mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Blackburn Countdown 1600

Looks like a real nice light for the price.

https://www.blackburndesign.com/ligh...down-1600.html

because GIANT
    yup

it does
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    They should have also made it function as a usb charger ... i can't see that in the specs anywhere.

mtbr member
    $160 isn't exactly cheap. I'm not seeing any special features listed or am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk View Post
    They should have also made it function as a usb charger ... i can't see that in the specs anywhere.
    I think it does work as a USB charger, one of the photos shows two different USB ports on the back. One undoubtedly is for charging the unit the other likely for output charge.

Yep, don't know why but they aren't listing specs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk View Post
    Don't understand why this is desirable.

If I buy a light for some night riding, I want it to function at maximum brightness for about 2 hours. Using it as a USB charger only lessens the battery life.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    I think it does work as a USB charger, one of the photos shows two different USB ports on the back. One undoubtedly is for charging the unit the other likely for output charge.

Yep, don't know why but they aren't listing specs.
    Specs are there under the details tab.

And there is a link to a video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9wu...ature=youtu.be

$160 isn't exactly cheap. I'm not seeing any special features listed or am I missing something?
    $60 more than the Ravemen PR1200 with similar run times. $30 more than the now defunct Wiz20. Handlebar mount looks robust for off-road riding. Lifetime warranty from a company that has been around since 1975. Sounds like the extra $60 may be worth it...

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I guess a competing product with similar features would be the Fenix BC30R at $30 less which has a longer run time at less lumens.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...ix-bike-light/

because GIANT
    rethinking this....I just plunked down for a fenix bc30r 2017...'cuz it is cheaper and
    fenix is a legit company

(i have many fenix flashlights, they are awesome...my fav is the ld01 but I run it not on AAA, but an IMR 10440, as it can handle the higher volts just fine)
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    ....... Handlebar mount looks robust for off-road riding.
    The plastic (looks like plastic in the pictures) slide lock attached with just one screw to the light body seems questionable. I'd prefer two screws if plastic because this is a heavy light. If that piece is aluminum then it may be okay.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    rethinking this....I just plunked down for a fenix bc30r 2017...'cuz it is cheaper and
    fenix is a legit company

(i have many fenix flashlights, they are awesome...my fav is the ld01 but I run it not on AAA, but an IMR 10440, as it can handle the higher volts just fine)
    Fenix makes decent stuff (flashlights are nice, bike lights are ok). I love my LD50 flashlight. Blackburn is just as legit though. Been around for a rather long time, but are only cycling products.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for Ravemen:
    www.rakclighting.com

because GIANT
    thing of it is,

it's unclear if you can twist it side to side

while poking around thinking about it and a light format like this
    (I am happy with my own 18650's and cheap lights, but ...need more)
    I saw the fenix has left right twist ability...BOOM, say no more ordered it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    The plastic (looks like plastic in the pictures) slide lock attached with just one screw to the light body seems questionable. I'd prefer two screws if plastic because this is a heavy light. If that piece is aluminum then it may be okay.
    I believe it is aluminum.

because GIANT
    if anyone find out for sure this has x-y side adjustment please post it

because that is important stuff. some lights only aim straight and many handlebars don't have straight real estate to slap a light onto

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I believe it is aluminum.
    If it is metal then it must be die-cast. There is a prominent parting line in the picture which is evidence of molding or die-casting.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    If it is metal then it must be die-cast. There is a prominent parting line in the picture which is evidence of molding or die-casting.
    Could be. Details state this...

Off Road Mount
    Designed to be extremely steady and robust, yet sleek enough not to take up all the real estate on your handlebar. Quickly installs using aluminum thumb screw on bar sizes from 22.2 to 35mm.

mtbr member
    Don't understand why this is desirable.

If I buy a light for some night riding, I want it to function at maximum brightness for about 2 hours. Using it as a USB charger only lessens the battery life.
    LOL...neither did I till I started messing with the PR-1200. Like you I would never use this function while using the lamp...BUT.....Off the bike it can come in handy if you go somewhere and need to augment your phones' battery to get longer run time. I've been meaning to buy me a back-up phone battery-bank for a while now...Since I have the PR1200, I don't need one now. Likely I'll never use the function...but I have jury duty coming up and having the extra battery might come in handy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    LOL...neither did I till I started messing with the PR-1200. Like you I would never use this function while using the lamp...BUT.....Off the bike it can come in handy if you go somewhere and need to augment your phones' battery to get longer run time. I've been meaning to buy me a back-up phone battery-bank for a while now...Since I have the PR1200, I don't need one now. Likely I'll never use the function...but I have jury duty coming up and having the extra battery might come in handy.
    That's why I have one of these. Not only can it charge my phone it can charge my light...

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...pwrbnk8000btch

I don't think the battery pack in the lights is good for very many phone recharges.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    That's why I have one of these. Not only can it charge my phone it can charge my light...

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...pwrbnk8000btch

I don't think the battery pack in the lights is good for very many phone recharges.
    Im with you on this. Mtbing its never a concern as Im never too far from ppl, someone knows where I am, phone linked to wifes for gps tracking in case of emergency and so on. Never out completely solo for more than 1.5hrs after dark. And my phone goes on the charger on the way to the trail

I carry a 2 cell power bank in my road bike. I can understand the desire of some but in actual practice your light going dead is more dangerous than a dead cell phone. We all survived just fine prior to cell phones existing.

On my road bike I can get a good distance away from anything and ride solo a lot. Not to mention a failure that means calling for a ride home. But I need my light just as badly. Commuting is 45 minutes one way on a good day. Flashy during the day, the solid after dark. Last thing i want to worry about is light going dead half way home.

So just makes sense to have a small power bank on hand, for me anyway.

But again, I get the point behind it, just is it really worth a dead light to recharge your phone unless your hurt, cant move and dead phone? Dead light is worse than dead phone in my book.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for Ravemen:
    www.rakclighting.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I contacted Blackburn and they confirmed that the handlebar mount is also aluminum.