Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Xeccon lights provided us with some examples for our winners of the ARLBERG Bike Marathon (Der Arlberg Adler | Das Arlberg Murmel | in St. Anton am Arlberg) here the reviews from our winners in German:

Martin Föger (AUT), Skoda Falch Radteam Schönwies
    Winner ARLBERG Bike Marathon 2012, Tiroler Master Marathon 2010
    Tiroler vicemaster Cross Country U23 2010

"Ich habe die Xeccon Niguer 300 Lampe im Dunkeln auf meinem Mountainbike getestet und bin sehr begeistert! Eine einfache Handhabung, schnelle Montage und das leichte Gewicht sprechen für die Xeccon Lampe. Beeindruckend ist der helle und vor allem sehr weite Lichtstrahl, da wird die Nacht zum Tag! Ich freue mich schon auf die Wintersaison wenn mich die Xeccon bei meinen Skitouren begleiten wird. Mein Interesse nach dem Spitzenmodell der Xeccon Reihe wurde auf jeden Fall geweckt!"

Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure-martin-foeger.jpg
    Martin Föger (2. Platz ARLBERG Bike Marathon) und Martin Ebster (Tourismusdirektor von St. Anton am Arlberg )mit der Xeccon Niguer 300 (v.l.n.r.)

Carolin Mink (AUT), SSC Trappenberg e.V.
    Participant ARLBERG Bike Marathon 2013

"Der Gewinn der Lampe kam quasi wie gerufen, da ich am überlegen war, mir eine neue Bikelampe zu kaufen. Ich habe die Xeccon Spiker 1211 gewonnen und bin sehr zufrieden damit! Die Lampe kann sehr schnell am Lenker montiert werden und die Bedienung ist auch sehr einfach. Ein Knopfdruck genügt und der helle, blaue Strahl erhellt die Nacht. Auch im Winter, beim Rodeln oder Skitourengehen, werde ich die Xeccon dabei haben. Die Lampe finde ich super, da sie nicht zu groß und sehr leicht ist. Der Batteriepack ist ebenfalls in einer akzeptablen Größe, vor allem finde ich hierbei auch die Tasche des Batteriepacks super, da eine einfache Befestigung am Oberrohr möglich ist. Zusätzlich ist der Netzstecker zum Aufladen sehr praktisch, so dass man nicht auf USB oder ähnliches angewiesen ist. Ich werde die Lampe hauptsächlich zum Biken verwenden. Mein Freund freut sich schon, dass er nicht mehr alleine zum nightriden gehen muss :-) Daher werde ich hierbei die Leuchtkraft noch ausgiebig testen können. Im bisherigen Einsatz (Stadtverkehr und Dämmerung) war sie völlig ausreichend. Ich könnte mir aber auch gut vorstellen die Lampe zum Skitouren gehen zu verwenden. Mal schauen was die kalte und dunkle Jahreszeit für Möglichkeiten bietet! Ich freue mich auf jeden Fall sehr, dass ich die Lampe gewonnen habe! Danke an Xeccon und das Arlberg Adler Team!"

Name:  carolin-mink.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  61.0 KB
    Carolin Mink mit der Xeccon Spiker 1211

Thanks Xeccon for providing us these lights!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Its taken a little longer than planned, but I've got part 1 of my Geinea I review written up - you can find it here. The training and tribulations of a Budding MTB'r (and dad): Xeccon lights review - part 1

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Finally got my samples

Xeccon Sogn 700 - flood monster, gives the widest beam compared to all my lights. Wireless remote, sturdy metal mount, VERY impressed with its quality.
    Spiker 1206 - got it because I was interested in ambient light sensor. It seems to work ok, but I have to make a test ride to check it.
    Also bought MJ-818 rear light from local xeccon distributor that provided samples to me, will compare it to other rear lights that I have.

I will write reviews for xeccon lights in about 1 week, but initial impression are very good. I will probably use sogn 700 for night riding in the forest, its much better than my current cheap chinese lights.

mtbr member
    That Sogn 700 looks very nice.

Looks like XML2s. Are they?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
    That Sogn 700 looks very nice.

Looks like XML2s. Are they?
    No, it uses 6 XT-E leds. And before anybody asks "what, no xml?!" - there is a reason for that.
    XT-E leds are smaller, give wider beam, have about the same efficiency at low currents...and they're cheaper too
    This light is optimised for flood, it can be compared to dual Magicshine MJ-870 lights in one small body.

Light freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Kir View Post
    XT-E leds are smaller, give tighter beam
    fixed it for you

Kir
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    EDIT: Hmm, nevermind, gotta read a bit more about XT-E leds.
    From my understanding they have a wider hotspot compared to previous-gen XP* series, correct?
    XML will give a wider beam, but I'm comparing them to XP-G leds on MJ-870 and simular lights...since XML triples are much bigger than these ones.

My sources for info atm, hotspot seems to be wider:
    http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cr...cal_Design.pdf
    Cree - Flashlight Wiki
    The Cree XT-E Royal Blue LED Explained

EDIT 2: And another interesting thing, apparently XT-E with their special emitter surface have very noticable colorshifts:
    Got my XT-E drop-in today; first impressions. | BudgetLightForum.com
    I just tried sogn 700 on a white wall and while 6 leds kinda mix up in the beam it still has a bluish center hotspot and more yellow corona/sidespill. I haven't noticed that on initial short test outside, but its visible on the white wall. Guess I'll have to ride with it before writing anything, need to see how noticeable it'll be in the forest/on the road.
    This is the first light with XT-E leds for me so I can make some errors

mtbr member
    EDIT: Hmm, nevermind, gotta read a bit more about XT-E leds.
    From my understanding they have a wider hotspot compared to previous-gen XP* series, correct?
    XTE has a slightly smaller hotspot that XP-G (from memory its a slightly smaller die but has the remote phosphor which blurs it out a bit). I replaced some XMLs with XTEs (was a low power light) because I wanted a tighter spot and they worked really well.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Hi Kir, did you finish the review of the Sogn 700 and Spiker 1206? I am looking forward to read it and revieivng your suggestion for improving our products.

Finally got my samples

Xeccon Sogn 700 - flood monster, gives the widest beam compared to all my lights. Wireless remote, sturdy metal mount, VERY impressed with its quality.
    Spiker 1206 - got it because I was interested in ambient light sensor. It seems to work ok, but I have to make a test ride to check it.
    Also bought MJ-818 rear light from local xeccon distributor that provided samples to me, will compare it to other rear lights that I have.

I will write reviews for xeccon lights in about 1 week, but initial impression are very good. I will probably use sogn 700 for night riding in the forest, its much better than my current cheap chinese lights.
    Xeccon: Stay Safe, Stay Ahead

mtbr member
    Any sponsorship opportunities for 2014?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Faye must be pissed with me because I still did not do a review of the samples I received. But I have a ton of excuses. And the best one is the first time I had to use my Spiker 1211.

I had a fire in my house and when the fuses blew I was verry happy with the great Spiker1211.

But, to the review.

Here a picture of the whole set I received.
    Attachment 854974

The Spiker 1211 was in a nice cardboard box. And The Sogn 900 was in a very usefull travel bag (inside a normal box)

Attachment 854972

The charger on the left is from the Sogn 900 and looks and feels almost as professional as the charger from my Hope Lights. The charger on the right came with the Spiker 1211 and looks and feels cheap, like the chinese e-bay lights I own. Time will tell If it's better.

Attachment 855023

As you can see. The battery of the Spiker is in an branded flexible (waterproof?) jacket. Inside is the same blue shrinkwrapped battery as the bigger one that was with the Sogn 900. I would have loved the same jacket around the bigger battery. Looks more professional, and will be much more waterproof.

Both batteries have a neopreen (?) attachment system that surrounds them completely and helps also keeping water out.

The system is very practical to attach to your bike or helmet (if you have big enough vents). The Spiker 1211 is a very little lamp. You attach it with a rubber ring to the helmet-strap (also in the package). Once attached its easy to attach the helmet-strap to the helmet. The only strange thing is, that the cable to the battery comes out of the front of the lamp. It has to turn to the back to connect to the battery. I cannot see a setup that can use the strange cable placement?
    Attachment 855012Attachment 855013

You could put the light more to the front of the helmet, but I have a mesh in the frontal vents. You could also put the battery in a backpack, because there is an extension cord included. But this setup worked great for me.
    Attachment 855014Attachment 855025Attachment 855015
    Then there is the Sogn 900 With 2 leds. It's of great build quality. Attaches with an aluminium ring to the bike. Very sturdy and stable.
    It also comes with a "remote" button. Not the cool new remotes. It's just a wired button you can place close to your thumb.
    Attachment 855016
    Not very useful because it's a big button. So you really have to raise your thumb to control it. You really lose your grip so it's almost as difficult (or easy) as controlling the button on the light itself.

Then the real test. Here you see the competition. My first-time night biking friend used 2 firestorms. One on the helmet and one on the bike.

The build quality of these lights is also great. But the batteries are crap. To me the firestorms where 10 times stronger then the Hope light I own. Two Firestorms really looks like overkill. But the (iphone) picture will prove that the xeccon lights are even brighter and better.
    Attachment 855017

So let's compare the lights.
    Attachment 855020

TOTAL DARKNESS
    Attachment 855022

ONE FIRESTORM

Attachment 855018

The Spiker 1211. Great spot light. Great helmet light.

Attachment 855021

TWO firestorms

Attachment 855019

Full XECCON setup. Great flood from the Sogn 900. I really loved the setup.

Even with the crappy Iphone camera you can see the difference. Also the firestorms almost died after 1 hour of biking. I know they will be dead after 1h15 - 1h30 on full power.

Don't know yet how long the xeccon lights will go. I have to find out. And on my next ride I will try to get real dslr pictures.

mtbr member

Apply free lights/ Xeccon, 2013 Globabl Lighting Exposure

Pictures don't seem to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    They work on my mac, but do not work on the iphone. When I wrote te review and used preview, i could see the pics in the text. Now I can just see ATTACHMENT... and have to click it.

On the mac it brings me to a new page with a big picture. On the iphone it says the attachment is invalid. Anybody knows what went wrong?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Are these available in the USA or what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Are these available in the USA or what?
    The light review offer is over. If you mean buying Xeccon products, then they can be found here. Light sets to USA and other countries are from our office in China. As others have mentioned, CNY is coming up so the last day to order is 23rd Jan. Batteries shipped from Colorado and Australian deliveries are not affected by the CNY holidays.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    thanks. any idea when the spiker 1210 will be back in stock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    thanks. any idea when the spiker 1210 will be back in stock?
    They are in stock. Please check PM Inbox.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4