mtbr member
    Dec 2007

anyone have any experience with the NiteRider pro 2200?

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the NiteRider 2200???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha249 View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the NiteRider 2200???
    no, but i have had the Pro 3600 DIY ...

if i were you, i would get the 3600 as it has a bigger battery ...

4 cell is just ridiculously small battery for such a powerful light. i have a 4 cell battery on my tail light blinky right now.

the 3600 and the Lumina 550 / 700 i think are the best values in the NiteRider range. lumina for commuting, 3600 for off-roading.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I cant really justify spending the cost of the pro 3600, should I go with the 1800 instead? I figured I could always turn it on the medium or low setting for climbing and turn it on high for descending. This will be for my helmet as I already have a couple of Niterider HID systems for the handlebar, I just don't know when the HID is going to go out, I have had two HID systems fail on me previously.

mtbr member
    I cant really justify spending the cost of the pro 3600, should I go with the 1800 instead? I figured I could always turn it on the medium or low setting for climbing and turn it on high for descending. This will be for my helmet as I already have a couple of Niterider HID systems for the handlebar, I just don't know when the HID is going to go out, I have had two HID systems fail on me previously.
    for a helmet light consider Light & Motion Seca ( 1700, 1500, 2000 )

i think the NR 2200 / 3600 may be too heavy for helmet

on the other hand the Seca will outperform the NR 1800 ...

i use Seca 1700 on helmet now. i previously used NR 3600 on the bar.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Do you know if the Niterider pro 2200 weighs more than the Old Niterider Moab HID? that is what I currently use on the helmet so if it weighs the same that's fine, if it weighs less all the better. I came across someone in town that has a 2200 he wants to get rid of for a good price, I am just not sure about the light because I cannot find any info on the light online anywhere. He is going to sell it to me for a little more than half price and he only has used it a couple of times. He wants $225 for it, it sounds like I cant beat its lumins output for that price, so maybe I should just go for it?

mtbr member
    Do you know if the Niterider pro 2200 weighs more than the Old Niterider Moab HID? that is what I currently use on the helmet so if it weighs the same that's fine, if it weighs less all the better. I came across someone in town that has a 2200 he wants to get rid of for a good price, I am just not sure about the light because I cannot find any info on the light online anywhere. He is going to sell it to me for a little more than half price and he only has used it a couple of times. He wants $225 for it, it sounds like I cant beat its lumins output for that price, so maybe I should just go for it?
    if it's still under warranty i would get it. if not maybe he wants to sell it because it malfunctions.

it seems to be just a crippled version of Pro 3600 that they developed for people who can't afford the 3600 kinda like iPhone 5C is for people who can't afford 5S.

if you have a scale you can figure out if it weighs more than your old light or not. here is a pic of Pro 3000 on a scale - i expect 2200 to be similar.

mtbr member
    $225 is a good price for that light, but you won't have a warranty if there is a problem with it. If the NR 2200 is close to the same weight as the 3600 androgen posted then it would be pretty heavy on the helmet. Maybe you can send a message francois on the forums here who does the light shoot out. He may be able to give you a weight of the NR 2200 light head itself as I think he has one for testing. I used to use a Nitrerider HID on the helmet and that was on the heavy side and the output on those was only in the 400-500 lumen area. Now I use a 1200 lumen Gloworm X2 on the helmet and it is really nice to have something that small and light weight that can still put out a lot of light. The new Gloworm X2 lights are now being bumped up to 1500 lumens so that is whole lot of output and in a small package.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    $225 is a good price for that light, but you won't have a warranty if there is a problem with it. If the NR 2200 is close to the same weight as the 3600 androgen posted then it would be pretty heavy on the helmet. Maybe you can send a message francois on the forums here who does the light shoot out. He may be able to give you a weight of the NR 2200 light head itself as I think he has one for testing. I used to use a Nitrerider HID on the helmet and that was on the heavy side and the output on those was only in the 400-500 lumen area. Now I use a 1200 lumen Gloworm X2 on the helmet and it is really nice to have something that small and light weight that can still put out a lot of light. The new Gloworm X2 lights are now being bumped up to 1500 lumens so that is whole lot of output and in a small package.
    yeah the output to weight ratio on the 2200 will not be very good for the helmet - but he seems to want a heavy helmet light

on the bars though the 2200 would be just about unbeatable at that price.