mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Best AY-UP Beam Combo???

Hey guys,

i'm looking to buy the Ay Up V4 Adventure kit & need advice on the best beam combo to go for. I'm looking at either narrow & intermediate or narrow & medium. In the the photos (looking at the bottom 2) in the below link, narrow/intermediate on high looks like it whites/washes out some of the trail detail, where as the narrow/medium on high looks a lot more natural. This is only 1 photo, so keen to hear what your real world experiences are if any, with these two different set ups???

http://www.ayup-lights.com/galleries/beam-shots/

Thanks in advance
    Moshy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by \m/ Moshboy \m/
    Hey guys,

i'm looking to buy the Ay Up V4 Adventure kit & need advice on the best beam combo to go for. I'm looking at either narrow & intermediate or narrow & medium. In the the photos (looking at the bottom 2) in the below link, narrow/intermediate on high looks like it whites/washes out some of the trail detail, where as the narrow/medium on high looks a lot more natural. This is only 1 photo, so keen to hear what your real world experiences are if any, with these two different set ups???

http://www.ayup-lights.com/galleries/beam-shots/

Thanks in advance
    Moshy
    After I looked at the link it did take me a while to stop laughing. Now I know we've had people on forum before that have taken beam shots on snow but that was probably only because they couldn't wait to try out their new lights. Ayup on the other hand...
    ...must have lost their mind to put a beam shot comparison on their web site that was done on snow. WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING?! Snow covered ground has to be the absolutely worse condition for taking comparative beam shots. What is there about the term "White out" that they do not understand? Well at least some of the photos are not done on snow but I have to seriously question what camera settings they were using for the photos ( especially when they can detail a snowman at 200 meters, but what the hey...it's snow right ).

Moshy, my advise....don't take beam photos from the manufacturer too seriously.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    There's just not that much snow down here, down under it must have been a novelty...

There are some more appropriate shots here

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/2009-ay...t/ayup-narrow/

etc

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I went with narrow and intermediate and they go well

i ride a bicycle
    narrow on helmet,intermediate on bar works for me
    i also have a medium that i would trade for a narrow if anyone interested
    its red and i ll pay shipping both ways if in US