Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cue003 View Post
    Turn this puppy into a kick starter project and let's get production ramped into high gear.
    X2. Lol

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I've subscribed to this forum just exclusively to say this, YES, make a Kickstarter project for the 80/1000 lumen with a cheaper price than the Dinotte Daytime Red, I guarantee you that you'll sell at least a 1'000 pieces in less than one month

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by purifier82 View Post
    I've subscribed to this forum just exclusively to say this, YES, make a Kickstarter project for the 80/1000 lumen with a cheaper price than the Dinotte Daytime Red, I guarantee you that you'll sell at least a 1'000 pieces in less than one month
    Daytime Red is $259 complete with 4 cell battery, charger, mounting hardware with quick release mechanism and shipping. Gloworm X2 is a comparable light in terms of the type of housing that it uses and the size of battery and it costs $260 which is exactly the same. I don't see the reason why DS-500 should be cheaper than those two if it is also sold as a complete system ( as opposed to just a light head ).

Red Zone 8 is a far more mainstream light which can be used by anybody from skaters to roller skaters to joggers to bikers to people walking their dog etc and it still costs $150.

DS-500 is really targeted mostly at recumbent bicycles which really need that kind of power ( because nobody sees them ) and a few cyclists who want daytime visibility. as such it is a niche product and a higher price is to be expected.

just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely didn't want to cheapen the product quality of Stephen's tech marvel, I only wished that with a kickstarter style campaign (in a few words, receiveng a couple hundred thousand dollars upfront from the backers, to buy/loan machines and pay workers) he could produce them as an almost industrial level, so for something like 1/10 of the time and the component price

Ps:I wanted to buy a ds-500 a few months ago, but they're never in stock...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10