mtbr member

Baja Designs batteries work with MS heads!

So Rhino, a buddy of mine in AZ, emailed me yesterday to let me know that his Magic Shine head works with his Baja Designs Strykr battery. I did a little test myself at the plush and well lit Baja Designs HQ and it turns out that Rhino was right, our battery did work with the Magic Shine system. The plugs fit well and all of the functions worked - we have the MS model that has four or five different modes.

Normally our battery retails for $109.95 and the 2.5hr smart charger goes for $19.95, but if you have a MS system that you'd like to replace the battery on we'll get you the battery and charger for $100. The battery would still come with the 2 year warranty and the charger is warrantied for life.

I know that is more than the entire system costs but, you would have your MS back up and running with a military spec super tough battery, and have Baja Designs awesome warranty backing you up.

We also have a trade-in special specifically for MS owners: $144.95 credit towards a Strykr Pro, this would bring the price of that system to $200! (MSRP is $344.95) The Strykr Pro system comes with a lifetime warranty on the light head and all of the electronics and 2 years on the battery.

If you'd like to learn more drop me a line at Shannon@Baja Designs, the Strykr Pro and MS replacement battery kits are currently in stock. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

PS - Just so you all know, we are not working with Magic Shine or anyone else on this.

mtbr member
    +1
    love having more options
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

Rhino
    To add onto Shannon's post:

Thought I would share some of my bike light discovery regarding the BD batteries.

Both Bikeray and Magicshine heads fit the BD battery connections.

Bikeray
    BD batt illuminates the switch green, but the light will not turn on. Pushing switch does nothing. Using the extension cable does nothing.

Magicshine (tested two different heads)
    The BD batt illuminates the switch green. Pushing the switch makes LED strike then shuts off, then the switch light turns off. But...if the extension cable is used, the MS functions with the BD battery.

Interesting. Of course if you just use the intended battery for the intended product you don't have to worry about this. Just sharing some info.

Your miles may vary.

I emailed both Shannon and GeoMan Gear. My observation was if someone already owned a MS light and wanted to get a BD light, or already owned a BD light and wanted to get a MS light...their batteries might be interchangeable.

mtbr member
    I have the same issue using niterider halogens and lith batteries with protection boards,some work some don't,,, I think it has something to do with the start up current draw and shutting down the protection circuit..
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    I have the same issue using niterider halogens and lith batteries with protection boards,some work some don't,,, I think it has something to do with the start up current draw and shutting down the protection circuit..
    I think you are correct Rakuman, I tried the MS heads we had with and without extension cords and it worked either way.

The only real question might be overall life span for the electronics in the MS head, running a more powerful battery may eventually fry everything if there is no thermal regulation, it may vary from model to model with the MS systems. Either way, I'll still give someone the battery deal or complete trade-in deal if they'd like to go that route.

Thanks for the info Rhino. Like Rakuman said, options are a good thing.