SoCal mtbr

Ay Up Lights or Cygolite Mitycross 350?

As the ttle states, I'm looking at the 2 for my night riding option. I'll have 2 of each (one for the handlebar and one for the helmet) when I do purchase. They are about the same price, weight and lumens. Does anyone have experience with these lights? I would really like to hear your opinions. The Ay Up lights seem pretty cool and they are guaranteed from breaking. Their website says "If you break them we will replace them". That's a pretty bold statement to make! The Cygolite will be bought from REI so they will basically have the same guarantee since REI has a 100% return guarantee on all their products without a time limit.

If there are other lighting options that I have over looked, please let me know. Please keep in mind that my budget is about $450 total, the light unit needs to be small and weigh very little.

Thanks for the input!

Steve
    Last edited by arashi; 10-13-2009 at 10:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arashi
    As the ttle states, I'm looking at the 2 for my night riding option. I'll have 2 of each (one for the handlebar and one for the helmet) when I do purchase. They are about the same price, weight and lumens. Does anyone have experience with these lights? I would really like to hear your opinions. The Ay Up lights seem pretty cool and they are guaranteed from breaking. Their website says "If you break them we will replace them". That's a pretty bold statement to make! The Cygolite will be bought from REI so they will basically have the same guarantee since REI has a 100% return guarantee on all their products without a time limit.

If there are other lighting options that I have over looked, please let me know. Please keep in mind that my budget is about $450 total, the light unit needs to be small and weigh very little.

Thanks for the input!

Steve
    I just bought the Mitycross 350. It's so tiny - you just can't tell how small it is from the pictures. I looked at the ay-up and the mitycross is significantly smaller and I think it would be better on the helmet. Maybe you should check one out at REI to see what I mean. It's super bright too.
    "It looks flexy"