Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    One product that has worked for me to prevent fogging on my glasses is clarity anti fog wipes. They are available on Amazon and other sites if you google it, i've used them for years. Highly recommended and I have no affiliation with this company.

turtles make me hot
    Wiley X | Motorcycle Climate Control - Brick

https://www.c-clearantifog.com/?gcli...FQ-f4AodGmAAgg

I use both of these to protect my eyes and not fog up. I have the glasses with dark and clear lenses.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just look down and through the top of your glasses once in a while to dry up your eyes. Works for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The "Tony Parkers" arrived a little over a week ago and I've had the opportunity to try them out in cool and warm conditions. They fit pretty well, a bit loose "out on the ends", but not bad. Cool weather riding is good as long as you keep moving; sweat around my eyes apparently fogged them up when I stopped to remove a stick from my cassette.. Tried them at 45 degrees at night, and it was very nice to see clearly. After 5 miles of hard riding, my head apparently got warm and started sweating. My skin inside the glasses began to sweat along with my brow and eventually dripped onto the inside glass, distorting my view. A cleaning on the trail helped, but I don't want to stop every few miles to clean my glasses. I had the same problem riding in warm weather, only worse. Did a 22 mile daytime ride today, from 60 to 78 degrees and I had drips inside and outside distorting the view. I eventually put them in the pack and just rode.

These are great glasses and give you a clear, undistorted 180 degree view and appear to be built well. The trick for me is keeping my sweat off the glass. Not sure how they would perform in cold temps, especially when stopped after riding for a bit. If I find a solution to the sweating problem, I'll post it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder63 View Post
    The "Tony Parkers" arrived a little over a week ago and I've had the opportunity to try them out in cool and warm conditions. They fit pretty well, a bit loose "out on the ends", but not bad. Cool weather riding is good as long as you keep moving; sweat around my eyes apparently fogged them up when I stopped to remove a stick from my cassette.. Tried them at 45 degrees at night, and it was very nice to see clearly. After 5 miles of hard riding, my head apparently got warm and started sweating. My skin inside the glasses began to sweat along with my brow and eventually dripped onto the inside glass, distorting my view. A cleaning on the trail helped, but I don't want to stop every few miles to clean my glasses. I had the same problem riding in warm weather, only worse. Did a 22 mile daytime ride today, from 60 to 78 degrees and I had drips inside and outside distorting the view. I eventually put them in the pack and just rode.

These are great glasses and give you a clear, undistorted 180 degree view and appear to be built well. The trick for me is keeping my sweat off the glass. Not sure how they would perform in cold temps, especially when stopped after riding for a bit. If I find a solution to the sweating problem, I'll post it.
    Hey Grinder,

I ride with a Nike tennis headband on first then helmet. I did this for 2 reasons. To keep the sweat off and more importantly to increase comfort since I have 2 light heads on the lid. 569 grams in total including the helmet is not that much but to bounce on rocks and stuff does make the helmet wobble a little. With the headband, I can tighten the Occipital stabilizer at the back of my helmet really tight without discomfort.

I saw a banner ad here on mtbr on a specialized band to deal with sweaty scalps not long ago. It's like a tennis headband but it's designed to get the sweat towards the back of the ears rather than just soaking it up.

Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I rock these :

Edge Eyewear SR111AR Reclus Safety Glasses, Black with Clear Anti Reflective Lens - Amazon.com

30% visible light reduction, 100% of UV, so they're also my overcast day glasses.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    Hey Grinder,

I ride with a Nike tennis headband on first then helmet. I did this for 2 reasons. To keep the sweat off and more importantly to increase comfort since I have 2 light heads on the lid. 569 grams in total including the helmet is not that much but to bounce on rocks and stuff does make the helmet wobble a little. With the headband, I can tighten the Occipital stabilizer at the back of my helmet really tight without discomfort.

I saw a banner ad here on mtbr on a specialized band to deal with sweaty scalps not long ago. It's like a tennis headband but it's designed to get the sweat towards the back of the ears rather than just soaking it up.

Leonard
    The headband that you are referencing is most likely a "halo". I use them and love em.

Ologist
    I use ski goggles like these when it is blowing hard or blowing snow. They don't fog but are over kill for most of my needs in the Matanuska Valley. I typically ride with only a pair of these. They provide great coverage for winter riding and have multiple lenses that change out in a second or two. A great deal on a new pair can be found here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2