mtbr member

Experience with eZone Intelligent Switch MS Clone?

A buddy just had a bday and was looking at picking up some lights for him.

Has anyone used one of these:
    eZone Intelligent Switch 3/5 mode 1200 Lumen CREE XML T6 Multifunctional LED Bicycle HeadLight : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

Looks nice with the low battery warning programming, one of my main gripes on my super cheap MS clone.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I don't have experience with that lamp or that seller.

There are a ton of single emitter "clone" lights out there on Ebay. Some are good, but a lot are junk.

Just a couple of points on the specs for the light you listed.
    • The lamp is a T6 brightness bin. It does not mention which generation of chip is used. A T6 of a current XM-L2 is bright and a good choice (though there are better). At this price point it is likely an older XM-L. Dimmer and/or more power hungery that a XM-L U2 or U3 bin.
    • The driver board is obviously one from a flashlight. SOS is not something you'd see on a bike light
    • The batteries on almost all these cheep cloan Ebay lights have their capacities overated. The cells are of unknown quality and origin. Some have even found used/reclaimed laptop cells in these packs.
    • A quality 4400 battery costs more than $25. So the whole light and battery for $25 is a little low
    • With that low a price for the whole kit there are probably quality control issues.
    • Some Ebay sellers don't provide any customer service or guarantee if things go wrong

I'd say you're better to step up to someting in the $40+ range that other members here have tried. Look around on some of the recent threads

I've been very happy with the SolorStorm X2. Cat likes his D99. We're still testing out the quality of lights in this price point.

At the $70 to $125+ price point you can find third tier name brand lights from suppliers who regularly participate here. They are known for their service, and standing behind their products.

Decide what's in your budget, and pick from the lights recomended by people on here. With Ebay - yous pays yous money, and yous take yous chances. Might be a winner & might be a dud.

We always reccomend you cary a backup of some sort, in case the inexpesive bright light dies out on the trail. You need someting to get you back home. I always keep someting AA powered in the pack.