Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I have several L&M units and two of them are older Stella 120's both having battery issues taking and holding a charge. $28 each (parts + labor) at Batteriesplus, working like brand new... battery capacity of the replacements are a step higher than the original cells. Took about 3 days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Another li-ion cells from DX left China using RQ....SG tracking. Seem that every seller tries to find out how to pass the "rules" successfully.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by robs31 View Post
    I ordered two packs from him with balance leads on the 10th. I'll report back how the balance leads are connected once they get here.
    Got my packs from Hunk Lee (2S1P 3400, 2S2P 6200) and yes, the balancing leads were not in the correct order. I would like to note that I had previously purchased some balancing leads elsewhere that were also not in the correct order, so not sure what the deal is. The good thing is it's an easy fix. Simply pull the pins out of the connecter and put them back in the correct order, no need to open the pack and resolder. I tested the capacity of both packs and they were close to the stated capacity. My charger discharged them down to 3.1v per cell and then charging stops at 8.2v, so obviously not the full range, but gave me a good indication of where they would be with a full charge. I requested the packs come with the new screw type connectors. I also requested that he add the male end of the connector so I could change out my lights plugs, and he included them and the balancing leads at no extra cost. The packs were packaged very well and arrived in 3 weeks to California through Singapore post. Overall I'm very pleased with the product and the service. Would surely recommend if your looking for a pack.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

If add a 3P balance connector is necessary?

Thanks for your supporting of our products and service!
    If add 3P balance connector is necessary, we can update the design of our battery pack. The cells from Panasonic/Sanyo has very good complance in performance. So charge by 8.4V charger from P+~P- is enough. But I don't know if the cells have difference in performance among same pack after 300cycles.
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Can someone lead to me to a batter holder for the bottle cage?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    Another li-ion cells from DX left China using RQ....SG tracking. Seem that every seller tries to find out how to pass the "rules" successfully.
    Difficult to ship battery to worldwide countries. But ship to USA no problem now.
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Ok, I ordered a "Hunk-Lee" battery off of eBay for a cheap-o 808 XM-L2 clone I bought. I got the following:

Samsung LiIon Battery Pack 7 4V 4400mAh for MagicShine LED Bike Light 2S2P 22F | eBay

I should have read up/emailed this guy - does this not have the proper MS-type connector? Are these waterproof?
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Cells sit in a heatshrinked tube - non waterproof. After all you can e-mail him to quote the mods you need.

mtbr member
    I already ordered it..bummer! Thanks for the info though...if I order another I will talk to him...or just go through Action LED!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    Ok, I ordered a "Hunk-Lee" battery off of eBay for a cheap-o 808 XM-L2 clone I bought. I got the following:

Samsung LiIon Battery Pack 7 4V 4400mAh for MagicShine LED Bike Light 2S2P 22F | eBay

I should have read up/emailed this guy - does this not have the proper MS-type connector? Are these waterproof?
    I believe that it is a ms-type connector. It is a quality product for a great price if everything I have read is correct. It was not misrepresented in anyway. I also believe that it comes with a neoprene pouch with velcro to attach it. You could always plastidip it to get it mostly waterproof.

The original ms connectors are water resistant not water proof. To get a waterproof connector, you would need a screw connector with o-ring or something similar.

mtbr member
    Great info iron..thanks. I wasn't insinuating that he misrepresented it, just that I didn't do my homework. I just was hoping it wasn't like the kid of connector that are MS-type but don't snap together.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by robs31 View Post
    Got my packs from Hunk Lee (2S1P 3400, 2S2P 6200) and yes, the balancing leads were not in the correct order. I would like to note that I had previously purchased some balancing leads elsewhere that were also not in the correct order, so not sure what the deal is. The good thing is it's an easy fix. Simply pull the pins out of the connecter and put them back in the correct order, no need to open the pack and resolder. I tested the capacity of both packs and they were close to the stated capacity. My charger discharged them down to 3.1v per cell and then charging stops at 8.2v, so obviously not the full range, but gave me a good indication of where they would be with a full charge. I requested the packs come with the new screw type connectors. I also requested that he add the male end of the connector so I could change out my lights plugs, and he included them and the balancing leads at no extra cost. The packs were packaged very well and arrived in 3 weeks to California through Singapore post. Overall I'm very pleased with the product and the service. Would surely recommend if your looking for a pack.
    The order of balance connector are not only one type. Depanding on the order of balance charger, two orders charger are.
    But re-order action is simple. Just press the metal down and pull wire out, then let the metal clip a little up, then insert in the correct hole.
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    Great info iron..thanks. I wasn't insinuating that he misrepresented it, just that I didn't do my homework. I just was hoping it wasn't like the kid of connector that are MS-type but don't snap together.
    Some of my thoughts:

The battery I received from Mr. Lee had a connector compatible with ( other ) MS type connectors....BUT.....the connector does not include the rubber outer shield usually included with other MS type connectors. Without this shield it is very easy for the two connectors to come apart. I'm not saying it can't work but a tighter connection is more desirable in my opinion.

I should also mention that the wire included with the ( Lee ) connector is also quite short. Judging from the photos on Mr. Lee's website this looks to be a standard length of wire used on his other batteries as well. In comparison to other batteries I have, the others have connection wires that are at least twice as long.

Since Mr. Lee seems happy to comply with requests I would suggest that anyone ordering a battery from Mr. Lee consider how they wish to mount the battery and the length of wire needed to reach the lamp with your intended mounting solution. If you need the screw-on type connectors you should ask for those. If you want shielded MS type connectors I would ask for those as well. Otherwise you will get the standard set-up which might not work as well as what you want.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Sorry. We should pay much more attention to waterproof performance! How longer of the DC socket wire you wanted? If a 3P balance connector is necessary?
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My experience w/ any of these cheaper options (battery/light head) are the connectors. They just don't stay together. They are so bad that they are almost unusable unless you tape them together.

I have the Dinotte XML-3 dual and it came w/ an extension cord so what's I've done is used that extension to connect the light head to the battery. The Dinotte extension creates a nice solid connection.

You will more then likely have to mod the connectors some way.

Just my experience.

mtbr member
    Got it today. Will use my extra MS extension cable to splice in a better end. What comes on it is not secure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Shipping battery parcel to worldwide countries become more difficult now. Even this, we ship to a USA customer just take 3 weeks, (Order at Apr.16, received at May.3), the USA customer still give us a negative feedback, we are in China, not in USA. It is unfair to us. Catch such a case, we very disappointed, one of me said refuse to ship to USA. But one said don't hurt most USA customers as they are good and support our ebay business forever! How should we do!
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    HunkLee, don't worry, and just keep your business running! We all know about current troubles with lithium shipping, and you're doing great job finding the ways for successful delivery. Thank you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    HunkLee, don't worry, and just keep your business running! We all know about current troubles with lithium shipping, and you're doing great job finding the ways for successful delivery. Thank you!
    +1!......Mr. Lee, The informed consumer here in the USA knows about the troubles with efforts to ship Li-ion batteries from China to the USA. Before airline regulations began to ban Li-ion batteries, normal shipping times from China took anywhere from two weeks to a month. With new regulations in effect no doubt there will be additional delays as you try to find carriers that will accept your shipments. There will always be people who do not like to wait. It is unfortunate that you have to deal with logistical shipping problems ( and angry customers who don't know all the facts ) but such is life.

mtbr member
    HunkLee sells some quality packs at a reasonable price!

mtbr member

Xeccon 4-cells; Panasonic and Samsung; Great Price!

Okay, I was browsing through the Xeccon website tonight and couldn't help but notice that down on the very bottom of their battery list is a 4-cell 6800mAh Panasonic battery....all set to go! $46.00 USD! That is one great price on a weather sealed Panasonic battery, pouch with good connectors. Me thinks Leonard might be giving Hunk Lee a run for the money.

Now what doesn't make sense is that in the product description it mentions that the battery is only available to people in Australia??? If true why is it listed on the USA site and listed as $46 USD?? Sort of a mixed message there if you catch my drift. Anyway, I tried the on-line chat thing but got no response. I might have to send Len an e-mail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Okay, I was browsing through the Xeccon website tonight and couldn't help but notice that down on the very bottom of their battery list is a 4-cell 6800mAh Panasonic battery....all set to go! $46.00 USD! That is one great price on a weather sealed Panasonic battery, pouch with good connectors. Me thinks Leonard might be giving Hunk Lee a run for the money.

Now what doesn't make sense is that in the product description it mentions that the battery is only available to people in Australia??? If true why is it listed on the USA site and listed as $46 USD?? Sort of a mixed message there if you catch my drift. Anyway, I tried the on-line chat thing but got no response. I might have to send Len an e-mail.
    Hi Cat, sorry I missed you on the chat-thing.

We ordered the 3400mAh cells a while back. We then had the 3100s which went out the door like the flux capacitor fitted DeLorean. The 6800 is by far the most popular because of weight : size : price ratio. The 2-cell 3400 is the next and while I thought the 10,400 would be the go, it actually wasn't an attractive proposition for most. In Australia, besides the racing guys, most buy the packs from us to power their, you guess it - Yindings and Solarstorms.

I asked Mike of CO a while back if we should consider sending Panasonics to him so we can do batteries only for ConUS. That was towards the end of the night riding season for the northern hemisphere so we left it. Cost of these batteries with shipping (still an issue) is costly. We do have a one-up over Mr Lee - the packs are covered by an extra silicone boot - even for the 6-cell, and the converters are 100% MS-type waterproof connectors. We are not really competing with him though. For now, the 6800 at AUD 46 is below the $50 free delivery threshold. Anyone interested can shoot me an e-mail. We can upgrade the battery pack with these Panasonics which we have in our office in China. Our Spiker 1211s and most recently S12s are fitted with XM-L2 U2.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Leonard

Do your batteries still fit magicshine lights or do you now need the converter you mention?

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Leonard

Do your batteries still fit magicshine lights or do you now need the converter you mention?
    Hi Tim, Xeccon's square connectors fit MS-type connectors as they are. They will be water resistant but if you want them waterproof then the 30cm converter cable should be added.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    ...I asked Mike of CO a while back if we should consider sending Panasonics to him so we can do batteries only for ConUS. That was towards the end of the night riding season for the northern hemisphere so we left it. Cost of these batteries with shipping (still an issue) is costly. We do have a one-up over Mr Lee - the packs are covered by an extra silicone boot - even for the 6-cell, and the converters are 100% MS-type waterproof connectors. We are not really competing with him though. For now, the 6800 at AUD 46 is below the $50 free delivery threshold. Anyone interested can shoot me an e-mail. We can upgrade the battery pack with these Panasonics which we have in our office in China. Our Spiker 1211s and most recently S12s are fitted with XM-L2 U2.
    @mtbRev....Having 4-cell batteries with the 3400mAh Panasonics available to the USA market would be a big plus. My bet is that if you had these stocked with your US supplier you would be selling so many you wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves ( if priced as well as your others. ).

@Wombat...Having used the Xeccon batteries with the squarish connector plug myself I think some clarification is necessary. The metal connector on the Xeccon battery is actually round, just like with any other Mshine type battery. What's squarish on the plug is the rubber shield. Strange as this might seem, it works perfectly well with any lamp I own that calls for a Mshine type batttery. ( * The exceptions are: DiNotte...which doesn't work with any Mshine type battery without modding save the Hunk Lee's ) And, The Mshine type batteries that use the "screw on" connectors.

Truthfully, I don't know if any of the standard Mshine type batteries I use have connectors that are fully waterproof. Almost all the ones I own, ( except the Hunk Lee ) are very well shielded though. The square "Xeccon" ( female ) plugs work so well with my standard ( round/male ) lamp plugs that I really don't see there being a real issue ( or need for an adapter ). The fit is very tight and looks very"weather-resistant" to me if not completely "water-proof. I will also say this about the new Xeccon ( squarish) plugs; Used in combo with the matching Xeccon lamps... The fit is so smooth and tight I would bet money that they are water-proof to 1 meter.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast