Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 94
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    Xeccon, lighting the way-- 2013 XECCON Global Lighting Exposure

    Organizer: XECCON / Strivers Holdings Co., Ltd.

    Theme: promoting a healthy lifestyle through cycling, day or night. Cycling is a low impact sport not only beneficial to the health of the rider but also a great form of recreational fitness & commuter transport. Moreover global environment benefits from reducing the need for fossil fuel hence reduction in carbon pollution. This benefits everyone. With increasing use of commuter bikes around the world, it is also our aim to improve safety by promoting higher visibility and safety.

    Xeccon’s higher end performance bike lights are used for night riding and racing. With increasing popularity of night and endurance races, Xeccon now actively sponsoring solo and team efforts globally.

    Target users: Recreational, commuter, amateur and professional racing competitors

    Target countries: Worldwide

    Search duration: Aug 1st to Sep 1st 2013

    Sponsorship: bike lights and accessories

    Sponsorship scope:
    1. Xeccon will supply free products to at least 20 riders in every country.
    To qualify for sponsorship, applicants need to fill in the application form stating their experience and/or team information and agree to the terms and conditions of this sponsorship/user review
    2. Xeccon will send items to approved applicants.
    3. For your part, he/she needs to post review in either forums and/or blogs. Her/she may also post their experiences in Facebook or other social media. YouTube or Vimeo uploads of your rides with links and address reference to info@xeccon.com . with name and sponsorship/reviewer reference.

    Requirements and Terms & Condition notes:
    A)Fill in the application and survey form.
    B)Review and post reviews
    C)Upload ride experience or video review
    D)Share user and riding tips where possible

    Application form, please contact at faye@xeccon.com

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure-5.jpg
    Last edited by XecconLight; 07-25-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    Today, I already sent out two application forms, one from Canada, the other is unknown yet. I hope that I will get more inquiries for the application forms in the following days, the time is very short for apply these free items, it only available in Aug 1st to Sep 1st 2013.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    Xeccon Light factory will send out the first batch of the free lights to users for experience Xeccon lights' quality in 6th August, these days, I got a lot of users' application forms from this forum and the other published texts, welcome more professional riders or racers to experience Xeccon Light!
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    370
    Xeccon + mtbRevolution are sponsoring a 15yo pocket rocket in endurance racing. This guy races at elite men level. Results over the last weekend is second overall in the solo classification for the night and day race. Details later. He will also be at the Scott 25 as part of a six man team. This wunderkid will be a future elite cyclist. We will reveal him in due time.

    We are also sponsoring two riders in the WEMBO 2013. One of them in an amateur rider who competed in last years Scott 24 and the Mont 24 earlier this year in the solo classification. The other is a top 10 solo finisher. We are furnishing them with S12 Twos and Sogn 900s - primary and back-ups with heaps of batteries so none of them will ever need charging facilities.

    For Australian riders, mtbRevolution has been recruiting and will be looking after their requirements and needs including jerseys etc. Xeccon is playing a very big role in providing product assistance and advertising. Riders from other countries will either be supported by their local Xeccon authorised seller or through directly from Xeccon.

    Leonard
    Last edited by mtbRevolution; 07-30-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: typo
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42

    Hope

    Recently, I got a lot of inquiries from America riders/cyclists and Australia riders/cyclists, but there is no British riders/cyclist I hope that if who can help to recruit some British riders/cyclists, it will be thankful.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378
    Hi Faye I've requested an aplication form. fingers crossed i can be your first uk memeber

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    370

    Xeccon Sponsored Australian riders

    Hi all,

    We have three new Australian competitors for the WEMBO and Scott 25 this year. With Faye's help, we are able to kit these verifiable race competitors with enough batteries to last through the night + 30% and identical redundancy sets, and accessories so they can take on these grueling races in October. This is our intro page to Xeccon + mtbRevolution's race competitors.

    Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    You are close to the our first UK member, top five.
    Come on! UK member, hope get more and more....
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    Hi Faye I've requested an aplication form. fingers crossed i can be your first uk memeber
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    Thanks a lot for all the riders, cyclists and racers' supporting!
    The first batch candidates are ready, I will show the selected list in following. We probably divide this exposure into about five batches, so it will last a while, while still welcome new applicants.

    US A.W.
    AU C.J.
    US J.T.
    UK J.B.
    UK M.K.
    BE F.S.
    USA E.S.
    AU I.B.
    NL M.B.
    UK Richard
    US Laura
    US S.B.
    IE R.C.
    IE L.P.
    IE M.U.
    IE S.D.
    IE F.K.
    US Stefan
    US Mark
    RU P.S.
    UA S.A.
    ZA G.B.
    ZA S. V.
    TR F.B.
    IT S.B.
    IT E. I.
    IT M.C.
    IT E.M.
    IT A.f.
    IT P.L.
    DK T. H.

    Sorry, before I put the full name there, thanks a lot for Leonard's kindly reminder, now, I only offer the short for the name.
    Last edited by XecconLight; 08-23-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378
    cool beans thanks guys

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    49
    Thank you, Looking forward to seeing the lights you send.
    Follow me on Twitter @OnOneCarbon456

    Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    11
    So how's this going, has anyone received any lights? At least on this part of the world the dark riding season is already starting. I'm looking for a reasonably priced helmet and bar light combo, but reviews of the recent Xeccon lights are hard to find. I'd especially like to see Sogn properly reviewed by someone not immediately affiliated with the brand.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    I know ononecarbon and I are both waiting patiently for them to arrive. Still no idea what they are sending or if they've even been sent.

    But we're excited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6
    Hello from belgium. Received mine this morning! A Spyker 1211 and a Sogn 900. Spyker 1211 On the helmet and Sogn On the bike should be a complete setup. Cant wait to test this. I have no technical equipment to test this. Only some Other lights to compare it to. An somewhat older hope and 2 cheaper Chinese lights.

    Any hints and requests on the review i'm going to write?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    11
    If you have a decent camera, some beamshots with settings close to MTBR light shootout settings would be nice. Also running time test, perhaps something about ease of installation and how you feel about the build quality.

    I don't really expect you to do all that of course, but few words about how the lights feel in practice would be nice

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Ferro View Post
    Hello from belgium. Received mine this morning! A Spyker 1211 and a Sogn 900. Spyker 1211 On the helmet and Sogn On the bike should be a complete setup. Cant wait to test this. I have no technical equipment to test this. Only some Other lights to compare it to. An somewhat older hope and 2 cheaper Chinese lights.

    Any hints and requests on the review i'm going to write?
    Is the Sogn 900 the wireless version? Interested to know how well it works. They should make one for helmet lights which would make more sence since you would no longer need to take your hands off the handle bar when you want to change modes.
    "By Your Command"

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Projektio View Post
    If you have a decent camera, some beamshots with settings close to MTBR light shootout settings would be nice. Also running time test, perhaps something about ease of installation and how you feel about the build quality.

    I don't really expect you to do all that of course, but few words about how the lights feel in practice would be nice
    First of all, I wanted to post pictures. But its a good idea to mimic the MTBR light shoutout settings. So have to look them up.

    I will make some pictures of the package and the lights also. I can tell you the build is better than the no name chinese. The lights, that is. There are two different batteries. One lookes very professional (branded samsung) waterresistant wrap. The other, bigger one, looks more like my cheaper chinese batteries. The same is true for the chargers.

    Butt I'll save other details for my first review.

    All the other things you mention are allready on the checklist.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by pucked up View Post
    Is the Sogn 900 the wireless version? Interested to know how well it works. They should make one for helmet lights which would make more sence since you would no longer need to take your hands off the handle bar when you want to change modes.
    Yes if you mean the remote version. With an extra button that you can install closer to the handle. But not wireless? I don't understand how a bike light would be wireless?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    Check out exposures new equinox light and you'll under stand wireless. But it's expensive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    Check out exposures new equinox light and you'll under stand wireless. But it's expensive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Ok. Well, never seen this remote before, and found it also at the lupine website. Looks cool. But the "remote" on this light is just a wired button. And the wire is too short to use it if installed on a helmet.

    As you mention, I think it's a complete different pricetag.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    Double post deleted.
    Last edited by spankone; 09-02-2013 at 01:21 PM.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    Deleted.
    Last edited by spankone; 09-02-2013 at 01:21 PM.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    Wow tbh I'm amazed they've squeezed this fictionality in at this price.

    http://www.mtbrevolution.com/index.p...product_id=241

    Proper wireless remote.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378
    oh dear, I love the look and the feel of the lights but that User interface is disappointing.

    turns on/hi/med/low/strobe/off then repeat. its crying out for a smarter UI and a nicer 6xcell pack.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    Hi All,

    All the items almost sent out now, only a few meet a battery problem in Customs, it was returned, we will re-send these days soon, so, I hope that you all will get them recently, and the second batch list will be coming in next Thursday, I will list here too.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8
    My xeccon Geinea I (front & rear light setup) arrived this week and I managed to get out today with it in typical Irish weather, cold and wet, so first test passed - they are waterproof! First impressions are very good. its pretty quick to get the lights setup and they are blindingly bright for their size.

    I'll be posting a more detailed review over the coming days.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1
    Hello,

    I got my Spiker 1207 last week,
    I have to say im very impressed with cary case and light itself, so far so good, 2000 lumens is very powerfull.
    I will post more review and photos later on once i can say more about it.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XecconLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by pucked up View Post
    Is the Sogn 900 the wireless version? Interested to know how well it works. They should make one for helmet lights which would make more sence since you would no longer need to take your hands off the handle bar when you want to change modes.
    Good idea for the helmet lights of the Sogn 900 wireless, if you get an extra helmet strap and a back-up of O-ring mount, it can be used as helmet light.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by XecconLight View Post
    Hi All, the second batch list will be coming in next Thursday, I will list here too.
    So how's this coming along? It's also awfully quiet on the review front, any chance of getting links to the reviews done by the first batch? It's light season already here, and I still need to buy a new helmet light. S12 seems like a good alternative.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    Be patient. I've only had my light a week or so. I need to fiddle with them the edit footage and upload. These things don't happen over night. First impressions are ok. They are nice solid lights but they do have their draw backs. Like the button stitching to high medium strobe and off plunging you into darkness. The mounts are nice. But I hate that I can't remove the wired in remote switch on the sogn 900.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure










    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    49
    Do you have a list of names who has been sent the second batch?
    Follow me on Twitter @OnOneCarbon456

    Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by ononecarbon456 View Post
    Do you have a list of names who has been sent the second batch?
    I will jump in since Faye is at Interbike now. She's the one managing this and may not check mtbr for the next few days. I know they had problems with batteries going to some countries and some sets were returned. Easiest nowadays is UK, AU and most of Europe except Russia. If you are in the US , its a challenge. Can be hit or miss.

    Xeccon will do their best to get the sets to all on the list quickly. I can promise this on their behalf.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    I have been fortunate enough to have been sent the Geinea I (front and rear) and II for testing.

    Using an Integrating sphere I have the following headline ANSI output figures:

    Geinea I White - 535lm
    Geinea I Red - 162lm


    Geinea II White - 1156lm


    I've also completed runtime traces which show good regulation throughout the run (more on that in the final reviews).

    Part of the reason for posting in this thread is to start getting some opinions and feedback for these lights.

    So far I am very impressed, but there is one fundamental criticism I would like Xeccon to address - that of parasitic drain. When the battery is connected, the electronic switch and driver circuit starts to draw power. The 'parasitic drain' current is quite high (so far I've managed to blow my mA meter trying to measure it) meaning that if you leave the battery connected for a few days of a couple of weeks, it runs down without being used. I would like to see a master OFF switch to disconnect the battery as right now I have to pull the battery connector off.

    That said, the features and performance are very good. Much more detail in the final review
    Last edited by subwoofer; 09-24-2013 at 02:04 AM.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

    My major compliant is the UI. Why on earth do I have to cycle through all the modes and off to go back to high mode.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    My major compliant is the UI. Why on earth do I have to cycle through all the modes and off to go back to high mode.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Perhaps a master OFF switch would address that issue (as long as the driver circuit has no mode memory). When I get home I'll try pulling the power connector apart when on, reconnect and see which mode comes on first.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spankone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    378
    I doubt they are that smart, it seems they can build nice lights with good mounts but just screwy UI's really lets down what could be a good light

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
    ...but there is one fundamental criticism I would like Xeccon to address - that of parasitic drain. When the battery is connected, the electronic switch and driver circuit starts to draw power. The 'parasitic drain' current is quite high (so far I've managed to blow my mA meter trying to measure it) meaning that if you leave the battery connected for a few days of a couple of weeks, it runs down without being used. I would like to see a master OFF switch to disconnect the battery as right now I have to pull the battery connector off.
    Hi subwoofer, welcome to mtbr. I've read your reviews on Bikeforums and CPF including Xeccon reviews last year. Your reviews are quite comprehensive and give a balanced view of pro and cons from a performance point of view compared to other lights in their class.

    Since Faye isn't around to answer questions as promptly as possible, I will chime in on what you said about parasitic drain. I can't help but notice you have an o-ring mount on the Geinea II. This tells me you had it long before August last month. Reason I say this is, there were a few updates to Xeccon's lights since then. Battery indicator lights on switches are off, even when battery is connected with post early Aug lights. It only comes on when the light is turned on. The switch indicator light will turn off as soon as the light is turned off. I'd be surprised if there was still parasitic drain. This has now been applied across the board with all Xeccon's lights. Second tell-tale if it's a newer version is the 6 strobes per second battery warning indicator turns red or flashing red. There is no hint of darkness in between the six strobes. The much slower 3-strobe battery warning is history. Also, the Geinea II looks physically the same except for the alloy camlock mounting similar to the Sogns.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    Hi subwoofer, welcome to mtbr. I've read your reviews on Bikeforums and CPF including Xeccon reviews last year. Your reviews are quite comprehensive and give a balanced view of pro and cons from a performance point of view compared to other lights in their class.

    Since Faye isn't around to answer questions as promptly as possible, I will chime in on what you said about parasitic drain. I can't help but notice you have an o-ring mount on the Geinea II. This tells me you had it long before August last month. Reason I say this is, there were a few updates to Xeccon's lights since then. Battery indicator lights on switches are off, even when battery is connected with post early Aug lights. It only comes on when the light is turned on. The switch indicator light will turn off as soon as the light is turned off. I'd be surprised if there was still parasitic drain. This has now been applied across the board with all Xeccon's lights. Second tell-tale if it's a newer version is the 6 strobes per second battery warning indicator turns red or flashing red. There is no hint of darkness in between the six strobes. The much slower 3-strobe battery warning is history. Also, the Geinea II looks physically the same except for the alloy camlock mounting similar to the Sogns.
    Thanks for your fast reply.

    I too thought it strange that I had an o-ring mount rather than the camlock, especially since I have had it for less than a week now. It sounds as if I have an odd hybrid as the battery status light does only show when the main beam is on.

    Regarding the parasitic drain, on the other Xeccon lights which had the battery status light on permanently (which these don't), the drain was very bad, but even now it appears to be quite high.

    I've had trouble measuring it as of my three test meters, one can give misleading readings if there is noise in the power usage (in this case it shows either 0.39mA and 3.9uA depending on the scale used - which does not translate as it should either be 0.39mA and 390uA or 0.0039mA and 3.9uA) so these results cannot be trusted, a second meter which reads only mA up to 600mA and when using this the alarm sounds for high current, and finally one with mA and uA with a 600mA fuse which has blown during the measurements. So these lights have proven the most stubborn ever to try and measure the drain on!!

    One other observation that comes to mind is that the Geinea uses an 8.4V pack and the Geinea II a 12.6V pack. Previously all the Xeccon lights I've tested have had 8.4V packs and all been interchangeable. Now I'm wondering if the Geinea I will survive having the 12.6V pack connected, and if the Geinea II will run on the 8.4V pack (and if the input specifications of these lights allow for this range of voltages - would be handy if they did).

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
    Thanks for your fast reply.

    I too thought it strange that I had an o-ring mount rather than the camlock, especially since I have had it for less than a week now. It sounds as if I have an odd hybrid as the battery status light does only show when the main beam is on.

    Regarding the parasitic drain, on the other Xeccon lights which had the battery status light on permanently (which these don't), the drain was very bad, but even now it appears to be quite high.

    I've had trouble measuring it as of my three test meters, one can give misleading readings if there is noise in the power usage (in this case it shows either 0.39mA and 3.9uA depending on the scale used - which does not translate as it should either be 0.39mA and 390uA or 0.0039mA and 3.9uA) so these results cannot be trusted, a second meter which reads only mA up to 600mA and when using this the alarm sounds for high current, and finally one with mA and uA with a 600mA fuse which has blown during the measurements. So these lights have proven the most stubborn ever to try and measure the drain on!!

    One other observation that comes to mind is that the Geinea uses an 8.4V pack and the Geinea II a 12.6V pack. Previously all the Xeccon lights I've tested have had 8.4V packs and all been interchangeable. Now I'm wondering if the Geinea I will survive having the 12.6V pack connected, and if the Geinea II will run on the 8.4V pack (and if the input specifications of these lights allow for this range of voltages - would be handy if they did).
    I should be staying out of this thread as it's for reviews from others who received lights for the Global Lighting Exposure. However since there are questions in your reply I will do my best to answer them.

    I'm not sure if you have the latest version but if you said you only had it for less than a week, then you should have been the updated version. When was it actually shipped? The o-ring mount inclusion is a mystery to me. Faye was away at Eurobike just over a week ago and someone else may have been arranging some shipments including yours. A mistake may be made here. The alloy camlock is a definite inclusion. Have you checked if it has 6 fast strobes or the old 3 strobe battery warning when it turns red or flashing red?

    Are you saying there is still parasitic drain with the battery status light off? In my experience, most bike lights will have parasitic drain when the connectors are connected but to what degree is the question. Your point on convenience is shared by others. There's been discussion about adding switches at the connectors but you really don't want to go down some rock garden and have that switch hit by a knee or the switch click off when it hits the bike frame. I suggested a twist switch but really, it's easier to disconnect when not using for over 24 hours. There's an old saying. For every extra saint, there is a corresponding devil.

    Ahh, the joys of having a mix of 12.6V and 8.4V battery packs. I thought those were only with Bikeray IV. Using a 8.4V light head with a 12V battery seems ok. I say seem because I don't know if there's long term damage using them this way. If you plug them together it seems to work fine and output is about the same as using 8.4V packs. Do the reverse and you have a very dim 12V light head. The Hi will look like Lo. Now, I am quite sure this won't harm the light head.

    Please do a runtime test with the Geinea II. See if it gets you 3 hours 5 mins or thereabouts with the 12.6V 5.2AH battery.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    Are you saying there is still parasitic drain with the battery status light off?


    Please do a runtime test with the Geinea II. See if it gets you 3 hours 5 mins or thereabouts with the 12.6V 5.2AH battery.
    Yes, and 2h9m for Geinea II before it cuts out.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
    Yes, and 2h9m for Geinea II before it cuts out.
    Best you send Faye an e-mail regarding this light you have. The runtime is almost an hour less than my runtime for a 12.6V 5.2AH battery.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    Best you send Faye an e-mail...
    It seems like Faye is very busy and may need an assistant. I would like to be that assistant!!!
    "By Your Command"

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbRevolution View Post
    Best you send Faye an e-mail regarding this light you have. The runtime is almost an hour less than my runtime for a 12.6V 5.2AH battery.
    Will do.

    One of my concerns about the 12.6V pack is that it means the cells are in 3S2P compared to the 8.4V pack being 2S3P. The result of this is that cell balancing becomes more critical and if one cell is weak, the overall impact on performance will be much larger.

    I'll do a repeat or two when I get a chance.

    On another note, I have a photo to post here to give Xeccon something to think on:

    Can you see what I mean?


  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
    Will do.

    One of my concerns about the 12.6V pack is that it means the cells are in 3S2P compared to the 8.4V pack being 2S3P. The result of this is that cell balancing becomes more critical and if one cell is weak, the overall impact on performance will be much larger.

    I'll do a repeat or two when I get a chance.

    On another note, I have a photo to post here to give Xeccon something to think on:

    Can you see what I mean?

    Wow...that must be blinding for you?
    "By Your Command"

  47. #47
    Bike Snob
    Reputation: can't get right's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Look what showed up last night. The lights look the business, reviews to follow. Thanks Xeccon.

    Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure-wp_20130918_002.jpg

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,629
    Just chiming in, I received a Spiker 1210 for testing yesterday. (Thanks!) I look forward to providing some detailed insights about my experience with it. It's just getting dark earlier around here so timing is perfect as the night riding season begins!

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Geinea II review posted:

    Xeccon Geinea II bicycle light (6x18650 pack)


    As an additional note, not being so well known on mtbr, I would like to point out that I am a totally independent reviewer, testing products in my spare time (I work in IT for a living) and am not in any way affiliated with Xeccon, I just happen to have previously tested some of their lights amongst many many others.

    See here:

    Subwoofer's Flashlight reviews

    and here for a list of my other reviews

    Subwoofer's Reviews
    Last edited by subwoofer; 09-24-2013 at 02:27 AM.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: subwoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29
    Last edited by subwoofer; 09-24-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Introducing Xeccon + mtbRevolution
    By XecconLight in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 09:06 AM
  2. User Review: Xeccon S-12 ( Cree U2 )
    By Cat-man-do in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM
  3. Review: Xeccon America Speed I
    By colleen c in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 04:30 PM
  4. Xeccon+mtbRevolution Midnight Specials
    By mtbRevolution in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 09:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •