mtbr member

battery mounting to frame.....

odd, maybe not odd, question. just received my gemini duo light and it came with a velcro strap to mount to my frame, but i'm looking for something more substantial. it is the 4 cell battery, i have seen the lupine battery sleeve, is there anything else. what are you guys using. any input would be amazing. thank you in advance.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Nobody has any input? I thought for sure there'd be some chiming in as I'm sort of interested as well. I mount mine on my stem, I think it's 110mm. Couldn't do the same with the fiance's bike since her stem is too short, so we mounted it on the top tube right next to the seat post. She has to use the cable extension. We both are sporting gemini titan P7's (pretty much magicshines). I do augment the velcro battery strap with yet another velcro strap to make sure all is well and snug (live in Colorado where it's bumpy).
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just use the velcro and strap it to the top tube or seat post. I place a piece of inner tube between the battery and frame to prevent any slipping.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Iīm using a luggage strap, since the original velcro strap on the battery pack is worthless. A couple of (decent/good) velcro straps might be a good alternative though.

mtbr member
    I have stuck my battery inside a kids water bottle and just place it into the bottle cage. Sort of like this...
    Last edited by jetboy23; 12-05-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Image is not mine. Borrowed from the Net

mtbr member
    Backcountry Research - Makers of the AWESOME STRAPS

Get one of the Awesome Straps...that is what I use...doesn't budge.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    nice thanks. and nice stickel in the cover page.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member
    Some pretty damn genius ideas, especially the water bottle...nice.
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

moe.
    Sep 2005
    I have a 4 cell hard Gemini battery that I just used for the first time last night. I started with mounting it on the top tube and it move around and started to blemish the paint on the frame. Then I mounted it during the ride to the handle bar and it was less stable and scratched the bar-carbon. Next I will try to the frame but use some inner tube to prevent scratching and slippage.
    "These people take a dump thatís a bigger difference than the a 5 Spot and a Blur LTc." DT

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    I have stuck my battery inside a kids water bottle and just place it into the bottle cage. Sort of like this...
    I too had the same idea, and I keep keep my Gloworm battery in my bottle in exactly the same fashion. No worries about damaging the frame or finish either. I carry a Camel-back most ides anyway for water...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I use a RAY III and the battery is in a velcro pouch which get attached under front stem, the strap itself is about 4inch, this secure the battery pack very solidly to the stem. You can by Velcro from ebay in with of 2 or 4 inches to make your on strapping device to secure your battery

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just strap my gloworm battery to the top tube, sat on top of a bit of inner tube. The battery is completely sealed. Works fine