Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    I just bought this: Amazon.com: 4 Mode 1200 Lumen CREE XML T6 Bulb LED Bicycle bike HeadLight Lamp Flashlight Light Headlamp: Sports & Outdoors
    and the battery won't charge. I haven't tried taking it apart. Suggestions? Returning sounds like a real pain. The light works well on my Geoman battery. Sounds like getting an individual charger would be good, do they have one that will do 4 at a time? Then I need to get a cell holder from ????

BTW, I am bought one since my MS 900 was acting real flaky (if I pushed the button even once after turning it on then it just quit and wouldn't turn on unless I plugged the battery into the charger for a few seconds. Seems like a battery AND a light issue. Eventually I could push the button on the light as much as I wanted, but always had a low output. The light takes a spanner to open it up, any tricks to open one up?
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

mtbr member
    I just bought this light. It charged fine. It's bright as hell! But, this battery issue now has me worried. I know next to nothing about batteries (READ: I'm not going to build my own). Can I use another battery? Would the battery from my Dinotte 400 work?
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride are usually slow.
    Roadies who don't mountain bike are usually d***s.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Any li ion battery can pop.
    You have them in your phone, laptop, power tools....the list goes on.
    If you're really that worried about the battery....you bought the wrong product.
    And you might want to invest in a tin foil hat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    I just bought this light. It charged fine. It's bright as hell! But, this battery issue now has me worried. I know next to nothing about batteries (READ: I'm not going to build my own). Can I use another battery? Would the battery from my Dinotte 400 work?
    Yes and most likely. Depends on the plug of the lamp. With some lamps the DiNotte plug will be a bit loose. Some electrical tape can help keep it in place if it is too loose.

If your battery works fine at the moment you shouldn't be too worried. Just be careful and charge it in a safe fire-proof container. Explosive batteries are a rare thing. No technology is perfect. Things sometimes fail. If you think you might want a better battery check the list I started over on "The Battery Thread".

willtsmith_nwi

So true

Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    One thing I want to add to this, Never charge a Li-ion pack when the pack is below 30F. Doing so can cause shorts to develop in the pack. When you come in after that winter ride bring the pack inside and give it some time to warm up before plugging it in.
    So true. I have Dewalt and Milwaukee 12V LI-ON tools. Both chargers monitor battery temperature and will warm the battery before they start a charge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3