mtbr member

Does anyone have the Niterider Pro 1800?

I'm nearly ready to pulll the trigger on a nice bar mounted light. There's been so little talk about this light on the forums, so I just want to know if it is comparable to a light like the Baja Designs Double Stryk, which I'm currently leaning towards. If you know anything about the Niterider light, just describe the battery life, durability of the light head, beam pattern, and battery quality for me. Any information on this light would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Will someday be living in Alaska with 2 pooches

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    There's a thread just over half way down the home page of Lights and night riding forum about the Nightrider Pro 1800 vs, the Baja Double Striker. Hope that help. Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Thank you

mtbr member
    I'm sorry indebt, but I have looked all over the lights and night riding forum and cannot find any page related to what you just described. A link to the page would be much appreciated

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I just double checked and It's the sixth thread from the bottom of the Lights and Night Riding main page. Sorry as well as i'm brutal with computer knowledge and don't know how to do the basics such as cut n past links and photos etc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    You may have already found it or decided by now, but here is that thread:

Niterider 1800 vs Baja Designs DBL Strykr

mtbr member
    thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I just purchased a NiteRider 1800. I own a NiteRider Classic (12 volt) and Digital Head Trip (6 Volt) both Halogen lights and am very happy with them except NiteRider no longer sells batteries for the Digital Head Trip. They recommended I send it to Batteries Plus to rebuild, which I did and the new battery only powers the light for about 75 minutes and not the 90 minutes when new.
    So, I decided to go for the 1800 and it is, hands down, far superior to the Classic and/or the Head Trip. Now I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and go for the 3600, too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I purchased NR Pro 1800 4 months ago. It has been an excellent light. My riding partners said to go with the Chinese lights. Cheaper was better was their rational.
    I went with Nite Rider because they service their product. So here's my problem, my Golden Reteiver broke into my bag and selected the 1800 as his favorite chew toy. I can't blame NR for the failure. My dog chewed the cord off a $ 300 light. Most of the time he is a great pooch, this time he really screwed up. Back to NR, I shipped my light , they rebuilt the cord and shipped it back. Their charge $ 21.00

Nite Rider did me great. If customer serviceis important to you, you can't beat this company. They built a high performing light and backed it up, still want to buy that cheap Chinese light? Not me.

I'm square in Nite Riders Camp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    There lies the difference btw the brands that have been around for awhile and those ebay copy lights, customer service. Will always pay a little more for the customer service they provide