Climbs = necessary evil

Buy used DiNotte XML-3 & 400L???

I was looking online and found a guy selling his "lightly used" DiNotte XML-3 & 400L two light set and he's come down to $275 (was asking a ridiculous $390). Still, buying used, I think the 50% range is more reasonable since I really don't know the usage history of the equipment.

Hi ad reads:

I bought these powerful lights from DiNotte.com a year ago for the 24 Hour of Moab Bike Race. I used these light twice for two bike races!! They are brand new with less than 40 hours of use on them. I paid $450.00 but am willing to negotiate price due to the fact they are used. Part number XML-3-400L-4C-2C. Check out the web site to learn all about these lights http://store.dinottelighting.com/din...ight-p181.aspx

What are your thoughts: Deal OR No Deal??? And additional explanations of why are appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by rogerfromco; 12-17-2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more descriptive title

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    If I were you I would buy a new one - you know all the history of this product
    imho

mtbr member
    The XML-3 and 400L+ is the combo I actually run. I'm quite happy with it. If you have the XML-3 on High though, the 400L is pretty much completely drowned out. I usually run 400L on Med and XML-3 on Low for commuting. For downhills and singletrack, I bump them each up 1 level, and put the XML-3 on High when I need every bit of light (rare).

Personally, I would probably go for it. They are very nice, well built lights with good support.
    '12 Soma Analog SS
    '10 Transition TransAM
    '07 Felt F1X
    '97 Schwinn Mesa SS
    '89 Fuji Saratoga
    '86 Fuji Club

Climbs = necessary evil
    I guess patience pays off sometimes! I checked again after Christmas and saw he dropped the price on CL down to $240 for the set, so I e-mailed him again and bumped my offer up from $200 to $225 and he accepted. The gear looks brand new (not even dirty) and came with all accessories, instructions and original box.