mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! BAJA DESIGNS suspends MTB lights

Sad to say that BD is longer carrying their bicycle light line. I wrote to them inquiring about future developments and received a reply back from Chris Itzania who informed me about the news.

Shannon Scott who was a huge interface between potential customers and actual light owners, both on and off e-forums, is also no longer working there.

I've been running their lights since 2010 and have all their models. A huge draw for me was the exceptional service they provided for a super rugged quality product with life time warranty and a product trade in program they always honoured.

Regardless I just wanted to say thank you for the years of support and VERY big thank you to Shannon in particular for making my night riding experiences a reality. I wish you the best in all future endeavours.

I like turtles
    Hard to compete with $38 wonder lights direct from China (see Yinding thread below).
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro are #@$%

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I looked into their Strykr SL last last year when it was on back order. They more or less at that time said they were getting out of the bike light business.

Fast forward to today, I am a proud owner of a Trail LED XXX.

mtbr member

I'm bummed out they dropped their bike line.

Quote Originally Posted by chromagftw View Post
    sad to say that bd is longer carrying their bicycle light line. I wrote to them inquiring about future developments and received a reply back from chris itzania who informed me about the news.

Shannon scott who was a huge interface between potential customers and actual light owners, both on and off e-forums, is also no longer working there.

I've been running their lights since 2010 and have all their models. A huge draw for me was the exceptional service they provided for a super rugged quality product with life time warranty and a product trade in program they always honoured.

Regardless i just wanted to say thank you for the years of support and very big thank you to shannon in particular for making my night riding experiences a reality. I wish you the best in all future endeavours.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ this^^^^^^^^
    Yes to all of the above. BD made Very High Quality lights, that they claim were designed to military specs.
    And yes, special thanks go out to Shannon as well.
    In addition to serving our country (Thank You Shannon) it turned out we were neighbors too.
    I guess I'll have to go on eBay or something to buy used, as I know it will be a good product that WILL WORK!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    anyone know what type of battery packs I can use with the BD lights? magicshine?