mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Best Bang 4 Buck Bar and Helmet combo setup < $150 (clone?)

What is the best bang for the buck bars and helmet setup that you can put together for say $150?
    Proven solid reliable performance has value. If including clones with suspect battery packs, include specific battery packs you would purchase as replacements.
    jW

29er
    Apr 2010
    i would get 2 magicshine 808

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There's a lot of options.
    And it depends on whether you want a proven system....or willing to deal with short comings for less money.
    First thing I'd do is take a look at the Lights Shoot Out.

I just ordered a 3X XM-L clone...knowing I'd probably need another battery.
    And I ordered a Hi_max XM-L U2 light.
    So I got 2 lights and a battery for under $150....but may have to deal with some issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I think , if you want two "proven" lights to include fitting and chargers for $150, you need to go with flashlights with internal removable batteries. I would look at the Solarforce range with XML U2 led, also a lot of people are using Trusfire/Ultrafire flashlights, but I personally prefer the Solarforce, good build and good range of accessories and led.
    SR59

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    using flashlights for bike lights is so dated when you can get rechargeable systems for cheaper using the same LED. Going over chunky stuff w/ a flashlight and battery balanced on the bars doesn't cut it for me, been there done that when the P7s came out in 2008.

Best bang for buck out there is the 3*XML clones for $45 on ebay or $54 on amazon. Upgrade to a 26650 pack for another $35 and you still got change to get another 3*XML for the helmet. I'd run the helmet on low, it will help look around switches or other tight stuff the Floody bars can't cover.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    using flashlights for bike lights is so dated when you can get rechargeable systems for cheaper using the same LED. Going over chunky stuff w/ a flashlight and battery balanced on the bars doesn't cut it for me, been there done that when the P7s came out in 2008.

Best bang for buck out there is the 3*XML clones for $45 on ebay or $54 on amazon. Upgrade to a 26650 pack for another $35 and you still got change to get another 3*XML for the helmet. I'd run the helmet on low, it will help look around switches or other tight stuff the Floody bars can't cover.
    Is there a link for the Batteries? Thank you

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJITSU View Post
    Is there a link for the Batteries? Thank you
    High-capacity 10000mAh 8.4V 4*26650 LED Bike Light Battery Pack - led bike light online

and light

Amazon.com: 3X CREE XM-L T6 LED 3800Lm LED Headlight Headlamp and Bicycle Light: Sports & Outdoors

my copy had a hard time going into med and high mode, I fixed this with a 0ohm resistor on R1. Other then that it's solid and bright

mtbr member
    jsigone, Thanks so much. Voted up