mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Chris / Norilights is a thief

Sorry mods if you feel you have to delete this post.

6 months ago I paid for some norilights. After a few weeks I contact the seller and he apologizes and says he will send the product. I'm patient and forgiving so I figured he's just busy getting his business up and running. Several weeks later, same thing. I don't know why it didn't click that something was wrong?? Chris became more difficult to get a response from and when he did he only apologized again and promised to send the product again, even when I asked for a refund. Since the transaction went past 45 days I can not open a dispute and paypal won't do anything for me. So I am out of pocket well over $100.

Hence I am posting here to warn others of his lack of morals.

Needless to say I am just a leetle beet peesed with him.

mtbr member
    Good info to have as i decide on an upcoming purchase. Tnx for the heads up.
    " All things flow according to the whim of The Great Magnet ".

Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    I've reached the point where near 30 days, I give notice of intention to open a paypal dispute.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    off topic... but not

I would question using UV lights on a bike. you are always facing forward and down toward the UV emitters, and until they publish the safety data for the UV emissions, I would be afraid of using these rolling 'cataract creators' in the first place. at night your pupils are more open and receptive to more light than in the daytime, and you cannot see the harmful UV nor react to it. over time are norilights 100% eye safe ? what is norilights statement about UV emissions, I cannot find it anywhere.

what is the exact led and power they use? not posted.
    Ultra Violet LEDs emitting below 400nm have the potential to injure due to improper use or failure to maintain a high degree of care in the use of these products:-

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    pinkpanda - if you paid with funds that were in your Paypal account you are are stuck. If you paid with a credit card through Paypal you may be able to recover the funds from your card provider instead of directly from Paypal.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    neninja - Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't aware I could go another route, I will check it out.

127.0.0.1 - most commercially available led's nowadays are around the 450nm range getting down to 420-410 I think. The led's used in this kit are low voltage round led's. They are low power and the light is directed at the wheel anyway. You would get more uv in day to day sunlight. Clubs ,and the like, that use black lights are much more powerful.

pigmode - I'm starting to think like you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    15 months after making a purchase I finally received a package.

Couple weeks ago I got an email that looked rather generic offering for version 2 to be sent to those that did not receive their order. Of course, I opted for it and now I have some wheel lights. Just got the front done this arvo. I had to make up a special mount because of my odd shaped forks. Will do the rear tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanda3310 View Post
    15 months after making a purchase I finally received a package.

Couple weeks ago I got an email that looked rather generic offering for version 2 to be sent to those that did not receive their order. Of course, I opted for it and now I have some wheel lights. Just got the front done this arvo. I had to make up a special mount because of my odd shaped forks. Will do the rear tomorrow.

Glad it worked out for you. I found them here: Nori Lights Bicycle Wheel Illumination System

Most road/hybrid/CX bikes have rim brakes. Doesn't that interfere with the strip that mounts to the rim? I would imagine the rim brakes eventually rubbing them off or wearing the strip out. And it might affect braking ability?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    My road bike has a little bit of a deep rim so it does not interfere with brakes.