Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    SRAM...Shimano who cares?
    Dec 2011
    Serfas True 1000 you can get them now for 100.00 or a 1500 for 130.00 which is a crazy deal.

I nite ride for 2-2:45 a week and I charge it twice a month without worry. It's advertised run time of is 4hrs @1k lm is way conservative. The beam is plenty wide and keeps the trail lit in dense flowy trails.

It might be considered heavy or ugly....But, this is night riding- Think of it as a 'that' openminded girlfriend who only comes over from 2a.m.-5 a.m. With a lifetime warranty.

And for that price you can grab two
    Last edited by J_R_A; 03-29-2014 at 09:38 AM.

mtbr member
    ^^^Agree that the Serfas light on sale now (I think b/c they re-designed it) is probably a great deal for a high-quality light.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by J_R_A View Post
    Serfas True 1000 you can get them now for 100.00 or a 1500 for 130.00 which is a crazy deal.

I nite ride for 2-2:45 a week and I charge it twice a month without worry. It's advertised run time of is 4hrs @1k lm is way conservative. The beam is plenty wide and keeps the trail lit in dense flowy trails.

It might be considered heavy or ugly....But, this is night riding- Think of it as a 'that' openminded girlfriend who only comes over from 2a.m.-5 a.m. With a lifetime warranty.

Where can you get them for that price?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mauler57 View Post
    Where can you get them for that price?
    Competitive Cyclist and Back Country (I am thinking they are one in the same) both had them. They are both sold out now. When I called them I was told that they would not be getting more inventory.

mtbr member
    I have a Serfas 1500 that I use for both road and mountain biking. It is great for riding on trails I'm familiar with, but I was going on a first time ride, I would want two of them.

I always also mount a light on my helmet, I have a Fenix PD30 headlamp that I took the head strap off of, and strapped it to my helmet.

Having a light handlebar mounted AND helmet mounted is a must for me so I can always see the trail in front of me, and see my surroundings.... but you might be fine with one or the other.

If I could go back, I would purchase two Fenix lights instead of the Serfas... It will run you about $180 total, but the option to easily replace batteries and aim each light independently is worth it.
    Amazon.com: Fenix BT20 Bike Flashlight, Gray: FENIX: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member

I haven't seen them anywhere for that low a price but I just ordered the Serfas True 1000+ from JensonUSA for $116 with free shipping. I've seen the 1500 model for closer to $180.
    Serfas Tsl-1000+ True 1000+ Headlight > Accessories > Lighting > Front Lights | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    I switched my helmet light from a Exposure Diablo Mk4 to a Zebralight H600 MKII. Granted I run the ZL on the claimed 660 Lm setting, I can get 1:45 before having to change batteries (3400 batteries). The beam pattern is smoother than the Diablo, no piggy back battery needed, and the mount is flexible (no fear of breaking it in a crash, light mounted or not).

I also have a Zebralight H600F MKII (the floody version) on my handlebar. No regrets, great light. Also run it on the second PID level.

I own four ZL lights now, including the H52 and the SC600 Mk II L2 (in the mail from brightguys). Ya, I'm a fan.

Steve

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Lupine Betty x2. One for helmet. One for bars. 2 hrs w more then enough lumens. Love my setup.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronsondude View Post
    Lupine Betty x2. One for helmet. One for bars. 2 hrs w more then enough lumens. Love my setup.
    That's some serious lumens.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    That's some serious lumens.
    And cash!

mtbr member
    cost?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    Well said Cat. I agree 100% with you. I do ride with a friend that only buys lupine and the quality is superb. Everything about it is well built including the batteries, charger, plugs, ect. He owns the latest version of the Betty and let me tell you. WoW! Killer beam pattern and killer output. It does indeed have a wireless button to change modes which is very cool. Again if funds are not a factor why not. But that's not my case. XS arrives tomorrow and can't wait to take it out on a night ride and compare it to my Duo and Olympia.
    I thought you already had one? But if not, well, prepared to be blown away. Not Lupine Betty bright, but enough light for any ride at almost any point. I had an Olympia and Duo, and it does not even come close to the XS. The beam pattern is just much better IMO. Not quiet as cleaned up as the Lupines, but a big improvement on the X2 v2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3