I like the ziptie mount for what I do and the fact I can lock that thing down raunchy solid is a bonus but that's me and we need the extra bite regardless of having the inconvienance of cutting the zip ties.
So this is for everyone else and my wife who also prefers a qr mount. The new helmet mount is really nice i hard mounted one to my freeride lid and to my tld d2.
The nice thing is the tab strap on the rubber orings it is a very nice touch as well as super easy to grab with gloves. There's 2 sizes and I noticed the larger work great on the os bars but I opted to stretch the smaller one to see just how tight it would be to get on and off as well as movement... perfect.... things rocksolid either way and either one works great.
On the QR mount
- The base has a rubber pad for the back of the light to sit on so no vibration to internals or vibration noise also keeps it from having random horizontal movement.
- The nub also sits right under the light when it was mounted so its easy to access as well as doesnt protrude or hang out
- The nub with the BD logo is a good thing, makes it SOOOO simple to get ahold of with ot without gloves on
- The knob for the set screw to attach the light is really easy to use and grip with gloves on the trail as well, you can get a real bite to tighten it as well as the other mounts share the knob so its familiar accross the board everytime.
- The base also has the rubber nub on the bottom to take shock from bars as well as noise and wiggling.
- The new mount is great small light and full adjustable
- Same knob so its familair
- Velcro strap included so you can attach it to helmet holes its semi low profile compared to a few Ive seen but not uber slim
- It has 4 marker holes on underside should you want to drill and bolt it to a helmet (I did my hucker lid and D2 tld this wasy)
- The up and down adjustment is easy to move and literally is SOLID SOLID SOLID when screwed down I have ridden hard and nasty and so far its not come loose or tweaked even when I crashed and went through bushes...
Zip tie bar mount
- SOLID and a TIGHT grab
FOR DH and crashing this one ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pics courtesy of the droid X LOL does pretty good...
HELMET MOUNT - QUICK RELEASE - ZIP TIE
2 Orings with nubs
Full QR set up
Rubber pad in center of mount goes through to the bars as well for noise, vibration and to keep the light solid and not wiggling all over..
Helmet mount ROCK SOLID NO WIGGLING!!! LOVE THIS MOUNT AS WELL!
Results 1 to 7 of 7