mtbr member

Commercial System in tandem with Hi-Power Torch

Tonight I decided to run my MTE 2-mode P-7 Torch in tandem with my Dinotte 600L ( both bar mounted.) I've been wanting to do this for some time but for some reason just never got around to it. I also ran my Aurora 2-mode MC-E torch for helmet duties. Once again the Aurora MC-E torch continues to amaze me. This might have been one of the best $45 I've ever spent. Anyway, when I began my downhill runs I would kick the P-7 torch on for boost to compliment the Dinotte. All I can say is, "Wow"! With est. 1200lm on the bars I found I almost didn't need a helmet light....well, almost. Helmet light still comes in real handy once you start going around turns. The P-7 torch really added a different dimension giving me a much more usable spread of bar light. I now know why all the DIY'ers are busy building larger lights for the bars. Sometimes more light on the bars is a good thing. The good news is that you don't have to be a DIY'er or have bags of ca$h for commercial systems. With two P-7 torches on the bars ( one full time, one for boost ) and a MC-E (M-bin) torch on the helmet, you too can have all the light you need for just under $200..

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    With the turbo ferret battery pack you can get good runtime too.

I run a very simialr setup with two P7's on bars one off the 4 x 18650 battery pack (600L)on all the time and a second (550L) off internal battery for "boost". i also run a MCE (700L) on my helmet alongside a 3 yr old silva L1 that has about 5 hours runtime @ 80 lumens

Its great as the L1 battery goes in my pack and the head itself weight bugger all. So even on minimum, P7 and L1 i still got over 600 lumens getting one for 2000 on full.

Never had to change a battery yet with rides between 3-4 hours the norm!

I used to run a hope vision 1 (commercial) with a P7, but light output to cost was nowhere near as good as a P7 so sold it on yacf and got the second P7 as mentioned above.