Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Just received my 4 cell Panasonic 6200mah from HunkLee. Took about 10 days to arrive on the west coast. Arrived very well packaged and appears to be a high grade quality pack. I will be conducting some run times this weekend using my gemini light heads.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkLee View Post
    We made battery pack with PCM inside. The PCM can protect Li-ion battery from over-discharging, over-charging, short-circuit etc. Like below linked items:
    items in A-OK battery store on eBay!

For the battery holder, like this:
    Protection Circuit Module PCM-7.4V LiIon 18650 2S2P LPo items in A-OK battery store on eBay!
    Hi HunkLee, Welcome to MTBR "Lights and Night riding forum". I see that you're a vendor of batteries. Nice prices on your website. I hope you have permission from MTBR to post and list your website on the forum. The vendors who post on MTBR have to pay a fee to carry ads or to post links. Approved vendors get to post on the forums as well. If you haven't contacted one of the moderators to attain "Approved vendor status" you may want to do that so they don't remove your posts. If you are already an approved vendor for MTBR than by all means WELCOME.

I ride a Swarf
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I may still have to do that but now I'm trying the plasti dip...

Attachment 844489
    Ooooh! i'm going to try this
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    Just received my 4 cell Panasonic 6200mah from HunkLee. Took about 10 days to arrive on the west coast. Arrived very well packaged and appears to be a high grade quality pack. I will be conducting some run times this weekend using my gemini light heads.

Nice find! Seriously looking forward to your write up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Good to know we can actually get the batteries from him.

I purchased 2 3100 Panasonic cells from Fasttech and a 6 cell from DX and have been waiting. The Fasttech people said the batteries are on hold in China and might not be able to be shipped and would refund me if not.

I really just needed the batteries. It's been over 3 weeks.

I read others have had this issue. Do you eventually get the batteries.

Thx

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post

I purchased 2 3100 Panasonic cells from Fasttech and a 6 cell from DX and have been waiting. The Fasttech people said the batteries are on hold in China and might not be able to be shipped and would refund me if not.

Thx
    I also ordered some batteries from Fasttech and have been waiting. Current tracking indicates:

"The item (trackingnumber) was posted on 6-Nov-2013"

mb, do you have tracking info, if so, what is the status of yours?

I haven't contacted Fasttech yet, I placed my order on Oct. 23 (2 days over 3 weeks).

edit, perhaps I shouldn't have included my tracking number, removed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thx
    If you're buying loose cells, Amazon's probably a better bet. A few bucks more, but you avoid the infuriating delays.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zuuds View Post
    If you're buying loose cells, Amazon's probably a better bet. A few bucks more, but you avoid the infuriating delays.
    I ordered 36 batteries total.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    My status just says in transit but I sent an email to F/T and they explained the issue. I've been waiting since 10/20.

I'll wait a bit longer and if same issue.

Based on F/T response to my email, it's as though they know these orders can't be filled but they are just trying anyway to see which will go thru.

F/T response to me. "Since your package contains batteries, which are not allowed by Hong Kong Post due to aviation security reason, we believe your package is now waiting for inspection. Therefore, we will found the tracking status remains "acceptance". If your package is caught and returned to us, we will arrange refund for you."

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Sorry I'm a beginner and don't know how to begin.
    I'd like to know who should I contact for ads. details?
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

AZ
    banned
    Sorry I'm a beginner and don't know how to begin.
    I'd like to know who should I contact for ads. details?

Contact Us

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hunk lee will you be making a 2S1P panasonic 3400mah battery packs in the near future?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Have prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Trd620 View Post
    Hunk lee will you be making a 2S1P panasonic 3400mah battery packs in the near future?
    Have prepared but not list yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Thank you!
    The final battery will be heat shrinked by PVC tube to protect it from short circuit. Just show connect material. Don't use the battery with poor connect material and mode, as it maybe short circuit and with poor electronic performance.

This battery will come heat shrinked? Or are you talking about a different unit?

Panasonic NCR18650B 7 4V 6800mAh Protected Li ion Battery for Bike Light 2S2PM | eBay

mtbr member
    Did two run times on high using a gemini duo at work. Temperature 44-35 degrees. First run time was 3:29 second was 3:27. Very impressed with this 4 cell Panasonic 6200 mah.

Great battery HunkLee.
    Last edited by Gharddog03; 11-16-2013 at 11:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Of course come with PVC protected. We want to show inside connection as we saw poor connection picture in MTBR.
    FMA Battery
    No Battery, No living.

mtbr member
    Of course come with PVC protected. We want to show inside connection as we saw poor connection picture in MTBR.

Cool. 2 cell Panasonic packs would also be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
    Did two run times on high using a gemini duo at work. Temperature 44-35 degrees. First run time was 3:29 second was 3:27. Very impressed with this 4 cell Panasonic 6200 mah.

Great battery HunkLee.
    Looks like a good set-up.

@HunkLee....Someone also mentioned wanting a 4-cell 2S2P set-up using Panasonic 3400mAh cells. I'll second that request. There is also a market for a 2-cell ( 3400mAh ) two series pack that so far not too many vendors seem to sell. A number of people here like to run two cell packs on their helmet or run two cell packs for smaller rear lamps. Make them and they should sell, particularly since there seems to be some problems with getting batteries from the other side of the world at the moment.

mtbr member
    ^ Thanks for jumping in--a 3400 mAh 2 cell would be lovely. Would order immediately.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Got my 4 cell Panasonic 6200mah from HunkLee in 6 days from China to California. Same pack as shown by Gharddog03 below except pack is green. Charging now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My status just says in transit but I sent an email to F/T and they explained the issue. I've been waiting since 10/20.

I'll wait a bit longer and if same issue.

Based on F/T response to my email, it's as though they know these orders can't be filled but they are just trying anyway to see which will go thru.

F/T response to me. "Since your package contains batteries, which are not allowed by Hong Kong Post due to aviation security reason, we believe your package is now waiting for inspection. Therefore, we will found the tracking status remains "acceptance". If your package is caught and returned to us, we will arrange refund for you."
    The item (tracking number) was returned to sender on 18-Nov-2013.

Doh!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, they simply can't send batteries from China. I'm assuming loose cells only but not really sure as I have a 6 cell on order. Hopefully that will actually arrive. Might be day light savings time again by the time it does arrive tho. Haha.

Here's Fasttech response.

As you may have noticed that there was no tracking updates for your package during the past few weeks. After confirming with HongKong Post, we've confirmed that your package was failed to pass through the x-ray check and has been returned. This was caused due to current strict inspection of the aviation security.

Your package has just been returned to us. Considering the risk of being returned/delayed again, we are going to make a refund for your order. Because there is too many orders being affected, the refund will be done within 24 hours. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    What's the typical expected lifetime of a good 4x18650 pack? I purchased a couple of the Gemini 5200mah packs last year. I've been using them on average 3 times a week, for 1.5-2.5 hours per ride. I recharge after every ride. The batteries are kept in a climate controlled area. I'd guess I've got 200 charge cycles in them so far.

I've noticed recently that my battery indicator on my lights are now getting into the 'warning' range 1.5 hours or so into a ride. I definitely feel I've got my $'s worth as they've been flawless and still last 2+ hours on high on my MJ872 clones. I want to replace them as the warning lights make me nervous on longer rides.

Is this life range typical? Better than average, worse than average?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, they simply can't send batteries from China. I'm assuming loose cells only but not really sure as I have a 6 cell on order. Hopefully that will actually arrive. Might be day light savings time again by the time it does arrive tho. Haha.

Here's Fasttech response.

As you may have noticed that there was no tracking updates for your package during the past few weeks. After confirming with HongKong Post, we've confirmed that your package was failed to pass through the x-ray check and has been returned. This was caused due to current strict inspection of the aviation security.

Your package has just been returned to us. Considering the risk of being returned/delayed again, we are going to make a refund for your order. Because there is too many orders being affected, the refund will be done within 24 hours. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.
    Hmmm, well I still need the batteries and on their website it says:

"US orders are now routed via the same service provided by Singapore instead of Hong Kong Post.
    Delivery times will be more consistent across the board."

So, I'm hoping they resend the order. Guess I'll see what happens! Which will come first, Christmas or batteries!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    hey, just want to mention that your plug is not compatible in terms of waterproofness for most bike lights guys are using here!
    Maybe you should consider to use a magicshine style plug!
    Or would that be an option as a special request when ordering?
    ..just ride...

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast