Guidosan
    Jan 2004

battery status feature

Okay, I know I am being lazy, but I have been looking but not finding certain information, thus seeking advice.

I am looking for a self-contained light that is at least 500 lumens and less than $100. What I am having trouble finding out is what models have a battery status feature. I see a lot that have a low battery indicator, but it seems most of these are a simple light that turns on when the battery is getting low. My evening commute home is at least an hour and with it getting darker, I need to know what status the battery is earlier so I can charge during work hours.

It seems the Light and Motion Urban 650 is the best option? Other ones seen is the NiteRider Lumina 600 OLED but not sure if this is being discontinued, it also seems to have problems with rain?

Does anybody have suggestions or other options?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    If you really need the battery information:
    https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-bc...ed-bike-light/

because GIANT
    zebralight h6xx-series blink 1,2,3,4 for battery status
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Guidosan
    Jan 2004
    Juhake, Thanks for the suggestions. I saw that and was hoping something would be found a bit cheaper. But in the end, it may be the way to go. Really more lumens than I need, but would have great run time as I will run them at a lower setting, water resistant and the battery information that I desire. Thanks.

127.0.0.1 Didn't think about the zebra. Will dig further into those as well.

Thanks folks!

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    https://www.ravemenbikelights.com/co...nt-bike-lights

Both the 900 and 1200 have digital displays so you can see exactly how much time is left on the charge at anytime when the light is on.
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

US partner for Ravemen:
    www.rakclighting.com

mtbr member
    I'd quite like an inline led battery gauge. Mostly so I can use my gloworm with an aftermarket pack.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guidosan View Post
    Juhake, Thanks for the suggestions. I saw that and was hoping something would be found a bit cheaper. But in the end, it may be the way to go. Really more lumens than I need, but would have great run time as I will run them at a lower setting, water resistant and the battery information that I desire. Thanks.

127.0.0.1 Didn't think about the zebra. Will dig further into those as well.

Thanks folks!
    I think PR900 would suit your needs, too, and in a cheaper price

https://www.ravemenbikelights.com/co...led-bike-light

https://www.ravemenbikelights.com/pages/user-manuals

Guidosan
    Jan 2004
    Juhake & RAKC Ind

Thanks for the info on the Ravemen. By the web-page it mentions the low batter warning indicator. I just wasn't sure if that meant a light indicating a low battery or showing how much is remaining. The manual clears that up.

Thanks again very useful.

I also like the idea of a inline battery gauge, but may just go for a Ravemen light. Remember I'm on the lazy side.

mtbr member
    Another vote for the PR900 here. Excellent quality light, plenty of power, long runtimes, accurate and easy to read fuel gauge, power level remote, operates as a power bank if needed, very reasonably priced. First light I thought of when I read your original post.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    I'd quite like an inline led battery gauge. Mostly so I can use my gloworm with an aftermarket pack.
    You mean, like the 5,000 8.4V Li-Ion battery status displays that are already on the market?

Gloworms have battery status built into the head unit. Lamp flashes when you've got 30 minutes left on your current power setting. Drop to a lower power setting at that point, you will get another flash when 30 minutes are left at that setting. You can do this through all ten power levels if you want, but I typically just drop the XS on the bar to my preset low (20%) until it poops out. I carry two spare 18650's for the X1 or X2 on my helmet, so I can go full bore with it as long as I need.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!