mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Idea! Bluetooth of your Phone,plays and controls your Mtigersports Light!

Hey, everyone. We (shenzhen Mtigersports) develop a new light that can be connected with your Phone.

You can control your light via phone 30 meters away !

Remote contorlled by Bluetooth , play your phone, play your Mtigersports light!

For more information, just visit our web.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Gimmick. I'm having a hard time imagining a real use for that "feature".

mtbr member
    Close but no cigar. I applaud the effort to include BT accessible switching but would be better if an actual compact BT wireless remote was included.

Anyway, I took a look at some of the Mtiger lights. Sadly there is a lack of useful information in the product descriptions . There is no mention of " product dimensions" and there is no mention of output voltage ( or connectors ) when it comes to the battery.

I also took a look at the quad XML U2 lamp which looks interesting. I have no idea what this so called, "magenet" switch is all about and how it works. Also looks like it might have a wired remote but no mention of this is given in the product description.

The OP is obviously not aware that this is of course a spam thread. I'm not going to report it because there is no link ( which was smart ) and I like the step up to BT ( even if it really isn't that useful at the moment )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The OP is obviously not aware that this is of course a spam thread. I'm not going to report it because there is no link ( which was smart ) and I like the step up to BT ( even if it really isn't that useful at the moment )
    Cat they have adds up, so only spam in the sense of all the other spam posts that fill this forum now.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Close but no cigar. I applaud the effort to include BT accessible switching but would be better if an actual compact BT wireless remote was included.

Anyway, I took a look at some of the Mtiger lights. Sadly there is a lack of useful information in the product descriptions . There is no mention of " product dimensions" and there is no mention of output voltage ( or connectors ) when it comes to the battery.

I also took a look at the quad XML U2 lamp which looks interesting. I have no idea what this so called, "magenet" switch is all about and how it works. Also looks like it might have a wired remote but no mention of this is given in the product description.

The thing in red.

Anything on my phone is of little use. Even if it was on my Garmin (like they do with their cam), it would have limited use.

A small remote switch that acts the same as the main switch on the light would be what's desired.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Spam, yummy.......with rice
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    They do advertise here so figure they have the right to start a spam thread once in a while. That said, they have no lights out yet, and you can only preorder.

They don't list prices.

They don't list when their products will be available.

There are no reviews.

They list very high lumen claims with nothing to back it up. Mtigersports only has 4 x XM-L2 lights and claim 4000 Lumens. Lupine Betty R 7 has 7 x XM-L2 claims 4500 Lumens and the 2014 light shootout says actual lumens is 4000.

Lupine Betty 7 claims which according to the info on the 2014 light shootout Lupine does not meet.

Bike- and Helmetlight Betty R 7

Lumens4500
    Runtime1h - 150h
    Weight450g
    Lighthead Betty R 4500 lumens - 45W

Lumens4500
    Illuminant7 x Cree XM-L2

Mtigersports please be honest with your claims if you want to sell your products here.

You may want to send out some lights to get reviews. Except for you throwing some money at MTBR to advertise, we know nothing about your products. You might as well be an Ebay seller that doesn't have product yet available, making crazy claims about your product.

Oh and by crazy claims I'm not talking about being able to run your light with your phone. That is just a gimmick. When would you have to turn on your light from 30 meters away?? I would never use my phone to operate my light. Give me a waterproof, durable button on the light please.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Spam, yummy.......with rice
    Sorry, my bad...I didn't know about the ad because I block all the ads on my PC. I did see it though on my phone browser.

The only application I see for the BT setup is if you mount one ( or more ) on the front of your car. This of course depends on whither the voltage requirement will allow you to hook it up to your car battery. Anyway, turning it on/off from inside the car would work. Other than that I agree with everything that ironbrewer said.

mtbr member
    S
    The only application I see for the BT setup is if you mount one ( or more ) on the front of your car.
    BT bar controller for your helmet light… or both lights for that matter.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    BT bar controller for your helmet light… or both lights for that matter.
    Yeah, for the helmet it would be great but to be practical remote control has to be mounted close where you place your hands on the bars. If you have to remove your hands from the bars to reach the phone it negates your ability to control the bike. This is only slightly different than reaching up to your helmet to change modes.

Hopefully in the future "Every" lamp will offer wireless control as an option. Sooner or later someone will make a universal Bluetooth / ANT+ remote controller capable of working with any wireless lamp. When that happens no longer will we have to reach up to fiddle with our helmet lamps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hello cat, thanks for your hones words. Our web construction engineer adds 4XML light size and battery information today. By the way, just an advertisement , not a spam.We do have disadvantages, but we will try to improve. I like hear voice that blames me . lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    thanks for your concern of shenzhen Mtigersports. Welcome to order our products if you don;t believe we have real products. We are establishing a world's products line and trying to find distributors. Oh, if you still have questiones of our lights, i can make a vedio for you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You can easily find your bike by remote controlling the light among the others. The light will automaticlly connect with your phone when it has signal from your phone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You don't need a remote switch. we have a bluethooth software that we can send to you or be downloaded from our website later when it is ready. After you have the APP in your phone, you can control the light by the software when you open it.

Good news is: we will have the First Mtigersports Shop in United States very soon at the beginning of Next Month.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Forget the bluetooth stuff and focus on the main things that are missing on cheap chinese lights

1) Great thermal management so that led's do not overheat.
    2) A great user interface, perhaps even one that is user programmable
    3) Switchable optics. Some people prefer a super narrow spot light and others want more of a flood
    4) A remote (not bluetooth) that can be plugged in or taken out. Or a very small bluetooth remote that can be placed right next to the grip. Most people do not use their $700 cell phone when mountain biking over rough terrain.
    5) A super secure mount in addition to the regular o-ring mount. This should be cheap, some manufacturers expect you to pay $30 for a cnc-machined mount. That's way too expensive. I'm thinking it should be more like $10.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks, Varider.
    1) we considered the heat problems. so that is why our mt-1600 Is designed with heat cooling looking l
    2) thanks , we will consider
    3) Our MT-1000 is with selectable light beam that gives narrow and flood beam
    4)Our MT-3000 update version is to be with remote switch on 25th. At then, remote switch on the handle bar is avaliable.
    5) Thanks for your advice, in fact, we are designing an Aluminum mount that you only need pay $5, if you like, I can show you the image of our design .

We will design and improve our products. AS WE SAY: FOUND FOR YOU. i LIKE HEAR VOICE FROM YOU. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

mtbr member
    I was never saying your company is fake, but you seem to make unreasonable claims as to how many lumens they have. I'm sure if your light was available in the US and we ordered one we would recieve one, but would it be high quality? Lupine is one of the most respected light companies out there. They claim 4500 lumens in a 7 x XM-L2 light head. The Integrating Sphere Lumen Measurements done privately by MTBR say that they only produce 4000 lumens. Your site's claim of 4000 lumens , for the mt-4000, with only a 4x XM-L2 light head seems preposterous without some independent verification. I would be happy to have another light manufacturer out there as long as they are being truthful in the advertisements.

It would also be great if you would include more information on the batteries.

Capacity
    Who produces the cells (Panasonic, samsung etc)

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I like your honest words. Frankly speaking we test our MT-4000. it is 3500+ lumens. Just as you say , even big companies do like this...... ^_^

I am to ask our web engineer to add some test information and report on the web. Generally, we give it to the wholesalers or our customers this kind of information when they need.

Ah, about the battery. Our two main battery supplier is Sumsung and BAK battery. LG for choose when customer need especially customer from Korea. lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I use a dual stream Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the 3.5 audio port and allow the use of 2 Bluetooth headsets or speakers simultaneously from one device