~ B A D A S S ~

can I reprogram my L&M vis 180 micro?

I wonder if there is some way to program my new light and motion vis180 micro via the usb or some other way. I want to reprogram the flashing to annoying and fast at full power. I tried to find it on the compter while connected via the usb , but its not even listed as a device, looks like its only using power fron the usb.

Anyone know how I can reprogam this light to make it more visible, like high freq flashing? Do I need to crack it open or is there a possibility via the usb? I'm on linux.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Unfortunately you cannot reprogram it. What you see as far as output and button pushes is what you get. It would be nice to reprogram to different speeds or output levels.

~ B A D A S S ~
    How are these programmed from the factory? Is there a chip that is like hardwired to only allow what i have now or is it code uploaded to the device somehow?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    the only light i know that you can plug into USB port of computer and program using included software is NiteRider Pro 3600 DIY which i had last year. sweet light. returned it because it was too powerful ! blinded everybody.

i love light and motion, but their tail lights are mediocre. just return it to the store and get a dinotte 400R.

400R has a great combination of very high brightness, wide beam, good flash patterns and long run time. yes it is pricy but rest assured - nothing else comes close.

the dinotte is not a 180 degree light like Vis. it only shines BACK. but i actually PREFER it that way, because it gives me the opportunity to design a clean side-lighting solution instead of some kind of miserable side lighting that was an afterthought on a tail light.

would you rather have a single person who was your doctor and your lawyer or would you rather have 2 different people do those things ? it is better to have a good back light and good side lights than one light that does both poorly.

my very first tail light - Cateye LD1100 was such a jack-of-all-trades, master of none with both rear and side facing LEDs in one package. now i use a Dinotte tail light and dedicated side lighting and it works much better for both rear and side visibility.