mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Exposure Quick Release Bracket

So tonight I did some adjustments on our Exposure MaXx D quick release bracket mount. My girlfriend likes hers so the light is under the handlebars. I kind of like mine over the handlebars. Although the cleaner bar area is kind of nice with the under bar position. I just don't like how some of the brake lines are in the view of the light. But I may change my mind. How are others positioning theirs?

mtbr member
    I've found that on top is the only way that will work with me. Race plates will block the light.

Cumbria, England.
    Hi, The higher you can position the light the better. You'll be able to see more of the trail. Shadows on trail obstacles will be smaller with light coming down on top of them, instead of the light shining on the front of them.

GeoMan
    Quote Originally Posted by D45yth
    Hi, The higher you can position the light the better. You'll be able to see more of the trail. Shadows on trail obstacles will be smaller with light coming down on top of them, instead of the light shining on the front of them.
    Zactly.

Resist, I don't find the brakelines to be too much of a distraction. Give it a try.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I tried it already, that is the reason I said in my post I didn't like how the lines are in view of the light. The reflection off them bothers me.