mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm Cree lights beware of chinese rubbish on ebay!

Guys it was time for me to replace the old bikelight with a new unit, so i did a bit of research and decided to try a cree led light. I purchased through ebay and naturally it came from china, well i got it and put it on the bike switched it on and whammo. Bright light. Anyhow got up early a couple of days later to go for a ride and plugged in the light battery and it was flat, soi thought well i just plug in and charge up. Welli plugged it in but the charger was not working. This really pissed me as i had been waiting 3 weeks to get the light and now that i wanted to go riding i couldnt.

so i escalate to a claim through good old pay pal, well eventually they decide to. Refund me, but guess what the postage to return cost more than the item.
    lucky for me the seller did eventually send a replacement charger and now there is light at the end of the tunnel
    Last edited by iitsmint; 09-17-2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Issues resolved

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I bought my 3 x XM-L from the same seller almost a year ago, and it has worked flawlessly.
    Itīs often a hit and miss when you buy a cheap chinese clone light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity123 View Post
    I bought my 3 x XM-L from the same seller almost a year ago, and it has worked flawlessly.
    Itīs often a hit and miss when you buy a cheap chinese clone light.
    What he said. ^^^

There are a lot of issues with your story too.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by iitsmint View Post
    so i did a bit of research and decided to try a cree led light. I purchased through ebay and naturally it came from china,
    So you did research on cheapo Chinese lights, then.... You roll the dice and lose the gamble on price vs quality vs reputable seller. Now you're upset and asking what to do?
    Last edited by Vancbiker; 09-16-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: fixed spelling

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iitsmint View Post
    .... So what to do? Suck up the loss and inform everyone to be careful of purchasing from this guy in china, cause he isonly interested in your money and thats all? Heres the name Again brotherhuang1983
    ...so you opened an account with MTBR just to tell us to beware. Thanks, that was nice of you. The thing is there are thousands of sellers selling cheap lights/batteries on e-smay that are shipped from China and we already know about the quality issues. Next time you might want to ask others BEFORE you buy if they think you are making an informed purchase.

In the mean time you did the right thing and will be getting your money back. This doesn't mean that everyone that ships from China is shipping junk. You got unlucky. At least 90% of the time you will get what you pay for, ...ie...a cheap light that works.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    You came here to tell us that you're an uninformed buyer?
    Buy a new charger for $5 and go riding.