mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Good job! Dinotte Customer Service

Just wanted to express my complete satisfaction with Dinotte Lighting and their customer service. Before Christmas I purchased the 400L for off road trail riding. The 400L was going to be mounted on my handlebars, with a Nite Rider MiNewt Mini on my helmet.

After my first night ride I was hooked but realized I wanted more light. When I originally bought my 400L they had a package deal offering the 400L with an 800L for $449.00 with free shipping. Since it was right before Christmas I did not have the money for both lights so I just got the 400L for $209.00. Now, wanting more light I went back to Dinotte. The price for the 800L alone is now $439.00 so I looked at getting another 400L. I e-mailed customer service and explained what I wanted. I quickly got a return e-mail from Rob (this is at 5pm on Friday) who said he would sell me the 800L for $270.00 to match their current special going on. At 5:30 I closed the deal and figured my light would arrive sometime this week.

The next day, Saturday, I got a phone call from my wife wanting to know if I had ordered another light (did I forget to tell you about that???) because USPS had just delivered an Express package from Dinotte Lighting.

Sorry for the long post but I to often we hear nothing but bad about on-line companies. This time I have nothing but good thiings to say about a quality company with great customer service.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    great 60 day return policy and next day shipping on warrenty repair w/o ever getting your broken one first. (niterider require that I call to get RMA and sent it in, then wait 3 weeks to get the light back). what else can you ask for from Dinotte?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yet another example of excellent customer service. The list goes on and on... This goes to show there is more to a bike light then just lumens.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yes, Dinotte are great for the CS. This posts reminded me that I need to send back a charger to Dinotte. I have a 600/200 combo that is just over a year old. I wanted to pick up a little more light for the helmet so I got a 400 without the charger or batteries.

In talking with Rob he checked when my original set was purchased and indicated that I should be using an updated charger. He indicated the new charger was easier on the batteries. He sent the updated charger along with my new 400l at no extra cost and simply asked me to return the old one at my convenience. The order was of course received very quickly as we have come to expect with Dinotte.

I totally forgot to send the old one back after XMAS. Will need to get that done now to hold up my end of the deal.

BTW, the 400 is great for the helmet, packs more punch than the 200L but not that much less than the 600L. The 400 is also feather light on the helmet. Put the 600 on the bars and let er' rip.

mtbr member
    May 2005

yet another one

Another positive experience. I had a couple of batteries die on me for no apparent reason. Talked to Rob a bit by e-mail ( he was answering e-mail after 9 PST) and he had me send in my 200, 600 and 5 batteries and charger to be checked out. Got it all back with 2 new batteries, free of charge in 4 days, coast to coast. That is amazing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Same experience too

Ordered the 800/400 combo on a Fri eve.

Got an e-mail Sat AM, shipped w/ a tracking #.

Arrived Tue.

By the way, works perfect, run times better than advertised, plenty of light, high quality. And a good price too!!

MB

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Great customer service

I have had great luck with Rob and JP. They have answered my deluge of questions, and usually within a couple of hours. I purchased the 800L/400L in November then an extra battery and charger just after Christmas, and both deliveries were very quick. The lights and batteries have performed flawlessly.

John B.

I like Monkeys
    DogPile!!!

I bought a 200 on sale and then decided I wanted a 200 dual. Rob gave the second 200L at the sale price and it was here in a couple of days. Great quality product and top notch service. If I buy a complete light again it will most likely be a dinotte.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rideitall
    Yes, Dinotte are great for the CS. This posts reminded me that I need to send back a charger to Dinotte. I have a 600/200 combo that is just over a year old. I wanted to pick up a little more light for the helmet so I got a 400 without the charger or batteries.

In talking with Rob he checked when my original set was purchased and indicated that I should be using an updated charger. He indicated the new charger was easier on the batteries. He sent the updated charger along with my new 400l at no extra cost and simply asked me to return the old one at my convenience. The order was of course received very quickly as we have come to expect with Dinotte.

I totally forgot to send the old one back after XMAS. Will need to get that done now to hold up my end of the deal.

BTW, the 400 is great for the helmet, packs more punch than the 200L but not that much less than the 600L. The 400 is also feather light on the helmet. Put the 600 on the bars and let er' rip.
    Hey, since you've gone from the 200L to the 400L - does the 400L have more *punch* than the 200L? What I mean is, does the 400L light *farther* down the road than the 200L, or is it just a wider beam?

I'm asking because when I went from a 200L to a 600L on the handlebars, my biggest disappointment was that although the 600L put out more light, it didn't seem to put out light any *farther* than my 200L. It lit up more of the road to the sides, and the area it lit up was brighter, but the beam didn't seem to go any farther down the road which is what I needed. I ended up keeping it because I got light far enough down the road when combined with a 200L headlamp, but I'm curious about the 400L...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRivers
    Hey, since you've gone from the 200L to the 400L - does the 400L have more *punch* than the 200L? What I mean is, does the 400L light *farther* down the road than the 200L, or is it just a wider beam?

I'm asking because when I went from a 200L to a 600L on the handlebars, my biggest disappointment was that although the 600L put out more light, it didn't seem to put out light any *farther* than my 200L. It lit up more of the road to the sides, and the area it lit up was brighter, but the beam didn't seem to go any farther down the road which is what I needed. I ended up keeping it because I got light far enough down the road when combined with a 200L headlamp, but I'm curious about the 400L...
    Hard to say as I haven't tested side by side and the weather has been super foggy. The couple of rides I have been on have involved experiementing on swing between high/med/low depending on the amount of fog.

The past couple of rides involved running the 600 on the bars and the 400 on the helmet, great combo. I run the 600 aimed low to med distance and then set the 400 on med to far. That seems to get the best coverage in terms of light. If I remember correctly in the light shootout test the 400 was pretty much double the 200 in terms of lux, but the 400 was only slightly lower than the 600. The 800 was pretty much double the 400. So it seems that Dinotte must be using something a little different to get the 400 as close to the 600l as it does.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I bought a 600L in Jan 2008 and return after about 50 days. I tested both the regular 600L and wide 600L with same lux reading off my meter. when I tested the 400L with regular lens in December 2008, it's the same lux reading as the 600L reading. I assume Dinotte is using new bin LED to get brighter output. but the 800L was double the 400L in reading. my lux meter testing for your info. keeping my 800L for raining day rides and it works great for helmet mount and handlebar mount.