Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Baja Designs photo contest

Hey fellow night riders!

I just wanted to announce Baja Designs photo contest. One of the biggest challenges of my job is getting good night riding shots, we need good pictures for our packaging, website, Facebook page, brochures, etc.

To that end, it dawned on us a couple of weeks ago that all of you out there in MTBR-land could probably do a better job than one or two of us out on a night ride with our trusty iPhone cameras.

So, here's the deal. Each month for the next few months (January 1st, Febuary 1st, March 1st) we will award a Strykr or Strykr Pro each month to the photo that gets the most "Likes" on our Facebook fan page at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Baja-Designs-Bicycle-Lighting/150322801650861

Email your night riding pictures to Shannon@BajaDesigns.com and we will post them on our Facebook page. We'll give you the credit on the photo. The shots do not necessarily need to be of BajaDesigns light systems in use, we just think it'd be fun to see what everybody is up to out there!

Drop us a line if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Shannon Scott
    Baja Designs
    Bicycle Division
    www.BajaDesigns.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I like the crowdsourcing idea. I'm no photog, but good luck.

mtbr member
    Thanks Sleeveless, I just figure lot's of cameras are better than one, plus there will be shots of trails from other parts of the country/world.

mtbr member
    OK, here is my entry. I'm gonna pull some pics out of the video. The problem I had is going solo, my actual at night stuff was horrible. So I took these at dusk. It was dark way in the trails (needed the light) but I had to pick spots that were still a little lighter:

Riding my bike at Dusk from Clayton Petree on Vimeo.

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Clay, Very nice video bite. Looks very professional. That trail with the jumps looks sweet.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Thanks to Baja Designs & the" likes "from all my good friends I just won an awesome light set. Check it out
    http://www.facebook.com/bajadesigns.bicycle

mtbr member
    Congrats Tom, we are stoked for you, your new Strykr Pro is winging it's way to you as we speak!

We are having another photo contest this month, it could be the Month of the Clay, anybody going to challenge him??? There's your choice of a Strykr or Strykr Pro up for grabs!

Light freak
    Let's see the winning picture. Can you post it here?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scar
    Let's see the winning picture. Can you post it here?

Hi Scar, it's Tominpinson's shot. I put it up on our Facebook page, it really is a pretty cool shot, GTIClay had a great shot or two as well plus the video. I imagine Tom wouldn't mind, I will see if it's okay with him first.

Light freak
    Yeah, I saw his link but work blocks FaceBook.

mtbr member
    Clay`s photos are great. If I was not looking out for myself I would have liked his pic instead of my own. His video humbles me. My 3 sweet daughters took my photo and said dad we are going to help you win some lights. My middle daughter who took the photo may even give riding at night a try. I am a lucky guy.
    Enter and win you a set for yourslf, Tommy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tominpinson
    Clay`s photos are great. If I was not looking out for myself I would have liked his pic instead of my own. His video humbles me. My 3 sweet daughters took my photo and said dad we are going to help you win some lights. My middle daughter who took the photo may even give riding at night a try. I am a lucky guy.
    Enter and win you a set for yourslf, Tommy
    Hey Tommy, can you post your picture up here?

MTBR Member
    Shannon,

Do you need to be a facebook'er to get in on this contest? I sent over a photo yesterday, but haven't seen it posted up.

Thanks,
    Matt

mtbr member
    Hi Matt,

The photo contest is on the Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting Facebook fan page. I can actually put your photo up without you being a part of Facebook, you just send the photo(s) you'd like me to put up to my email and I'll take care of the rest. The "Likes" that people put on your photo will be counted regardless of whether or not you are actively on Facebook or not, just make sure to tell your riding buddies and friends to go to the page and "Like" your photo.

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Shannon

mtbr member
    Here is Ashley`s Photo. Glad we did Dec. This month has many good pics to compete with. The more friends you get to like Baja Designs bike lights on facebook & like your photo the better your chances. They have to do both. Half my friends got confused just liked the link I put up and that does not count. Lucky most figured it out.
    Good luck, Tommy

mtbr member
    Here is my pic that I want you all to go like. I am thinking of going out and trying it again in the pitch black. There's this fun jump that you probably catch about 12' of air on but it's so difficult to capture alone.

You have to go like Baja here before you like my photo

Link to Photo to like

"It looks flexy"

MTBR Member
    Shannon -

Thanks for getting my photo up! One thing though...you have the wrong name under my photo. I'm the one on the muddy SpecialEd. I would like to add that no trails were harmed in the making of this photograph - that mud was picked up through a new construction area; the trails were in great shape. Photo was taken on my neighborhood trail here in Chapel Hill, NC.

Thanks,
    Matt

If you like my photo, I would appreciate the "likes".....Baja Designs Bicycle Lighting Facebook Page

mtbr member
    I have a couple of new photos today, taken JUST before it got dark. I did some in the dark, but I need to figure out how to make them look OK. Bummer too, because it's a drop to berm thing that's real fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baja Designs photo contest-bobsa.jpg  

Baja Designs photo contest-bobsb.jpg  

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Tim asked a good question. He asked if the "Likes" for the photo's are accumulative, the answer is yes, they are.

If someone takes the time and makes the effort take more shots and send them in then they will theoretically get more "Likes". Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

mtbr member
    We have a new rule for the photo contest: each rider can enter up to five pictures per month.

We've had some amazing shots come in for the January contest, pretty impressive as night photos are very difficult to take.

If you'd like to see what I'm talking about here's the page:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon
    We have a new rule for the photo contest: each rider can enter up to five pictures per month.

We've had some amazing shots come in for the January contest, pretty impressive as night photos are very difficult to take.

If you'd like to see what I'm talking about here's the page:

Yeah, all my night photos look like a big black blob with a light in them. When I lighten them up with the photo program, they just look like it's day out. I'll post one later.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    Yeah, all my night photos look like a big black blob with a light in them. When I lighten them up with the photo program, they just look like it's day out. I'll post one later.
    I know what you are talking about Clay, it is super hard to get good night shots, apparently it is possible though. Perhaps I should have a contest and give away a Strykr to the person than can teach me how to take good night shots??

I finally got to watch your video, that trail looks like a blast! Lucky!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon
    I know what you are talking about Clay, it is super hard to get good night shots, apparently it is possible though. Perhaps I should have a contest and give away a Strykr to the person than can teach me how to take good night shots??

I finally got to watch your video, that trail looks like a blast! Lucky!
    Here is a dark photo I lightened up.... FAIL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baja Designs photo contest-1-28-2011_001.jpg  

"It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I like the design look of the Baja, pity it isn't available in the UK...

mtbr member
    Is that a Sasquatch or Clay flying through the forest on his mountainbike???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast