• 12-17-2012
    rogerfromco
    Buy used DiNotte XML-3 & 400L???
    I was looking online and found a guy selling his "lightly used" DiNotte XML-3 & 400L two light set and he's come down to $275 (was asking a ridiculous $390). Still, buying used, I think the 50% range is more reasonable since I really don't know the usage history of the equipment.

Hi ad reads:

I bought these powerful lights from DiNotte.com a year ago for the 24 Hour of Moab Bike Race. I used these light twice for two bike races!! They are brand new with less than 40 hours of use on them. I paid $450.00 but am willing to negotiate price due to the fact they are used. Part number XML-3-400L-4C-2C. Check out the web site to learn all about these lights http://store.dinottelighting.com/din...ight-p181.aspx

What are your thoughts: Deal OR No Deal??? And additional explanations of why are appreciated. Thanks.
  • 12-18-2012
    runpeterson
    If I were you I would buy a new one - you know all the history of this product
    imho
  • 12-18-2012
    Glynis27
    The XML-3 and 400L+ is the combo I actually run. I'm quite happy with it. If you have the XML-3 on High though, the 400L is pretty much completely drowned out. I usually run 400L on Med and XML-3 on Low for commuting. For downhills and singletrack, I bump them each up 1 level, and put the XML-3 on High when I need every bit of light (rare).

Personally, I would probably go for it. They are very nice, well built lights with good support.
  • 12-28-2012
    rogerfromco
    I guess patience pays off sometimes! I checked again after Christmas and saw he dropped the price on CL down to $240 for the set, so I e-mailed him again and bumped my offer up from $200 to $225 and he accepted. The gear looks brand new (not even dirty) and came with all accessories, instructions and original box. :thumbsup: