Wanderer

Dinotte 600L Handlebar Mount Options?

I have one of their new lights for my helmet and LOVE the new mount. The 600L has been downgraded to handlebar only as the new one is so much better.

However I hate the 600L Handlebar mount so much that I rarely use it

Has anyone rigged a nice easy handlebar mount for the 600L? I'm sure it will be a bit DIY and I am not at all opposed to that. I just wanted to check in and see what was done already before I start looking around at options that may or may not work well.

Being able to get it on some type of o-ring mount would be my preference.

Thanks
    Last edited by Toff; 12-06-2012 at 08:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    I have one of their new lights for my helmet and LOVE the new mount. The 600L has been downgraded to handlebar only as the new one is so much better.

However I hate the 600L Handlebar mount so much that I rarely use it

Has anyone rigged a nice easy handlebar mount for the 600L? I'm sure it will be a bit DIY and I am not at all opposed to that. I just wanted to check in and see what was done already before I start looking around at options that may or may not work well.

Being able to get it on some type of o-ring mount would be my preference.

Thanks
    As I read this I can't help but smile. That's because I know exactly what you're talking about. It used to be that I absolutely loved the Dinotte handlebar mount. It was quick release and would tilt and swivel allowing you to position the beam exactly where you wanted it. However when the O-ring stuff came out it became apparent that the Dinotte mount made the lamp sit really high on the bars. The O-ring mounts, while not as functional were lighter and made the lamp sit closer to the bars making the set-up less obtrusive. ( This is probably why Dinotte chose to switch to a lower profile style mount for later versions of their lamps. )

I tried to remove the mount from the lamp once but the screw that holds the U-clamp to the lamp body would not come off and ended up stripping. All things considered, I wouldn't let the appearance of the lamp stop you from using it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've had the 600L and its mount was far better IMO than their subsequent rubber-strap ones. The strap models slip. And they slip worst when it matters the most, it's like a scientific law. I think the strap and O-ring mounts are intended to accomodate wing bars on road bikes.

But if you want a ready substitute, consider bolting your 600L onto a NiteRider Pro mount, the one used on the Pro 3600 and many prior models. My DiNotte 1200+ is currently bolted onto a NiteRider mount, works great (if you don't mind it sitting up above the bar a bit). Removal takes a few moments with the thumbwheel. Slippage is a non-issue.

Wanderer
    Thanks for the tips/options. I will consider which way to go.