mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Cygoltes???? NOO.B needs help

looking at a tridenx system(600L) for the bars and a mitycross(400L) system for the helmet.... any suggestions to this setup... ill be looking at around $500 for a complete lighting system. im new to the lighting game so i want a good setup without going DIY... i dont know enough about that or any people that mess with that stuff . im just lookin for a good setup i can run to pt out a decent amount of light....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I run a milion and a tridenxled li-ion and have nothing bad to say about them. A good setup, bright and good run times. I love the idea or interchangeable batteries on the Milion. I would buy again. Had for almost a year and over 10plus night rides on them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I had the TridenX Extra myself and loved it.Very good light,pretty bright and very reliable.A buddy of mine just purchased the new CygoLight Sentauri 1000, and Mity Cross 400.You should be able to fit that combo in your $500 budget and is well worth the extra $50 to upgrade from the 600 to the 1000 for your bars.Cheers!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i was lookin at that centauri 1000 too. i found a couple places listing them for $400 or a little less.... i really like the idea of the stem-mount batteries. simple setup for the bars and the helmet... ill have to look at the battery pack on that centari.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I remember seeing the Centauri 1000 for $349/$369 USD a while back.I'll do some checking around and see if i can find a good price for you to look at yourself.It's available up here in Canada as low as $375 CAN $$,so would expect some better prices in the US.Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi digglesworth, not sure if your a fan of Ebay,but i found a few listings of the Centauri 1000 the cheapest listed at $325 another at $359. Heres the info if you like on the cheaper one.Email, ben@velomine.com, Item # is 250772280585.Cheers!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i did see those on ebay... and i saw the centauri on bikebling.com for $350usd... thanks for the heads up. i appreciate the insight.

mtbr member
    Hey Digglesworth, we ran a special at the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo last week for a Baja Designs Strykr bar light and a helmet mounted Strykr Pro (700 lumens each - 52/43 Lux) for $440 total. I also mount my Strykr's battery on the stem, even with my short downhill-ish stem, so that is do-able.

Anyway, if that sounds like something might like to do email me at Shannon@BajaDesigns.com, and let me know if you have any questions. I think we can keep you within your budget easily, even with shipping to Canada.

Shannon