Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 1,001 to 1,040 of 1040
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    The adaptor cable is 30cm long with 5.5x2.1DC pins. There shouldn't be any measurable losses using the adaptor cable. You can still use the square profile plug with your light if you dont want to use the adaptor cable.

We have some Panasonic 10200mAh soft neoprene packs heading to Colorado. We will be able to ship from there in 2 to 3 days time. Another couple of days to you if you're in continental US.
    Just wondering why your 6 cell 10,200maH packs are for AUS only and not the E.U or U.S?
    Also this pack Xeccon Samsung 8.4V 7800mAh Waterproof Li-ion Hard Shell Battery says it comes in a soft shell case but is pictured with a hard shell. But appears to have a soft shell attachment case?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    That's good to know. With the more powerful lamps more people are going to be using 6-cell battery packs.

Just to let you know I expect to receive the Nitefighter BT70 within a couple days. I'll be testing it with the Xeccon 6-cell ( hard shell ) battery you gave me a year or so ago. ( 6600mah ? ) I'll be posting up how it all works in the thread already started on the BT70.

Eagerly awaiting this review.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    OK, I get it now

Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    I'm Swiss American buddy! Hence "swiss" "am". Which means I live and work in Switzerland but still pay U.S taxes. Only U.S and Zimbabwe taxes it's citizens abroad. But that's another topic for the WTF thread. Lol
    Anyways I didn't know both vendors were members here, that's pretty cool actually. As I mentioned this 6 cell pack will go in a saddle bag so it will be more prone to splashing and rock strikes. Best to get a hard case me thinks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    We have some Panasonic 10200mAh soft neoprene packs heading to Colorado. We will be able to ship from there in 2 to 3 days time. Another couple of days to you if you're in continental US.
    Do you also ship this batteries to EU customers?
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    I have a HunkLee 2 Cell that works great with my Gloworm XS, no connector issues, lasts over an hour on mixed intensity. Arrived in Sacramento in around 9 days.

I had a 2cell MS pack from Action that dissipated quickly but has a great case, stretchy velcro strap that will even attach to the back of my helmet.

If Mr. Hunk could start selling these packs in 2/4/6 cell sizes he would clean up.

I can't answer for others, only my own opinion...The major issue is the standard connector you use. While it does work with the Magicshine type connectors used on most Chinese made bike lights it is not as good as the original Magicshine type connector ( with the protective rubber sleeve ). The one you provide has no protective sleeve and is not as tight a fit with the standard MS male connector. Most other bike battery sources use the original Magicshine type connector ( or one that works better ).

Another minor issue is that when a person buys a battery sometimes they have no battery pouch in which to mount it to their bicycle. Your website does not provide ( or sell ) the battery pouch. That means the buyer of your battery will have to find an outside source for a battery pouch so they can mount the battery to their bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkLee View Post
    Who can tell me why you don't buy battery from us now?
    Hunk_Lee.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I have a HunkLee 2 Cell that works great with my Gloworm XS, no connector issues, lasts over an hour on mixed intensity. Arrived in Sacramento in around 9 days.

I had a 2cell MS pack from Action that dissipated quickly but has a great case, stretchy velcro strap that will even attach to the back of my helmet.

If Mr. Hunk could start selling these packs in 2/4/6 cell sizes he would clean up.
    I have the Hunk Lee two cell as well. For comparison I just now tried the connector with a cheap Chinese D/X lamp, a Nitefighter BT40S and a Gloworm X2. The D/X connector barely held. Both the BT40S and the X2 were a little better but about the same...stays put but a good tug and it easily comes apart without problem....As long as you don't get the wires caught on a bush it should be fine. Still, I'm not comfortable with the connector plugs coming apart that easily. ( I sometimes ride through some tight areas with high grass and thorn bush....I have the scratches on my arms and legs to prove it. ).
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 09-12-2015 at 01:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkLee View Post
    Who can tell me why you don't buy battery from us now?
    Hunk_Lee.
    I have bought dozens of excellent batteries from you. Only issue is that the buyer needs to waterproof them. I think you would have a huge market if you could sell 2-cell and 4-cell packs with a silicone jacket as a few others do, like the ActionLED one here:
    MJ-6008 2200mAh Waterproof Battery – Action-LED-Lights

mtbr member
    I have the Hunk Lee two cell as well. For comparison I just now tried the connector with a cheap Chinese D/X lamp, a Nitefighter BT40S and a Gloworm X2. The D/X connector barely held. Both the BT40S and the X2 were about the same...stays put but a good tug and it easily comes apart without problem....As long as you don't get the wires caught on a bush it should be fine. Still, I'm not comfortable with the connector plugs coming apart that easily. ( I sometimes ride through some tight areas with high grass and thorn bush....I have the scratches on my arms and legs to prove it. ).
    You could improve it a lot with a sleeve of heat-shrink tubing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofroad'bent View Post
    You could improve it a lot with a sleeve of heat-shrink tubing.
    Over the connector?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have a 6 cell hunk Lee battery that I use for long rides and races, powering a gloworm x2 helmet lamp. I just attached a normal magicshine extension cord to the battery and secured it with a couple of wraps of electrical tape. It's worked fine that way for bunches of mtb rides for over a year now. Shrink wrap would have been less ghetto, but I didn't have any handy. I still use hardshell magicshine 4 cells for bar lights because the little rubber band mount system on those works great for mounting the battery across my bars in front of the stem.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Over the connector?
    Yes, plug both parts together, and use a shorter end over the male end, with more heat shrink tubing over the female end..

mtbr member
    Yes, plug both parts together, and use a shorter end over the male end, with more heat shrink tubing over the female end..
    I'm not sure I understand the "heat shrinking" of the connectors. If you use heat shrink tubing on the connectors how do you get them apart?

I think if I had a larger Hunk Lee battery and wanted the MS type connectors I would just go ahead and cut into the battery heat shrinking, find the place where the wire is connected , desolder and then just solder in a section of MS wire/connector...OR...option two, just splice in the MS connector to the wire already there. Still, I'd rather have the battery come as wanted.

Of course if you are into temporary fixes you can just use some electrical tape to keep both connectors together but that would get old real quick.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure I understand the "heat shrinking" of the connectors. If you use heat shrink tubing on the connectors how do you get them apart?

I think if I had a larger Hunk Lee battery and wanted the MS type connectors I would just go ahead and cut into the battery heat shrinking, find the place where the wire is connected , desolder and then just solder in a section of MS wire/connector...OR...option two, just splice in the MS connector to the wire already there. Still, I'd rather have the battery come as wanted.

Of course if you are into temporary fixes you can just use some electrical tape to keep both connectors together but that would get old real quick.
    I'm talking about non-adhesive heat shrink tubing. If you extend the tube over the knurled end of the female part and only the smooth part of the male connector and then shrink it, you get a nice water-resistant seal that can pull apart with a "pop".
    Sorry, crazy busy, no time for a How To pic series, but maybe later.

mtbr member
    Best idea would be to get an extension cable, cut it to lengths you want and solder the red and black wires to the +/- points of the lighthead and battery. Clean, simple and waterproof.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    I'm talking about non-adhesive heat shrink tubing. If you extend the tube over the knurled end of the female part and only the smooth part of the male connector and then shrink it, you get a nice water-resistant seal that can pull apart with a "pop".
    Sorry, crazy busy, no time for a How To pic series, but maybe later.
    I've got some good size heat shrink tubing home, I'll give it a try when I get home. What I don't have however is a small controlled heat source which will make things a lot harder.

RAKC/ITUO
    A lighter lol. Your dont have a lighter for starting a grill???
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

Life on 2 wheels is the only life for me. Especially once it gets dark.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i shrink all of my cables and plugs with a lighter!
    only battery packs are shrinked with a heat gun!
    ..just ride...

RAKC/ITUO
    Ya I have a heat gun, I use it for pack shrink only.

I wish I could find a good shrink sleeve for using paired silicone wire (think how its done in RC, add outer sleeve). Deans connectors are the ultimate in low resistance and really water proof connector between light head and battery is a myth. Dont need it. Just need a secure connector that wont come apart.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    A lighter lol. Your dont have a lighter for starting a grill???
    Yeah I have a cheap lighter for emergency power outages. I have candles too so the candle should work and leave my hands free to handle the item. Now to find my shrink tubing...

mtbr member
    I have a heat gun but also a small butane torch. The torch is easier for heat shrink on tubing. Get heat shrink tube just a bit bigger than the wide end of the connection.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    It is an old thread, but many might be subscribed. Just to inform you about new battery packs.

Quality 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Battery Pack at Kaidomain.com for reasonable price

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    thank you ledoman for this info!
    It is great to sum the new Infos here in this thread - but discuss in the speacial threads!
    Nice pack kaidomain is offering here..... are they doing this upon your initiative?
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes somewhat. They have done a batch for special customer and I've urged them to make it wide avalaible. They listen to me and used 20AWG cables and 6A protection module, so even higher powered lights should work fine.
    Also 6 and 8 cells version are in the production.

RAKC/ITUO
    Gearbest has them listed now, working on stocking them (if they don't already have some in stock).
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    if you mean this Pack: 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Rechargeable 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack-22.37 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

on the Pictures there is only a 22AWG cable attached!
    (thus in the discription they write 20AWG!)

Edit: but the Price is amazing!!
    ..just ride...

Lazy People Suck
    FMA LiIon Battery Pack 26650 2S1P 7 4V 4500mAh for MagicShine LED Bike Light HT | eBay

My current battery pack is an 8.4v pack. I see that this pack is 7.4v. I am looking for a replacement pack for my Solar Storm headlight. Is this compatible? Any adverse effect with the voltage difference?
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    They are the same regarding voltages. 8.4V is max. voltage and 7.4V is nominal voltage (avereage) to use in caclulations. When coming Li-ions into questions only cells in series counts. Vast majority bicyce packs is 2S.

Lazy People Suck
    Thanks
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hey Cat, can you hit this link to Hunk Lee battery and scroll down and see if you think the second connector will work w/ DiNotte. It's hard to tell.

Yes, the Gearbest battery is a deal it seems like at 22 bucks but are we really getting that battery as described or something else, a fake or really a 2 cell w/ 2 fake cells, etc.

Thx

MB

Samsung LiIon Battery Pack 7 4V 5600mAh for MagicShine LED Bike Light 28A 2S2P | eBay

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    FYI, I'm just doing preview of the 2S2P KD battery pack with Panasonic NCR18650B cells. Currently working on pictures....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ledoman View Post
    FYI, I'm just doing preview of the 2S2P KD battery pack with Panasonic NCR18650B cells. Currently working on pictures....
    Can't wait to hear.

BTW, this HLee flat pack looks handy for a Jersey pocket, any idea what the second lead is for? Seems a bit dangerous. Protected Li ion Battery 7 4V 6200mAh by Panasonic 18650 Cell 2S2PB w PCM bms In | eBay

The Battery Thread: 2013-s-l1600.jpg

RAKC/ITUO
    He does some weird stuff with his batteries and still can't get the connectors right for what is needed for bike lights.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yes - i can confirm this!
    I had several attemts to get him to the right connector, over several orders, mails, Pictures and so on....
    .... but he still did not manage to get the right waterproof connector on his packs or at least as an Option in his connector list!
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Since Kaidomain has now really good and (weather) sealed 2S2P pack with right connector, there is no need to "playing games" with HL. There might be same or similar pack avalaible from GB, too.

Here is the link to the thread I'm working on -> Quality 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Battery Pack at Kaidomain.com for reasonable price

mtbr member
    Anyone tried using Sub C batteries with bike lights? if so, how big of mAh they can go?

Is something like this could work?
    Panasonic Battery Sub C 1 2V 3000mAh Soldering Lug Z Shape Aku Battery | eBay

I'm considering stacking them up inside the Steerer tube of my bike, but I would need to figure it out how the create the connections.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    OK. Let stay for a moment here, regardless there is new battery thread. I should post it here.

Yes I think it is possible to use those cells stacked, but there are few things to tell/ask.

1. If the chemistry (don't want Li-Ion) is of main concern then good Ni-Mh can be used
    2. Energy wise Li-Ion are much better. For example same 3000mAh Li-Ion cell has 3.7V nominal and weigts 45gr while this Ni-Mh has 1.2V and weights 58gr. So the ratio is higher than 3/1.
    3. You would need to stack from 3 to 6 Ni-Mh cells (depends on light and driver) which would be long from 135 to 270mm while Li-ion would be from 70-140mm.
    4. To stack them I would use capton tape to isolate wiring and nickel or copper stripes and solder to the tabs.

Hope it helps.

RAKC/ITUO
    Well since its been brought up: 26650 cells, 5000mah. Enough said
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yeah, but his goal was "I'm considering stacking them up inside the Steerer tube of my bike" so the diameter is in question (and length also). Of course personaly I wouldn't put any batteries anywhere into the bike.

RAKC/ITUO
    Me neither. I'd have to double check my measurements but I believe 2 stacked 26650 will fit in steel steerers.

But if bike is used during cold weather, doesn't matter the cell chemistry, not going to work well.

To many issues just makes it a bad idea unless you live in a warm climate and want to leave the batteries there permanently. I hate the idea, but it may work for him.
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    OK. Since we already about New Year I would suggest to start using new thread from now on.

Happy and Safe New Battery Year!

PLEASE START USING NEW BATTERY THREAD ->

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021