mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Do they make a y battery cable with a usb port?

Anyone know of they make a y cable that has both the light plug on one of the cables, and a usb plug on the other? I often have tons of battery left after a ride, but often my radio will poop out... Answer--plug the usb for the radio in and onward we go

I'm running a gloworm x2 , so i think its a standard type connection..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    Anyone know of they make a y cable that has both the light plug on one of the cables, and a usb plug on the other? I often have tons of battery left after a ride, but often my radio will poop out... Answer--plug the usb for the radio in and onward we go

I'm running a gloworm x2 , so i think its a standard type connection..
    Xeccon Light will be coming out with this by the end of the year. For now, this is my DIY prototype which we have been selling but not in websites. Due to patent & copyright, we have to censor the USB charger but you will see it works. Works on almost all USB charged devices including GoPro and anything you can think of. Example show is an iPhone.

Right now I am able to charge the Samsung Galaxy with LCD screen on the whole time, GPS on using Real Time GPS tracker and Strava, plus have music while riding. The charge rate is 15% per hour with all the above on using a 5V 1A charger. We can improve charging speed using a 2A charger.

Self contained light charging may be an issue as mentioned by Cat. Some require the device on standby/not in use, while charging.

Leonard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do they make a y battery cable with a usb port?-portable-iphone-li-ion-charging.jpg  

Last edited by mtbRevolution; 11-25-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: typos
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    Xeccon Light will be coming out with this by the end of the year. For now, this is my DIY prototype which we have been selling but not in websites. Due to patent & copyright, we have to censor the USB charger but you will see it works. Works on almost all USB charged devices including GoPro and anything you can think of. Example show is an iPhone.

Right now I am able to charge the Samsung Galaxy with LCD screen on the whole time, GPS on using Real Time GPS tracker and Strava, plus have music while riding. The charge rate is 15% per hour with all the above on using a 5V 1A charger. We can improve charging speed using a 2A charger.

Self contained light charging may be an issue as mentioned by Cat. Some require the device on standby/not in use, while charging.

Leonard
    I have to agree, this would be a nice accessory to have. The "Y" cable would be nice but also nice just to have it as a single plug in wire for when you don't need a light.

Of course like I said before ( as you mentioned ) anyone owning a self-contained bike light with a USB plug will have to check with the manufacturer to see if the lamp can be operated while charging. Hopefully in the future lamps that have USB charging will operate the same way as most smart phones.