mtbr member
    Oct 2009

can I reuse cells from my gemini packs in panovo case?

Been having pretty significant power loss on all my 6 cell gemini packs. These are the s"special" 8400? Mah versions that came with the 8.7v charger

They probably have about 100 charge cycles on them and at first I thought that the loss of capacity was just cold weather related which I know it is partly but im thinking they are going out of balance. The 6 cells seem to be hit harder than all my other batteries

My question is, if I purchase these panovo holders and nitecore intellicharger can I restore them and get some more use from them?

I wasnt sure what cells they use other than that they are panasonic

Figured it may be worth a shot but I know very little about batteries nowadays

Also if this makes sense, is there an effective way of removing the spot welds

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It is better to use protected cells in pannovo since it doesn't have protection. This case would be better http://www.kaidomain.com/product/Details.S021564 - it comes with protection, but the threads for screws are easy to tear off Nitecore charger is a good choice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    It is better to use protected cells in pannovo since it doesn't have protection. This case would be better http://www.kaidomain.com/product/Details.S021564 - it comes with protection, but the threads for screws are easy to tear off Nitecore charger is a good choice.
    Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure if the panovo had some sort of pcb or not so knowing that the type that you linked seems a good alternative. I will probably leave the cells in to charge normally and only pop them out once a month or so to throw on the nitecore. As you said, the screws seem to be a weak point

Do you think the problem with my current packs is balance related? Seeing as how the 6 cells seem to be affected the most and they currently last about the same as my magicshine 4 cells, im thinking that could likely be the problem

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I can't say it for sure, you need put the pack on a balance charger with data logging for discharging to see what is happening and estimate the capacity of the pack or use another way to estimate the capacity for a single cell. There might be a cell issue, balance issue, PCB issue ... If you can take the cover of the pack away and measure voltage each cell should hold the same voltage.