mtbr member

BAJA DESIGNS: mounts- QR, helmet and zip tie

I like the ziptie mount for what I do and the fact I can lock that thing down raunchy solid is a bonus but that's me and we need the extra bite regardless of having the inconvienance of cutting the zip ties.

So this is for everyone else and my wife who also prefers a qr mount. The new helmet mount is really nice i hard mounted one to my freeride lid and to my tld d2.

The nice thing is the tab strap on the rubber orings it is a very nice touch as well as super easy to grab with gloves. There's 2 sizes and I noticed the larger work great on the os bars but I opted to stretch the smaller one to see just how tight it would be to get on and off as well as movement... perfect.... things rocksolid either way and either one works great.

On the QR mount
    - The base has a rubber pad for the back of the light to sit on so no vibration to internals or vibration noise also keeps it from having random horizontal movement.
    - The nub also sits right under the light when it was mounted so its easy to access as well as doesnt protrude or hang out
    - The nub with the BD logo is a good thing, makes it SOOOO simple to get ahold of with ot without gloves on
    - The knob for the set screw to attach the light is really easy to use and grip with gloves on the trail as well, you can get a real bite to tighten it as well as the other mounts share the knob so its familiar accross the board everytime.
    - The base also has the rubber nub on the bottom to take shock from bars as well as noise and wiggling.

Helmet mount
    - The new mount is great small light and full adjustable
    - Same knob so its familair
    - Velcro strap included so you can attach it to helmet holes its semi low profile compared to a few Ive seen but not uber slim
    - It has 4 marker holes on underside should you want to drill and bolt it to a helmet (I did my hucker lid and D2 tld this wasy)
    - The up and down adjustment is easy to move and literally is SOLID SOLID SOLID when screwed down I have ridden hard and nasty and so far its not come loose or tweaked even when I crashed and went through bushes...

Zip tie bar mount
    - SOLID and a TIGHT grab
    FOR DH and crashing this one ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics courtesy of the droid X LOL does pretty good...

HELMET MOUNT - QUICK RELEASE - ZIP TIE

2 Orings with nubs

Full QR set up

Mounted

Rubber pad in center of mount goes through to the bars as well for noise, vibration and to keep the light solid and not wiggling all over..

Stryker

Stryker pro

Helmet mount ROCK SOLID NO WIGGLING!!! LOVE THIS MOUNT AS WELL!
    Last edited by bullcrew; 12-24-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Updated with more pics and info... Did it all on the droid X earlier at work so now a bit more info...
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Where can I order the new mounts?
    Tom

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I haven't seen the new mount on the website yet. I contacted Shannon by email to order mine, but you could call Baja Designs, number is on their website.

mtbr member
    I called in, yeah the new mounts are great I hard mounted the helmet mount with small electrical nut/bolt and loc tite as I just pull the light and hinge off leaving the main part of the mount... The velcro is good, I dont plan on swapping em etc. Im too lazy let them stay and Ill use em when needed...

Call him he'll take care of it...

HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS/GALS!!!!!!
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Actually, the new mounts are on their website - item 63-0046.

I stuck with the zip tie mount since I felt it might be more secure on my rigid SS... After a few rock gardens, it hasn't budged a bit
    It's better to burn out than fade away

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paydirt
    Actually, the new mounts are on their website - item 63-0046.

I stuck with the zip tie mount since I felt it might be more secure on my rigid SS... After a few rock gardens, it hasn't budged a bit
    You are a wildman Paydirt with your rigid SS, that's awesome, I am not nearly tough enough for that! I am glad the standard mount is working for you, that's got to be some pretty incredible vibration.

You are correct, the new QR mount is available on the website, item 63-0046 and the new low-profile breakaway helmet mount is part number 63-0044. If anybody is wondering why the Strykr Pro is $44.95 more expensive than the Strykr it's because of those two parts.