Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bike Ray III

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Bike Ray III

I want another light for another bike...

I have seen the 3 x XPG Bike Ray III

So do I get that or another P7 MS type light?

Will the 3 x XPG be more powerful?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 9speed
    More lumens, probably. Depends on what bin they use and how hard they are driven. Better beam quality, who knows?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Check out the Light and Go thread. Good reviews from MTBR shootout. They have both XPG and P7 lights.

GeoMan
    The Bike Ray III is really nice, lightweight, has a 20 degree lens for nice flood on the bars. Triple XPG provides longer burntime on the same battery as a P7.

I want another light for another bike...

I have seen the 3 x XPG Bike Ray III

So do I get that or another P7 MS type light?

GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMAN
    The Bike Ray III is really nice, lightweight, has a 20 degree lens for nice flood on the bars. Triple XPG provides longer burntime on the same battery as a P7.
    ok, now you are being nice and helpful and I feel bad lol

GeoMan
    No worries 9speed. The Bike Ray III lighthead is 130 grams and runs really nicely on the bars with a P7 on the helmet, we have been impressed with this lighthead.

ok, now you are being nice and helpful and I feel bad lol
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    No worries 9speed. The Bike Ray III lighthead is 130 grams and runs really nicely on the bars with a P7 on the helmet, we have been impressed with this lighthead.
    well sorry I have been so stinky.. just playing devils advocate as per usual...

GeoMan
    No worries at all, everyone is entitled to voice their opinions. We understand that many folks are disappointed that this process is taking so long. We take safety very seriously and our position has always been to address issues as they arise and after investigating the battery quality issues we have opted to perform a voluntary recall for the safety of all consumers. Bottomline, it is taking longer than we wanted but it will be a quality product that will be safe and reliable.

well sorry I have been so stinky.. just playing devils advocate as per usual...
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

aha

aha
    Last edited by Ray Light 2008; 02-18-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: update

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Nice. When?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Last edited by Ray Light 2008; 02-18-2011 at 08:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I hope it doesn't look like Mickey mouse...

mtbr member
    I hope it doesn't look like Mickey mouse...
    me too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks GeoMan, we will do better for you and for all our customers!

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005

Is this a sign of things to come?

GeoMan
    Wow that looks like a 130 gram triple XP-G paired with a 5.8 Ah German made Open-Light battery, if I had to guess I think run-time on high would be just over 4 hrs 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by klydesdale
    Is this a sign of things to come?

GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Is there somewhere in the US these can be purchased? Bike Ray USA doesn't have them listed yet.

GeoMan
    What's your timeframe, do you need it tomorrow, next week or is 2-3 weeks ok?

Quote Originally Posted by joraff
    Is there somewhere in the US these can be purchased? Bike Ray USA doesn't have them listed yet.
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Run time: Boost 1280 lumens 4.4 hours

Low 600 lumens 14.4 hours

Flash 200 lumens 150hours

No kidding 14 hrs and 600 lumens about how much are you going to ask for these Geoman
    Defiantly got to get one of these
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Geoman, SINCE you asked, there's actually a 12 hr race Saturday that I'm doing but, they'll have light rentals.

Otherwise, no rush. Sounds like you're expecting some soon :P

GeoMan
    Hey Raku

We think those manufacturers numbers are a little inflated as usual, we have been testing this lightset for quite sometime. We replaced the 5.0 Ah Chinese battery pack with a 5.8 Ah German Battery Pack (4 very high capacity Panasonic cells ). Our runtime on high was right around 4.5 hours but we think the output is probably closer to 950-1000 lumens. Beam pattern with the stock 20 degree lens is wide and floody, we suggested an easily swapped out 15 degree lens to BikeRay for helmet use, they are very proactive and have a great product. Pricing is yet to be determined but is just around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    Run time: Boost 1280 lumens 4.4 hours

Low 600 lumens 14.4 hours

Flash 200 lumens 150hours

No kidding 14 hrs and 600 lumens about how much are you going to ask for these Geoman
    Defiantly got to get one of these
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

GeoMan
    Nice, the 12 hour format is excellent, especially in winter. Best of luck and I hope the weather warms up for you. We'll have these available on the site really soon, excellent for barmounting with the stock 20 degree lens.

Quote Originally Posted by joraff
    Geoman, SINCE you asked, there's actually a 12 hr race Saturday that I'm doing but, they'll have light rentals.

Otherwise, no rush. Sounds like you're expecting some soon :P
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    @Geoman, correct me if I am wrong - do you intend on carrying BikeRay lights? or were you referring to the new battery pack replacements for Magicshine lights?

@Bike ray, do you have complete stats for the IV version coming out in March 2011? Will you offer purchase options for "Light Head Only" WITHOUT battery packs?

mtbr member
    Hey Raku

We think those manufacturers numbers are a little inflated as usual, we have been testing this lightset for quite sometime. We replaced the 5.0 Ah Chinese battery pack with a 5.8 Ah German Battery Pack (4 very high capacity Panasonic cells ). Our runtime on high was right around 4.5 hours but we think the output is probably closer to 950-1000 lumens. Beam pattern with the stock 20 degree lens is wide and floody, we suggested an easily swapped out 15 degree lens to BikeRay for helmet use, they are very proactive and have a great product. Pricing is yet to be determined but is just around the corner :thumbsup:
    I can't wait to see what one of these will do with a 15 degree lens. It will still be floody but 15 degrees is better than 20. Geoman if you start selling these please make an announcement when you have them on your website.

GeoMan
    Hi Chromag, yes we have been working with BikeRay on the Ray III and Ray IV for several months. We have been testing Ray III units since late November.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw
    @Geoman, correct me if I am wrong - do you intend on carrying BikeRay lights? or were you referring to the new battery pack replacements for Magicshine lights?

@Bike ray, do you have complete stats for the IV version coming out in March 2011? Will you offer purchase options for "Light Head Only" WITHOUT battery packs?
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast