Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

Xeccon, lighting the way-- 2013 XECCON Global Lighting Exposure

Organizer: XECCON / Strivers Holdings Co., Ltd.

Theme: promoting a healthy lifestyle through cycling, day or night. Cycling is a low impact sport not only beneficial to the health of the rider but also a great form of recreational fitness & commuter transport. Moreover global environment benefits from reducing the need for fossil fuel hence reduction in carbon pollution. This benefits everyone. With increasing use of commuter bikes around the world, it is also our aim to improve safety by promoting higher visibility and safety.

Xeccon’s higher end performance bike lights are used for night riding and racing. With increasing popularity of night and endurance races, Xeccon now actively sponsoring solo and team efforts globally.

Target users: Recreational, commuter, amateur and professional racing competitors

Target countries: Worldwide

Search duration: Aug 1st to Sep 1st 2013

Sponsorship: bike lights and accessories

Sponsorship scope:
    1. Xeccon will supply free products to at least 20 riders in every country.
    To qualify for sponsorship, applicants need to fill in the application form stating their experience and/or team information and agree to the terms and conditions of this sponsorship/user review
    2. Xeccon will send items to approved applicants.
    3. For your part, he/she needs to post review in either forums and/or blogs. Her/she may also post their experiences in Facebook or other social media. YouTube or Vimeo uploads of your rides with links and address reference to info@xeccon.com . with name and sponsorship/reviewer reference.

Requirements and Terms & Condition notes:
    A)Fill in the application and survey form.
    B)Review and post reviews
    C)Upload ride experience or video review
    D)Share user and riding tips where possible

Application form, please contact at faye@xeccon.com

Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure-5.jpg
    Last edited by XecconLight; 07-25-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

mtbr member
    Today, I already sent out two application forms, one from Canada, the other is unknown yet. I hope that I will get more inquiries for the application forms in the following days, the time is very short for apply these free items, it only available in Aug 1st to Sep 1st 2013.

mtbr member
    Xeccon Light factory will send out the first batch of the free lights to users for experience Xeccon lights' quality in 6th August, these days, I got a lot of users' application forms from this forum and the other published texts, welcome more professional riders or racers to experience Xeccon Light!

mtbr member
    Xeccon + mtbRevolution are sponsoring a 15yo pocket rocket in endurance racing. This guy races at elite men level. Results over the last weekend is second overall in the solo classification for the night and day race. Details later. He will also be at the Scott 25 as part of a six man team. This wunderkid will be a future elite cyclist. We will reveal him in due time.

We are also sponsoring two riders in the WEMBO 2013. One of them in an amateur rider who competed in last years Scott 24 and the Mont 24 earlier this year in the solo classification. The other is a top 10 solo finisher. We are furnishing them with S12 Twos and Sogn 900s - primary and back-ups with heaps of batteries so none of them will ever need charging facilities.

For Australian riders, mtbRevolution has been recruiting and will be looking after their requirements and needs including jerseys etc. Xeccon is playing a very big role in providing product assistance and advertising. Riders from other countries will either be supported by their local Xeccon authorised seller or through directly from Xeccon.

Leonard
    Last edited by mtbRevolution; 07-30-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: typo
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member

Hope

Recently, I got a lot of inquiries from America riders/cyclists and Australia riders/cyclists, but there is no British riders/cyclist I hope that if who can help to recruit some British riders/cyclists, it will be thankful.

mtbr member
    Hi Faye I've requested an aplication form. fingers crossed i can be your first uk memeber

mtbr member

Xeccon Sponsored Australian riders

Hi all,

We have three new Australian competitors for the WEMBO and Scott 25 this year. With Faye's help, we are able to kit these verifiable race competitors with enough batteries to last through the night + 30% and identical redundancy sets, and accessories so they can take on these grueling races in October. This is our intro page to Xeccon + mtbRevolution's race competitors.

Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    You are close to the our first UK member, top five.
    Come on! UK member, hope get more and more....
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    Hi Faye I've requested an aplication form. fingers crossed i can be your first uk memeber

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot for all the riders, cyclists and racers' supporting!
    The first batch candidates are ready, I will show the selected list in following. We probably divide this exposure into about five batches, so it will last a while, while still welcome new applicants.

US A.W.
    AU C.J.
    US J.T.
    UK J.B.
    UK M.K.
    BE F.S.
    USA E.S.
    AU I.B.
    NL M.B.
    UK Richard
    US Laura
    US S.B.
    IE R.C.
    IE L.P.
    IE M.U.
    IE S.D.
    IE F.K.
    US Stefan
    US Mark
    RU P.S.
    UA S.A.
    ZA G.B.
    ZA S. V.
    TR F.B.
    IT S.B.
    IT E. I.
    IT M.C.
    IT E.M.
    IT A.f.
    IT P.L.
    DK T. H.

Sorry, before I put the full name there, thanks a lot for Leonard's kindly reminder, now, I only offer the short for the name.
    Last edited by XecconLight; 08-23-2013 at 02:39 AM.

mtbr member
    cool beans thanks guys

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thank you, Looking forward to seeing the lights you send.
    Follow me on Twitter @OnOneCarbon456

Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    So how's this going, has anyone received any lights? At least on this part of the world the dark riding season is already starting. I'm looking for a reasonably priced helmet and bar light combo, but reviews of the recent Xeccon lights are hard to find. I'd especially like to see Sogn properly reviewed by someone not immediately affiliated with the brand.

mtbr member

I know ononecarbon and I are both waiting patiently for them to arrive. Still no idea what they are sending or if they've even been sent.

But we're excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hello from belgium. Received mine this morning! A Spyker 1211 and a Sogn 900. Spyker 1211 On the helmet and Sogn On the bike should be a complete setup. Cant wait to test this. I have no technical equipment to test this. Only some Other lights to compare it to. An somewhat older hope and 2 cheaper Chinese lights.

Any hints and requests on the review i'm going to write?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    If you have a decent camera, some beamshots with settings close to MTBR light shootout settings would be nice. Also running time test, perhaps something about ease of installation and how you feel about the build quality.

I don't really expect you to do all that of course, but few words about how the lights feel in practice would be nice

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Ferro View Post
    Hello from belgium. Received mine this morning! A Spyker 1211 and a Sogn 900. Spyker 1211 On the helmet and Sogn On the bike should be a complete setup. Cant wait to test this. I have no technical equipment to test this. Only some Other lights to compare it to. An somewhat older hope and 2 cheaper Chinese lights.

Any hints and requests on the review i'm going to write?
    Is the Sogn 900 the wireless version? Interested to know how well it works. They should make one for helmet lights which would make more sence since you would no longer need to take your hands off the handle bar when you want to change modes.
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Projektio View Post
    If you have a decent camera, some beamshots with settings close to MTBR light shootout settings would be nice. Also running time test, perhaps something about ease of installation and how you feel about the build quality.

I don't really expect you to do all that of course, but few words about how the lights feel in practice would be nice
    First of all, I wanted to post pictures. But its a good idea to mimic the MTBR light shoutout settings. So have to look them up.

I will make some pictures of the package and the lights also. I can tell you the build is better than the no name chinese. The lights, that is. There are two different batteries. One lookes very professional (branded samsung) waterresistant wrap. The other, bigger one, looks more like my cheaper chinese batteries. The same is true for the chargers.

Butt I'll save other details for my first review.

All the other things you mention are allready on the checklist.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pucked up View Post
    Is the Sogn 900 the wireless version? Interested to know how well it works. They should make one for helmet lights which would make more sence since you would no longer need to take your hands off the handle bar when you want to change modes.
    Yes if you mean the remote version. With an extra button that you can install closer to the handle. But not wireless? I don't understand how a bike light would be wireless?

mtbr member

Check out exposures new equinox light and you'll under stand wireless. But it's expensive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    Check out exposures new equinox light and you'll under stand wireless. But it's expensive.

Ok. Well, never seen this remote before, and found it also at the lupine website. Looks cool. But the "remote" on this light is just a wired button. And the wire is too short to use it if installed on a helmet.

As you mention, I think it's a complete different pricetag.

mtbr member

Double post deleted.
    Last edited by spankone; 09-02-2013 at 01:21 PM.

mtbr member

Deleted.
    Last edited by spankone; 09-02-2013 at 01:21 PM.

mtbr member

Wow tbh I'm amazed they've squeezed this fictionality in at this price.

http://www.mtbrevolution.com/index.p...product_id=241

Proper wireless remote.

mtbr member
    oh dear, I love the look and the feel of the lights but that User interface is disappointing.

turns on/hi/med/low/strobe/off then repeat. its crying out for a smarter UI and a nicer 6xcell pack.

mtbr member
    Hi All,

All the items almost sent out now, only a few meet a battery problem in Customs, it was returned, we will re-send these days soon, so, I hope that you all will get them recently, and the second batch list will be coming in next Thursday, I will list here too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast