mtbr member

Exposure MaxxD brief review

i did my first ride tonite with my new MaxxD, overall very impressed. i have owned nightrider HID system and also own a L&M Stella.

brief thoughts:
    -the mount is much better in person than it looks on the internet or in photos. well made, strong, and minimal vibration/bounce.

-beam plenty wide and very bright

-color is soft white

- excellent beam pattern and plenty bright tho the claimed 920 lumens seems to be a stretch.

- one drawback is that its a little more intensive to change mount position than with some other lights. only means that you need to dial it in at home before you ride or stop on trail and fish out a 4mm allen to loosen the bolt.

- superior construction to both the niterider HID and L&M stella

- i love not having a cable and battery pack!

one ride in i am very happy with the MaxxD. a very enthusiastic thumbs up

mtbr member
    Nice write up.

I agree with you about the mount as I use it on my DIY lights and yes it grips the bars like grazy.
    what I have done is put some silicon grease on the bar under the mount and only tighten the bolt slightly with a bit of loctite to keep it that way, even after that I can only just move it while riding.

Also saves the light if you crash as it can spin round the bar rather than snap.

mtbr member
    nice suggestion, thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I will also have to try that suggestion. But will it hold up to mountain biking without moving around on the trails?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resist
    I will also have to try that suggestion. But will it hold up to mountain biking without moving around on the trails?
    I have no problem with it holding on the rough, results may depend on what size bar you have.

I have 31.8mm but use the thin rubber bits that came with the mount, just a very thin smear of silicon grease but loctite on the bolt is a must as it won't be done up very tight.

I wouldn't recoment the silicon grease on a carbon bar though.