mtbr member

Cool Bar Mount for Magicshine/Gemini/Others

I was looking for just a light at ActionLED and found this cool mount. It's always annoyed me that my MJ-872 casts shadows because of cables and/or front fender so I'm hoping to use this to get the light up and out of the way. Plus I can throw another MJ808 on the bar just for kicks.

They also make a smaller single light mount. Only time will tell if it totally self destructs on the first crash. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for an aluminum version.

Last edited by TwoHeadsBrewing; 09-24-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    That looks pretty good. Let us know if the mounting solid with no bouncing or movement when you have the weight of lights on it and you are going over bumpy stuff.

mtbr member
    Definitely will do. I think I'll mount it a bit lower than what is shown. If possible I'd like the lights NOT to be the first thing that hits in a OTB event.

just a Newbie
    Looks good to me. I just ordered two. Been using Topeak bar extender. Does the job OK but the looks is not too pleasing, hopefully this will look better on my bar. Thanks for the post.

mtbr member
    Here it is all mounted up with just the MJ-827 installed. For being just glass filled nylon, it seems good and sturdy. And while it grips the bars well, it seems like it will move in the event of a crash. Hopefully preventing the bracket from breaking or damaging the light.

mtbr member
    Been using the shorter version of the extender, works great with my older podshifters, gets in front of the cables. I have a regular MS knockoff and a MJ-827 knockoff on it.

patski

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Can you post a link on where to buy this mount?

Thank you,
    Pete

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I cant' post links but if you search for, Action LED Headlight Mount
    you will find it.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Lovespicyfood View Post
    Can you post a link on where to buy this mount?

Thank you,
    Pete

mtbr member
    action-led-lights DOT com

they have the nice "wide angle lens" for the MS/Gemini/etc

Makes for a better bar light.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I cant' post links but if you search for, Action LED Headlight Mount
    you will find it.

Pat

Black and Sticky
    Yep, these mounts are great. I have one of the single clamp versions installed on all my mtb's. They are quite sturdy. The clamp is aluminum and the horizontal piece is carbon fiber. But the carbon fiber is is so smooth that there was a tendency for my light to slip down, in other words, allowing the light to point more toward the ground. Had this problem with both Lupine Betty and MS. Wrapped a small piece of innertube around the carbon fiber bar and that was enough to keep the light from slipping. Sort of like a circular shim. Really no big deal though. These mounts are another good example of simple designs being the best. Highly recommended.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Great find

Thank for posting this up. Ordered a couple of sets of the short bars for my lights. The riser bar on my bike does not play well with mounting lights directly on the bar.

Cheers
    J

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the great info and pics too.

mtbr member
    Happy to be of service! I was pretty stoked to find something like this and for a good price. Going to take it on the first night ride this evening and I'll report back how it does on the rough stuff.

mtbr member
    BAM! Because who doesn't need 3200 lumens on the bars?

JK...never actually rode with this setup. Just put it on there for kicks, but it really would work. Think I'll have to try it sometime just to see what it's like.

Action LED Lights
    Glad you all are liking the mounts. They were a good find and have been very popular.
    If your having trouble with the lights slipping on the bar you can wrap it with some friction tape at the point were the light mounts. (also works on handlebars) If your not familiar with friction tape it is commonly sold at hardware stores or sporting goods stores and is used on the grips of tools or baseball bats. You could also use any other cloth tape like adhesive tape.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    For you guys in the frozen norf, hockey stick tape.... I use it, works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Glad you all are liking the mounts. They were a good find and have been very popular.
    If your having trouble with the lights slipping on the bar you can wrap it with some friction tape at the point were the light mounts. (also works on handlebars) If your not familiar with friction tape it is commonly sold at hardware stores or sporting goods stores and is used on the grips of tools or baseball bats. You could also use any other cloth tape like adhesive tape.

mtbr member
    I'm looking for exact same thing, with the twin clamps, but in the UK... anyone know of anything? All i can find is http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/computer-...ack-prod19582/

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign2Rider View Post
    I'm looking for exact same thing, with the twin clamps, but in the UK... anyone know of anything? All i can find is http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/computer-...ack-prod19582/
    That's the same as our 201P mount.
    We ship world wide if you don't mind waiting.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

Type A
    Thanks. My bars seem to be quite cluttered and this looks like an elegant solution.

mtbr member
    Great solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Overhillthruthewoods View Post
    Thanks. My bars seem to be quite cluttered and this looks like an elegant solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cool Bar Mount for Magicshine/Gemini/Others-img_1259.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    That's the same as our 201P mount.
    We ship world wide if you don't mind waiting.
    Yeh I noticed, might just do that...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    cool, this is mine DIY

central light bike