Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    May be time to pull the trigger on a couple if these. My old magicshine only lasted 1:45 on high last night.

How.much run time are you guys getting on high?
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    You might just want to build or buy a new battery.

The batteries in this thread look interesting.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think you pasted the wrong thread. It takes me to a thread about a shock.

I bought two of those lights before you mentioned battery and I was like "crap!" Didn't even think about replacing. Ah well. I'll probably give my.magicshine to my buddy for xmas and just keep the two lights.
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Thats weird. When I click on it it brings me to the battery thread.

Try searching

26650 battery pack

in this forum

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ah, It works on my laptop. For some reason tapatalk app on my android directs me to the random thread.

For $10 more you get a new battery, light, and mounts from the ebay link.

I would buy them if they were $15-$20.

mtbr member
    Yeah, but they should have more stored energy and last longer on a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Ah, It works on my laptop. For some reason tapatalk app on my android directs me to the random thread.

For $10 more you get a new battery, light, and mounts from the ebay link.

I would buy them if they were $15-$20.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    ah. I'll research that thread a a bit. I should look into that at a later time then.

I like rigid MTB.

I bought one of this in Ebay and shipped to my door for US$53 !!!

I bought one of this in Ebay and shipped to my door for US$53 !!! I heard nothing but excellent feedbacks so far.

3X CREE LED XM L T6 LED 4000Lm Bicycle Light Bike Lamp Headlight Headlamp R1 3T6 | eBay

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Man, I just can't bring myself to have some thing delivered from China. If its made on China, brought here, then sold to me and delivered from a US distributor, hell yea. I just don't want to order something and wait month with the chance it never gets here and I have to go through a hassle to get my money back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ok, I just just recieved my light. Totally buying a 2nd (after tomorrows test of course). It feels very well built. The body weighs less than my magicshine 808e. It's a little more of a spotlight than I wanted but i plan to order a 2nd and a wider lens. Any recommendations on a lens?

I hope to night ride with a buddy tomorrow to test duration on high.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Kikoraa, there is really only one lens to get. It's from Action LED.
    Use the lens on your bar light, and the stock lens on your helmet light.
    The combo works great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    is this the lens you are talking about?

Action-LED-Lights — Wide Angle Lens

Also has anyone tried using this smooth reflector to concentrate the beam and minimize throw?

Action-LED-Lights — XERA Spot Optic

I know there was a poster talking about it earlier but never heard feedback.
    Last edited by kikoraa; 12-20-2012 at 07:23 PM.

mtbr member
    If you're using an exact copy of MS's 808, you have other lenses too from mtbl.robs-x.com
    I have the one linked above this post from Action Led's too and it works great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    a question...
    I ordered the xera spot optic from action LED to use with the ebay light but i dont really know how to install it. Does it replace the OP refector? If thats the case its not the same size... Am i supposed to dismantle the light to find what i need to replace?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Anyone have experience with this light or any similar lights from AMAZON (I have ~$80 in gift cards)

Would Action LED's wide angle lens work with this?

Amazon.com: 3X CREE XM-L T6 LED 3800Lm LED Headlight Headlamp and Bicycle Light: Sports & Outdoors

I know it's more than $50, but this just seems to be the right place to ask.

Merendon Junkie

1200 xml t6 burn time test

This cheap light has not behaved badly at all. I filmed a burn test a few nights ago and got some impressive burn time with no noticeable dimming(it turns off in one go). I shined brightly for almost 4 hours!!!! I had to run in two parts as it was getting late and I had to go to bed. I do not trust it enough to leave it unattended. I didnt want to wake up to a house on fire. Amazon.com: 4 Mode 1200 Lumen CREE XML T6 Bulb LED Bicycle bike HeadLight Lamp Flashlight Light Headlamp: Sports & Outdoors

I also did a burn time test on my expilion 350 on "boost" mode.

Cheers
    Last edited by abelfonseca; 01-10-2013 at 07:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryank930 View Post
    Anyone have experience with this light or any similar lights from AMAZON (I have ~$80 in gift cards)

Would Action LED's wide angle lens work with this?

Amazon.com: 3X CREE XM-L T6 LED 3800Lm LED Headlight Headlamp and Bicycle Light: Sports & Outdoors

I know it's more than $50, but this just seems to be the right place to ask.
    I have one coming also....
    A giant thread on it right here:
    New clone 3 x XML T-6 49.88 shipped

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by polar8 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a pair of lights for my girlfriend and I to go night riding together. I've done tons of research and found several options... the one linked below seems to be the most popular. Any other opinions on the best light under $50 for the time being?
    polar, can you give us an update on this light? Is it still working, is the battery life the same etc.

I like rigid MTB.

There is a discussion about LED light for night ride in Pink Bike...

Please follow link...

Night Riding - Page 2 - Pinkbike Forum

I bought one of this light from this Ebay seller and I'm very impressed with the light.

3X CREE LED XM L T6 LED 4000Lm Bicycle Light Bike Lamp Headlight Headlamp R1 3T6 | eBay

I just came back from my Tuesday 10pm night ride and I'm trying my new 'Chinese LED light'. I'm very impressed ! It was very very bright. I used the low level setting only and it is bright enough for my night trail run. The session lasted for 2 hrs and 20mins. and it still going very strong. I didn't even had the need to use Mid or High power setting. I'm impressed !!!

mtbr member
    If you already have a good battery, this could be great too. I would get that myself if my 808 cloned failed on me.

I like rigid MTB.

Smart looking unit but not as brighter as mine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post
    If you already have a good battery, this could be great too. I would get that myself if my 808 cloned failed on me.

Smart looking unit but not as brighter as mine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

My current favorite light under $50

I bought this and have been really pleased with it. It has even survived some bad spills without a problem.

Decent run time with external battery pack...

dx.com/p/p7-water-resistant-ssc-p7-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82734?rt=1&p=0&m=0&r=3&k=1&t=1&s=82510&u=82734]P7 Water Resistant SSC-P7 3-Mode 900~1200-Lumen White LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Is there really any difference between this listing and the MJ808E available on Action-LED-Lights?
    Action-LED-Lights — MJ-808E, 4 mode 1000* lumen bike light
    Ok, You got my attention now.
    No, these certainly are not the same as the Magicshine lights we are selling. There are dozens of little companies in China that, seeing the success of Magicshine, decided to make one "like" it and get in on the market. (there's almost no intellectual property protection in China)
    I've had a lot of customers that started out with knockoffs and them came to us when they had problems. From conversations with them these are the common problem seen.

Batteries - this is the big one. For most light companies the Li-ion battery is about half the cost of the light set. Clone builders use second grade batteries that are rejects from laptop makers. If your lucky you get a pack that last awhile but most don't seem to make it past 6 months and many less.

Wires - A wire that has to flex all the time needed to be made from finely stranded copper to not fatigue and crack. I've had a lot of reports of wires breaking at the connectors or were they enter the battery or light.

Connectors - A lot of the connectors fail after a short time.

Chargers - Many chargers seem to be very low quality. I had one customer buying a new charger after his literally blew apart when he plugged it in.

Reflectors - Many come with a smooth reflector that makes a tight spot with almost no spill. I sell a lot of orange peal reflectors and wide angle lenses to fix these up

All these clone companies tell you that their using XM-L-T6 LED's. But then they also tell you there putting out 1600 or up to 2200 lumens too. According to CREE, 1000 is all that's possible with the best of the best T6's. I'd say the odds that your really getting T6 bin is pretty low. The lower bins are lower cost.

Magicshine has been at it for about 4 years now and has made many improvements along the way. They had most of these issues at the beginning but they have continually worked to improve their lights and have kept the cost pretty reasonable. All things considered it's pretty hard to find a better value.
    Last edited by Action LED Lights; 01-27-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Action Led

I have to agree w you. I have an old Jet lites with threaded connectors so I like the details.
    Anyhow I just charged a new cree xml t6 I received from Amazon today ~$40 . Like the lighthead but as soon as I connected the connectors I felt a lot of play not positive feeling . The charger was fine as it does not move but the light battery connection was even worse . Connected not connected with the slightest of movements. Too bad because it was really bright .Anyway UPS should be coming tomorrow to return it to Amazon. CREE XML XM-L T6 LED Bike Bicycle Light HeadLight HeadLamp 1200LM Red

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So I bought 2 of these. Realized I only need one and a second one kind of annoys me. If anyone is wanting to pick up the ebay one pm me first.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast