chips & bier

CatEye Triple Shot w/ Pro battery pack

I realise this might just be in the wrong forum, but since it's all stock material I hope it's worth a shot:

A couple of years ago I bought a Triple Shot through my local distributor. When the battery pack failed within a very short time, they sent me a Triple Shot Pro battery pack in stead. As a result, I've left the mess lying in my parts bin for almost a year and a half:

The Pro pack is 7.4 V supply, 4600 mAh capacity Li-ion with a single, 3-point connector for both charging and connecting to the LED unit. As such, neither my Triple Shot nor the charger I have will fit it. Does anybody know if the connectors used by CatEye are relatively standard, and could be purchased (or stripped of something else)?

Aside from the mechanical issues: is there any way to get the 7.4 V supply to work with the original Triple Shot and charger? As far as I recall the original power supply was 13.3 V, but I am a nobody when it comes to simple electronics

Thanks for any help! Cheers!
    eric

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hi Eric,
    Hope you get this some time...
    I might be able to help you, and you might be able to help me.

I've got both a triple shot and a triple shot pro. As off yesterday, *both* have dead battery packs. So:
    1) I would love to get my hands on your "spare" triple shot pro battery!
    2) I've been looking at rebuilding the older (NiMh) triple short battery pack. It was 10 x 1700mAHr originally, but from research, it seems you can get genuine 2850mAHr AA's now. I've ordered a set, should arrive within days.
    But:
    3) My old triple-shot has a broken / highly unreliable cable anyway, so would be happy to build you a triple shot battery pack, test it out, and if all good, swap it for your unused Li-Ion pack.

What do you reckon? Where are you based (I'm in Edinburgh)?