Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Does anyone have this light?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JAvendan 
#1 ·
Blackburn Flea 2.0 USB/Solar Rear Taillight I looked using the search function and didn't find any reviews so I thought I'd ask. I already ordered it, so if no one replies I'll do one after living with it for 6 months. My main concern is are the batteries replaceable. Also I hope it's BRIGHT!

#2 ·
I've looked at the Blackburn Flea's in the stores and they look like nice lights. Not as bright as some others but certainly bright enough to get you seen. I like the fact that they are compact. One of these would work well on back of a helmet. I would of bought one but I already have enough rear lights at the moment.

Interesting that they are offer this now with a solar charger. To me that almost makes this worth buying just to get the solar charger which would undoubtedly work with other USB charged devices as well ( as long as the plug matches ).

As far as the self-contained battery goes I wouldn't worry about that so much. Buy it from REI and you get a lifetime guarantee, no questions asked. As for the solar charger, basically just a gimmick selling point. No one would really want to use a solar charger to charge something because it takes so long. Now if a solar event knocks out the world wide electrical grid you'll still be able to charge your blinkie....although if such a thing really happened, it would be the least of your worries. ;)

#3 ·
Thanks my Two Wheeled Brother. I wished I'd know about the REI guarantee before I pulled the online switch. I bought it (along with, imo a really nice rack bag made by Topeak) from a company called Outside Outfitters. The price on the bag was the best I could find. Thanks for the reply C-M-D.

#4 ·
UPDATE: The light was back ordered, SO I ordered the newer one. No solar charger (which I probably would never use) but supposed to be the brightest rear light they have. Waiting for the U.P.S. driver to ring the bell as I type this. Does anyone out there have the "New" rear safety light yet? I tried to post a link but the www.blackburndesign.com says it's down.

#6 ·
i bought the 'regular' one a few weeks ago, without the solar charger.

i do not know if i have the 'newer' one.

BUT, the one i do have is great!!!

small, compact and plenty bright for what i believe i need :)

i have it installed using the supplied velcro thingy wrapped around my seat post.

i actually think i want to try and mount it to my helmet.

unfortunately, i bought it at the trek store where i bought my bike, i try to get something from that store at least once a month or so, and paid full retail.

other than that... i like it is small, fairly bright and rechargeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.