mtbr member

Deal Extreme Shipping Time

I ordered some 18650 batteries and charger from Dealextreme.com on 11/23. My new flashlights have arrived and now I am wondering if i will ever have batteries for them?

I "tracked" my shipment but it basically just tells me they are en route. How long should i expect to wait to receive them in Kansas.

mtbr member
    Dude I have a order I placed on the 11/11 and I still have not got it yet I think some guy posted it took 40 days to get his stuff. had i known it would take this long I would have paid more stateside just to get my stuff in a timely manner
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Yeah that is pretty nuts. They don't say it takes 40 days on their website. I don't mind saving money but it should be shared that it could take a LONG time to get your order. I wish i would have purchased domestically as well. What good is it to save $30 if i don't get the product for a month?

mtbr member
    I have a friend who has only just recieved goods that he ordered back in May but my order, also in May stil hasn't arrived and now doubt if it ever will.
    we are both in the UK.

mtbr member
    when did they say they shipped it and why did you not try to get your money back. if I dont get my order in a week from now i will be hitting paypal up for a refund that is ridiculous.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Most of the stuff on DX you can find on ebay from other sellers in Hong Kong. A lot of the time it's cheaper than DX. It's shipped much faster since they know people will complain and paypal will refund. Some stuff is only available on DX and you need lots of patience. Waiting two weeks from DX is nothing.

Rolling
    Time = money.

TVM.

Do the math.

I don't mind waiting 30 days for a $10 item with free shipping when it would be $30+shipping somewhere else five days later when it's just a tinker toy anyway.

But if you need-it-now, you need it now and shouldn't be shopping dealX. But IMO, there is no need-it-now stuff on DealX.

Dealextreme is a bunch of lying WEASELS.

I'm not surprised that they haven't changed their operation in the year since I dealt with them. After a month, I requested a refund. They refused, suggesting that I was impatient and unreasonable. I ordered the product elsewhere. I received the OTHER product, but eventually the dealextreme product arrived--about a month overdue.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    KD and BestofferBuy are faster, less choice and not much more money, but still looking at 2weeks to get things DX in good times is similar but drop to 3 - 4 weeks.

Chill and Relax it's always ( if they work ) worth it!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Time = money.

TVM.

Do the math.

I don't mind waiting 30 days for a $10 item with free shipping when it would be $30+shipping somewhere else five days later when it's just a tinker toy anyway.

But if you need-it-now, you need it now and shouldn't be shopping dealX. But IMO, there is no need-it-now stuff on DealX.
    +1.. What lidarman said, and may I add, "Would someone please show me WHERE ON THIS FORUM has ANYONE posted claiming to get stuff from D/X within two weeks"? PLEASE! The cut-rate price comes at a price, namely...a BIG delay in shipping. If you can't deal with it I suggest buying off of e-bay or another vendor. I'm not defending D/X, I'm only saying "They are who we know they are".

Quote Originally Posted by yetibetty
    I have a friend who has only just recieved goods that he ordered back in May but my order, also in May stil hasn't arrived and now doubt if it ever will.
    we are both in the UK.
    If you ordered in May than obviously something went wrong with the order ( or someone in the postal relay nabbed your order ) FWIW, I've received packages that had been tampered with. It can happen. In your case ( in retrospect ) it might have been better to have reordered after 6 weeks and cancel the original order. Ordering with Paypal makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkly
    I ordered some 18650 batteries and charger from Dealextreme.com on 11/23. My new flashlights have arrived and now I am wondering if i will ever have batteries for them?

I "tracked" my shipment but it basically just tells me they are en route. How long should i expect to wait to receive them in Kansas.
    ...Now close your eyes...click your heels three times and say, " D/X, I want my batteries now...D/X, I want my batteries now"... Sorry, I just couldn't help myself with that but seriously, batteries from D/X get delayed a lot. Hopefully you should have them by Christmas BUT....If you are really counting on using the flashlights by Christmas I would order some 18650's from either All-Battery or BatterySpace.., just to be sure. I recommend the Tenergy cells I linked from All Battery, very well rated. FedEx should have no problem getting you your batteries from Ca. by Christmas...as long as the Wicked Witch of the West doesn't interfere.. ( yeah, I know I'm a smart a**, sometimes I can't help it. )

mtbr member
    I was finally able to track my order. It says: "arrival at transit office of exchange ." Not sure what that means but I know it isn't here.

Dirt Deviant
    It's probably gonna be a week, more likely 2 before it hits US soil.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

Its got what plants crave
    What's with all the people lately that are blown away by DX having slow shipping? If you need it on ANY sort of time frame, order somewhere else. You're shipping it across the globe and it has to pass through customs too, it takes some time. It's cheap, shipping is virtually free, and it's a busy time of year. Most of the time the stuff I order from there is a luxury item and not something I require quickly, and cheaply, otherwise I'd buy from closer to home.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Placed an order recently and had it in 10 business days...never had a problem with DX.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

At Work
    They do not stock anyhting, they have to order your order, then get it packaged and then ship out. That phase can take for ever. I ordered some LED's last year, 6 months later I finally got them. Communication with them is indirect at best. From the time it actually ships is pretty damn fast. Like about 4 days total.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)