Class Clown

Which bikeray and rear light

Eventually I'd like to have a helmet and bar light but for now I'm getting just 1. Is the narrower bikeray I or wider bikeray II better for road commuting + some trail use?

I'm also looking for a cheapish $20-30 taillight. Any of these good?

Blackburn Mars 4.0
    Planet Bike SuperFlash (red/clear)
    Princeton Tec Swerve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dundundata
    Eventually I'd like to have a helmet and bar light but for now I'm getting just 1. Is the narrower bikeray I or wider bikeray II better for road commuting + some trail use?

Blackburn Mars 4.0
    Princeton Tec Swerve
    For the kind of money you're talking about I'd go with the BR I on the helmet. Then instead of an expensive rear light I'd buy a nice 5-mode P-7 or XM-L torch for the bars to compliment the BR I.

While not as nice or bright as the PB Superflash the D/X clone version is much cheaper and does the job for a lot less money. Besides, it's never a good idea to ride with only one light anyway

On a side note I think the BR I should work fine on the road as either a helmet or bar mounted light. On the other hand flood beam patterns work best on the bars for people who ride trails. Even so I still wouldn't ride without two lamps, one bar, one helmet mounted ( when riding trails ).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dundundata

Blackburn Mars 4.0
    Princeton Tec Swerve
    Hi,
    I can not make any comment on tail lights ,,, not yet..
    But for your need of combining its use, I recommend Ray-II. Ray-II has proven its beam quality, built quality and an average of 3.5 hrs of battery life even on 12 hr MTB race, You can use it either on bar or helmet.
    For commuting or normal street use, just keep it at low mode and you will be alright.

If you have more question, please contact us at anytime.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

www.airbornemtb.org
    i like the ray2 better than the ray1 or MS -for trails. has a better beam with bigger less obvious hot spot, but i could see how the ray1 would be good on the road as the more focused beam should have further throw.
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nick d
    i like the ray2 better than the ray1 or MS -for trails. has a better beam with bigger less obvious hot spot, but i could see how the ray1 would be good on the road as the more focused beam should have further throw.
    Thank you for your input.
    Most of Ray-I buyers are roadies or use it for helmet on MTB.
    But don't get me wrong, it is great for most of uses specially when I go for fishing~!
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights