Thread: bike ray III

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

bike ray III

I just came across a UK distributor that has the bikeray III

it has 3 x Cree XPG led's and claims 1200 lumen output...

100 or about $150.. I might give it a punt instead of buying another magicshine... not that I have any issues with magicshine, apart from the charger mine has been fine..

anyone try a bikeray III or see a review of one?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Is this the guy on ebay selling them or have you found somewhere else, if so can you let me know. I just bought a magicshine MJ836 in the end but if its not that bright im going to give the bikeray III a try as the guy on ebay says he will refund if your not impressed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2391
    Is this the guy on ebay selling them or have you found somewhere else, if so can you let me know. I just bought a magicshine MJ836 in the end but if its not that bright im going to give the bikeray III a try as the guy on ebay says he will refund if your not impressed.
    Nah.. same guy on ebay.. though he seems to be a cycling and gadget enthusiast, not just a seller, which gives me some confidence. Tad expensive though.... 100..

MJ836 not that bright? holy moly!?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I haven't got the 836 yet and ive never seen a magicshine not in a photo, when i get some money ill order the bikeray and get some beamshots

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I think, since no one has replied, that I am going to give the bike ray III a punt....

3 x Cree XPG bulbs and a claimed 1200 lumen... for 100 ($155), got to be good right?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Did you buy it? I hear a IV version is coming.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I got a bikeray II for 60 and was pretty impressed will be interest to see the bikeray III, have you got any links for the IV??

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    When I went to buy it, the ebay seller had none left...

There isn't a seller in the UK now with a bike ray III, which has got the cogs turning in my head.. perhaps I should buy 60 pieces (MOQ). I am still keeping my eyes peeled and seriously considering buying 60 sets to sell on the bay and keep one for myself... also interested in the bike ray IV.. as long as it doesn't look like Mickey Mouse..

I am also interested in the sub66 or 24/7 diy P7 light.. it has a massive reflector and a D bin P7 and comes with a 6 cell battery pack that is MS compatible ... I may buy both the bike ray III and the grenade...