no way to verify your story. This could be a deception on your part to corner more of the market. I'm not calling you a liar just pointing out that the story can be used to your advantage. In the long run this translates to : Buyer beware ( *P.S. I still like the BikeRays... )
    Hi Cat-man-Do;

    I am very aware of whole situation and we had several meetings cause of what you said was already on our mind.
    It could well damage our image as well.
    But then, we came to a conclusion to reveal this matter to the public.

    If I need to, I do have email exchanges dated almost 2.5+ years back, money transfers, R&D issues, prototype drawings,. From Korean manufacture(s)2008, MS(2009), BikeRay(2010) etc that I can use them to go to public. But you are right.
    What it will do is make more damages and wrong impressions to everyone.
    All we want from this is, to stop those people using our name. Doesn't matter they have better or worst product.

    Someone already went to one of our dealer and asked warranty repair on his "BikeRay" light that he purchase at fleemarket. Dealer contacted our rep, and showed the light. Our rep thought it was funny seeing something so similar but he knew it wasn't from us. That is how we got aware of this issue. We, never sold any light to anyone who does business at the fleemrkets. And we never will.

    About copies of technical issues, I will say its like car industry. I can not recall who started with ABS, TPMS, etc, etc. But I am sure one company made it first, then it got copied by others with improvements or got cheaper, etc.
    I remember the first GM truck I bought with ABS system in 1993. It was junk.
    Never could stop on time. It never worked as it was suppossed to. I ended up having a big crash and funny what the dealer told me. I didn't use the brake properly and there is nothing wrong with the truck.....
    Well, after several years later, GM made recall on those trucks to repair on ABS system. After killing several people.
    Isn't that what happend with Toyota~? beside of political issues.~???

    What I am trying to say here is, doesn't matter who came up with the idea first. Its all about who makes it better, more attractive....am I right~? oh~~ low cost too.

    World has changed dramatically. No more secrets, ..... I think its google's fault....

    Anyway, if you are in FL, please see us at Daytona Supercross, on March, 05.
    Ocala Fat tire Festival on March 18~19.
    We are working for other states as well, but we got our hands full here in FL. But it is our hope to see you in your state in very near future~!

    Thank you all~!
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4

    Hope

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
    Here we go again...

    Bikeray, Magicshine, Cyclops, Gemini...whatever. It's all the same. Yeah, I've read everyone's arguments that they are the "original" knockoff and then the knockoff of a knockoff.

    Thanks but no thanks.
    you just dont get it do you

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: znomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,660
    Claims from self declared "Official" dealers about counterfeit lights are common.
    Usually they allude to poor quality and make vague claims about being the original designers.
    Could you please post pics and technical comparisons showing how these fake lights differ.

    I'm guessing the only significant difference is price.

    We all know official isn't always best, with one "master" dealer having 100% failure rate on one product with no remedy yet.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerayusa
    Thank you for your understanding.
    I am in LED lighting business about 9 years now. I can tell you that first ones with 900 lms were Koreans. In few months later, the very first Chinese company on bicycle lighting qas MS. Yes, BikeRay came after MS. But with different design and better components. It is obvious that most of LED industry are concentrated in ShenZhen. But that is how China is doing. Type of industry is concentrated in one city. Like shenzhen is led, solar etc. Other city is motorcycles, other city is electronics.... entire city dedicates on one or similar product.
    Gemini came just 3 months ago, from a supplier who used to supply some items to BikeRay.
    I can not say who, but there are few others who gets their products made from same city boundery.
    Cyclops are made by BikeRay, thats why you see everything same as BikeRay but the name.

    Hope this explains a little.
    Sorry, I am not in position to share more than this.
    I wish you well on this.. I would also be a bit upset..
    TO BE CLEAR... the ONLY product (out of more than 400) that Bikeray/China manufactures for Cyclops is this particular LED.
    .Most of our products are made in the good ol USA.
    That includes Bulbs, Ballast, Boards, cords,ect...

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by off road rider
    I wish you well on this.. I would also be a bit upset..
    TO BE CLEAR... the ONLY product (out of more than 400) that Bikeray/China manufactures for Cyclops is this particular LED.
    .Most of our products are made in the good ol USA.
    That includes Bulbs, Ballast, Boards, cords,ect...
    I got it~!
    Cyclops~!
    We talked a lot over the phone....
    Sorry Cyclops...
    I will not reveal anymore.
    Promise~!
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Claims from self declared "Official" dealers about counterfeit lights are common.
    Usually they allude to poor quality and make vague claims about being the original designers.
    Could you please post pics and technical comparisons showing how these fake lights differ.

    I'm guessing the only significant difference is price.

    We all know official isn't always best, with one "master" dealer having 100% failure rate on one product with no remedy yet.
    I agree.with you.
    But I can not on the issue of prices. Other day, I went to buy a set of new tires for my city car. Man~!!! I was offered from $60 to $110 per tire. for same size. They all offer same 40000 mile warranty. I asked why, the answer was rather simple. Because they are from overseas.
    Original Designer, you are right on that too.
    Many times, original design is not so good. That is why we keep improving on our lights. Copying from others~? I will say, Not copying., But learning and make it better than theirs.
    I don't know about other companies, but we as BikeRay USA spent a lot of money and time to make it happen. We are not just a buy and sell like others..... We actually got involved on production, tests, etc that noo other sales distributors have done. Don't you think 2.5+ years working on bicycle lighting is enough~? and never sold anything before we got finalized with BikeRay-I & II. Yet, we are not done. We are still working to improve even more on Ray-I & II. We are not over looking even smallest details but we fight a lot with manufacture. Because we put ourseves as any customers, not a seller. You can contact China and ask them how many times we had huge arguments over quality issues. Boy~! we almost lost our contract. But we had to, if I don't like something, others will feel same. Customers are not dumb. I am a customer to someone too. And I don't like to be treated as stupid either..... Maybe that is why I hate ebay....~!
    Last edited by bikerayusa; 03-04-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHills
    you just dont get it do you
    No..... am I missing something~???
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerayusa
    No..... am I missing something~???
    HELLO! i was talking about king of the hill my one hill brother not you ^^

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: znomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHills
    HELLO! i was talking about king of the hill my one hill brother not you ^^
    Is he your real brother or a fake poor quality brotherfromanothermother?
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

  19. #19
    Goats Rule!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Is he your real brother or a fake poor quality brotherfromanothermother?
    Hahaha! That's a good one. I'm the original though, he's the knockoff.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: znomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
    Hahaha! That's a good one. I'm the original though, he's the knockoff.
    By knockoff you mean he has been redesigned without all your faults.
    Sorry dude, you're obsolete now.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerayusa
    I got it~!
    Cyclops~!
    We talked a lot over the phone....
    Sorry Cyclops...
    I will not reveal anymore.
    Promise~!
    No worries here We have no secrets to keep.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfTheHills
    HELLO! i was talking about king of the hill my one hill brother not you ^^
    hhhhh~!
    sorry....~! after all, it is funny to be here online with you guys.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    333
    I've never heard of bikeray, sorry.

    Can you actually provide a photographic teardown of both your light and the "fake" ?

    The ones I just found on ebay look pretty good ;-)

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikerayusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLee
    I've never heard of bikeray, sorry.

    Can you actually provide a photographic teardown of both your light and the "fake" ?

    The ones I just found on ebay look pretty good ;-)
    Hello MrLee;
    The one on ebay its from us. We just listed so people can see and go to our website.
    It is normal that you haven't heard much about us. In fact, we are about a year old on bicycle lighting. And start marketing in US since last October. But we spent more than 1/2 year to make right modifications, R&D, testings, etc...

    I am not sure who you are and why you are asking me this question,,,to teardown....

    I am not going to do what you are asking on our lights, just to please you. the 'Fake one" we found was from Orlando, and GA area. bikeshop and our rep there actually saw and touched the unit that a customer walked in with.

    We asked where he got the unit from, he only revealed to us from such Fleamart..... where we did find the seller but we didn't do anything yet, until we can get all legal issue to been taken care of first.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

  25. #25
    help with the zip please
    Reputation: emu26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,820
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLee
    I've never heard of bikeray, sorry.

    Can you actually provide a photographic teardown of both your light and the "fake" ?

    The ones I just found on ebay look pretty good ;-)
    Be carefull Mr Lee, they are probably copies of the counterfeit Bikeray lights.


    Quote Originally Posted by znomit
    Is he your real brother or a fake poor quality brotherfromanothermother?
    No, he's a knockoff of the original

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •